Is Anyone Else a Patlabor Fan

Panzer

They're nice though they're a bit on the stiff side and a bit of a pain to pose, but overall they're quite nice. They aren't that hard to assemble either, though you'll need a screw driver.

Check out this police brutality scene, me and Dat Pinche Haro set up with our Labor kits and his Gouf Custom. You can't tell from the pic but mine (one on right) actualy has L.A.P.D. decals

post-26-1096801647_thumb.jpg

Edited by Druna Skass

you just had to post this picture back up didn't you?! :lol::lol::p

there is a small amount of painting involved...me and Druna Skass thought the heads were too plain so both of use painted the front where the camera is, it's not being true to the anime but hey, when you have a model kit you can do whatever you want to it :p ...the hardest part of building the kit was getting the rubber parts off the trees and getting the rubber parts to stay...also, those there's clear parts around the waist area that need to be glued down or they'll pop out very easily...i think the kit is very well constructed but is limited due to the way all the joints work...it's sometimes hard for me to keep the knees in the right position since they come off pretty easily...and the head looks a little awkward in some positions...over all the kit is worth the money and time put into it :)

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Patlabor is my second favourite anime series (after Urusei Yatsura).

The bandai MG kits are pretty good, but theres one thing that niggles me if you're not into painting - the visors are moulded in clear plastic, not green. Ingrams just don't look right with clear visors... :(

If you're good with a Sharpie that's not too much of a problem, I was able to put a nice blue tint on mine.

The bandai MG kits are pretty good, but theres one thing that niggles me if you're not into painting - the visors are moulded in clear plastic, not green. Ingrams just don't look right with clear visors...  :(

If you're good with a Sharpie that's not too much of a problem, I was able to put a nice blue tint on mine.

Knives and my fingers don't mix... :lol:

I was lucky enough to score a nearly perfect Bandai Ingram battery-operated toy a few weeks ago. I like it, though I'm still wondering whether to apply the decals - it looks a little plain without them. Also, compared to modern toys, its about as poseable as a brick, but it has a certain presence about it...

ALPHONSE! anyway the series rocks including WXIII. well done animation and mood. unlike alot of other mech anime the mechs only have a total of about 5 minutes screen time in each movie give or take a few minutes. i love the kits as well very clean and aside from the clear headpiece over the "eye" pretty true to line art.

The bandai MG kits are pretty good, but theres one thing that niggles me if you're not into painting - the visors are moulded in clear plastic, not green. Ingrams just don't look right with clear visors...  :(

Knives and my fingers don't mix... :lol:

I was lucky enough to score a nearly perfect Bandai Ingram battery-operated toy a few weeks ago. I like it, though I'm still wondering whether to apply the decals - it looks a little plain without them. Also, compared to modern toys, its about as poseable as a brick, but it has a certain presence about it...

how much you pay for it?

and man, those LEDs are TOO COOL.

i'm also a big fan of the manga. i think its VIZ comics that sell the little graphic novels. they only put out like 2 books that i've seen. i want more!

how much you pay for it?

8,000 yen, plus shipping - I felt that was a reasonable amount (it even had the original batteries!). They don't appear to be all that common; I've only ever seen one missing some of its parts in Tokyo.

I also liked the manga; I wish Viz would re-consider publishing it. Its just seems to be Patlabors fate in life, that it seems to be rather ignored by the Western anime fan community (other than the movies).

Edited by F-ZeroOne

So the Patlabor MG kits don't need paint? How come I see the guns are painted but on ebay I see the kit with white guns?

The guns are molded in white plastic. There are many other minor parts that need painting or detailing / touching up. An unpainted and un-panel lined MG Ingram doesn't look as good as an unpainted MG Gundam due to the lack of colors.

Is this MG kit???  If the lights are included, I might give a try.

yep. MG kit.

There is a MG kit Ingram#2 with LED included.

http://www.toy-wave.com/cgi-bin/store/comm...6&pid=192&ppi=1

They also sell the LED separately, for those other Ingram kit without the LED.

http://www.toy-wave.com/cgi-bin/store/comm...&pid=1091&ppi=1

duuuude where do these obscure hobby websites keep coming from? yahoo and google never find these. just when you think you know every site to check out along comes another one. thanks for the link tho :D

Edited by Panzer

So the Patlabor MG kits don't need paint?  How come I see the guns are painted but on ebay I see the kit with white guns?

The guns are molded in white plastic. There are many other minor parts that need painting or detailing / touching up. An unpainted and un-panel lined MG Ingram doesn't look as good as an unpainted MG Gundam due to the lack of colors.

funny, but all my MG Ingram kits have the gun moulded in black. not white. only that electric baton is moulded in white.