Anyone else told to Evacuate?

Ladic

We already got the Evacuation order where I Live (Pompano Beach, right on top of Ft Lauderdale), and I live right on the beach, but we are still debating wether to stay or go to my uncles.

For some reason, I feel less safe at my uncles cause most houses here are build out of freaking cardboards and the Hurricane is supposed to hit all over, and at least my building is made out of concrete and steel.

We are still debeating the issue, but we won't have any electricity or water tomorrow and Saturday when the Hurricane arrives, maybe even longer.

Anyone else in the same spot having to evacuate?

This is were I live:

post-25-1094155698.jpg

post-25-1094155719.jpg

Well the over-reaction here on the (Tampa)west coast was reached new levels. They have closed the schools tommorrow, even though Frances will not be here until Saturday.

I guess they are playing it safe..... :rolleyes:

I will not be evacuating, but a sincere "good luck and be safe" to anyone who is.

I expect that Lightning06 is on his way to higher ground. That's the impression I got when I talked to him this morning.

Hey, how is he? I couldn't get in contact with him but I'm guessing he's been evacuated.

I expect that Lightning06 is on his way to higher ground. That's the impression I got when I talked to him this morning.

Hey, how is he? I couldn't get in contact with him but I'm guessing he's been evacuated.

I think he already left for a safe area.

Yeah, Lightning had to bail, sometime before noon my time. He didn't say where he was going, but since he hasn't been back I'm guessing he had to bolt.

Who wouldn't? She's (Frances) pretty much pissed right about now! As long as they're alive and safe, they can rebuild.

:(

I'm packing, and trying to get the apartment ready for the storm (as ready as it can get anyway).

I'm in North Lauderdale, no word to evacuate, but I'll be heading a little further west to Coral Springs.

And yeah S.E. Florida is not the best place to be right now.

-b.

I'd probably stay...

Actually if it were me I would go the roof right before the huricane got to me and I'd hit a double bicep pose... The huricane would be so scared it would go to Cuba.

:)

That building will be cool. Its made of cement. Just board up the place and prepare for one kickass ride.

As someone who has lived 20 of his 39 years in Florida, all I can say is good luck to you. I've been through my fair share of hurricanes, and I do not envy any of you who have to go through this.

My poor mother, on the other hand, lives in Lake Worth in a retirement community. She was told to evacuated yesterday. She is going to stay with an aunt of mine in Boynton Beach who has a house made out of concrete that was built to stand up in hurricanes. I guess it also helps that it was built during the 50's. Her's was one of only a few houses standing on her street when Andrew came ripping through.

Last time it was reported, Frances was suppose to hit landfall by Friday afternoon. Around the Vero Beach to Miami Beach area. This is getting worrysome, especially for those residing there.

Edited by Angel's Fury

I am in Orange County Florida... aka... central Orlando FL.

No word on evacuation yet other than those living in low lying areas, mobile and manufactured homes.

I hear you guys are going to get another pounding in Orlando.. good luck man..

Gainesville's in this monster's way. We've taped windows and are ready. I'm stayin' put.

Around here in Daytona Beach the schools have been closed since yesterday, the beaches will be closed tomorrow and everybody has been warned that an evacuation order might come anytime, I still think it's not gonna be that bad, Charlie wasn't much but this one is just huge however If I were you I would pack everything necesary and be ready to leave at any moment in the case that you decide to stay, it's true that a concrete building will stand quite well but better put plywood on your windows, also plan an escape route very well in case of a real emergency. Good luck to 'ya! I'll need it too! My flight academy evacuated all the airplanes yesterday to tallahasee and it looks like they're gonna have to move them from there too... with a little luck everything will pass without much problems, we'll se.. by the way, sunny Florida my a.s!!! :p

Later and happy hurricane! :lol:

Edited by macplus

I live in Delray Beach just where they eye of the hurricane is supposed to hit. You are in front of the ocean, so I don't suppose you have to worry that much about debris... but with 150mph winds you really shoud take some kind of precaution. Most of those buildings should have hurricane shutters, if you don't maybe you could seal the windows from the inside with plywood. Tape windows is a waste of time and tape, since it can't really offer any extra strenght to the window. Not trying to freak you out, but, you are in the front line man... Your building will be taking all the heat before anything else and if you look at Homestead as a model, your building could not be there after the storm... Where does your uncle lives anyway? Is it an wood structure house?

Good luck down there, my brothers from Daytona Beach are up here in Chattanooga, TN staying with me since last night. My uncle in Melbourne is home bound and was not willing to let anyone carry him out of his house to escape the storm, he has people checking on him, but if this storm stays as strong as it is now, it is going to do sopme real damage down there.

You have about 12 hours to get out of dodge by the most recent estimates I have seen, I think you would be better safe than sorry.

Good luck man.. :unsure::unsure:

Yep, my grandma, uncles, aunts, and cousins all live in and around Sanford, FL ( and no, they do not know Alex Medina! :ph34r: ) which is basically right outside Orlando. They are prepping for the worst, but hopefully this one won't level anything.

Some pics I took today:

This 2 pics are the view from my apartment, right now it looks like a Romero Zombie movie, the city this side of the channel is empty and very very quiet.

Claridge012.jpg

Claridge015.jpg

This next 2 pics are the view from my parents apartment, they got ocean view.

Claridge030.jpg

Claridge031.jpg