Anyone else told to Evacuate?

Ladic

After the little storm it got clear, I took this pics like an hour ago before it got dark.

The hurricane now is supposed to be levl 2 (it started as levl 4), and maybe it won't hit all that hard, or maybe it will get it's strenght back.

who knows.

IM000125.jpg

IM000126.jpg

IM000130.jpg

IM000131.jpg

Terrific pictures! So who else thinks the next MW convention should be held at Ladic's place? :p

...only not during hurricane season....

Seriously though, best of luck to Ladic and all the others in the path of this storm. :)

Agreed! We need a bloody Florda meeting!

Anyhow, the storm's a big wimp now.... not too worried. :lol:

Yea. My room mates bought tape to reinforce our windows...

....of course, in their brilliance, they seem to have snagged masking tape. I'm SURE it'll stand up to the stresses that a hurricane can put out.... <_<

Aw well, I'm landlocked in Gainesville, so still not particularly worried.

In Delray Beach everything is 'calm'. We got power all day, cable went down for some minutes, and nothing is flying alway yet... some heavy winds and the tree on the backyard looks like is going to OZ anytime though...

It looks like the heavy stuff will kick on the middle of the night. I hope goes a little faster cause I'm getting bored and running kind of low on milk, what sucks.

At least I have y'all to make me company :p

Wow, who knew there were so many MWers in Florida? We do need to have a little convention.

I'm in Orlando, and things are fine right now. (4:30 Saturday afternoon) We're getting the outer bands, so it'll rain really hard for about an hour, then clear for an hour, repeat.

We expect power to go out sometime tonight, but otherwise things don't look too bad here. Mobile homes are evacuated, but I'm in a sturdy apartment complex.

Honestly, the biggest problem I've been having is every member of my family calling me to see how I'm doing. :p

There's no cool pictures for me to take of the current storm, so here's one of the examples of Charley's aftermath.

Everyone in FL, keep well.

post-26-1094335458_thumb.jpg

All I know is I'm sooooooooooo bored confined in this place for 3 days :/

I think I gonna go outside with no shirt on, walk to the center of the street, open my arms up and shout "SHOW ME YOUR POWER!" as loud as I can...

brb :p

Edited by Limbo

Fortunately my area wasn't hit too hard (Pompano Beach), my building never lost electricity/water/cable/internet, but I know some building close to here did lose all that stuff.

All in all it wasn't to bad here, but I hear it was pretty bad one hour north on palm beach.

3:43AM 9/6/04

Well im doing okay here in Orlando. winds still going up to 30mph or so, still raining. everything that i know of is fine for right now. My fence that fell down in charley and was put back up is still standing (quite surprising). Only lost power for about 7 hours, we had a generator running though when it was out.

Though now we have to worry about Ivan, it is already a cat 4 and it is showing on the prediction to come right up the middle of Florida. I have yet to have a full week of school becuase of these hurricanes and i dont think i will for a while now.

time to go to sleep now.