Need help remembering a cartoon

Graham

I need help finding information on a Sci-Fi/Superhero cartoon from my childhood. I think it would have aired sometime in the mid to late 1970s.

I can't remember very much about it, except that it featured 3 hero characters each with different powers, who may or may not have been named after characters from either Greek or Roman mythology.

They also had a cool looking spaceship that was based either inside a volcano or a mountain, or perhaps under a lake. As I said, my memory is sketchy from so long ago. I sorta remember the spaceship as being vaguely flying saucer shaped, with 3 landing struts and lots of kibble on the exterior. Please bear in mind that my memory may be faulty.

The only other thing I remember is that the ships computer or perhaps it was a ships robot spoke with quite a sexy female voice.

I've tried searching for info on this, but when some or all the details I'm remembering may be incorrect, I haven't found anything so far.

Hope somebody can help me as it's bugging he hell out of me.

Graham

I thought it had been established that all computers in SF shows have sexy female voices... :p

Ulyssees 31 would also be my guess, but theres a number of things in Grahams description that don't fit - the crew of the ship in that didn't have any special powers (except for the little girl), and they were almost always flying through space - no volcanoes.

One other guess might be Gatchaman, but I suspect you'd be familiar enough with that to get it right off, Graham.

SilverHawks, maybe? Or one of the Force Five shows? :huh:

It wasn't Spartakus and the Sun beneath the Sea was it? The male lead, the female lead and their little wierd dog creatures all had special powers? And they had a funky ship :)

French serial about a women named Arkana, who was sent to save Arkadia from the sun’s failure.  She is joined by Spartakus (slave

rebel), Bob, and Rebecca (brother and sister) One of two songs would be sung, sometimes for very little reason.  Bic and Bac would

do a dance called the Flashbick, and the Pirates would sing about themselves.  1985.  Ran for 52 episodes.

the details graham give almost reminded me of a old forgotten show but i think it was 3 kids in a dead city thats has a giant roof over it and have to defeat some giant bowling pin looking robot with some lost weapon in the dead city and they move around in somekind of gerwalk flying car thing.

3 kids with mythical powers:

http://www.tvparty.com/sat77.html

Right column, 2nd one down.

Young Sentinels / NBC

(debut)

Cartoon series about three teenagers (and their robot) who are trained on another planet to battle villains here on earth. The three take on the qualities of Hercules, Astraea and Mercury thanks to their mighty alien boss, Sentinel One.

The show was retitled 'Space Sentinels' midseason.

3 kids with mythical powers:

http://www.tvparty.com/sat77.html

Right column, 2nd one down.

Young Sentinels / NBC

(debut)

Cartoon series about three teenagers (and their robot) who are trained on another planet to battle villains here on earth. The three take on the qualities of Hercules, Astraea and Mercury thanks to their mighty alien boss, Sentinel One.

The show was retitled 'Space Sentinels' midseason.

'Space Sentinels' That's the one, thanks David.

Graham

Dude, that link is awesome, my spanish is a little rusty but that is a really cool resource! I used to watch most of those cartoons in spanish when I was a kid in CA anyhow :) Tranzor Z and speed racer every morning, man that used to piss my dad off, hahah :)

I watched almost all of them as a kid. :D

And guys, please give me some credit for at least having half a brain. I do know what Ulysses 31, Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman & Thunderbirds are!!!!! <_<

I wouldn't ask about something so obvious and well known as those shows. As a Brit I grew up on Thunderbirds which is something of a national insitution in the UK

as well as other Gerry Anderson shows like Captain Scarlet, UFO, Joe 90, Stingray, & Space 1999.

I may be an old fart (35 next month), but I'm not quite senile yet :p

Graham

And guys, please give me some credit for at least having half a brain. I do know what Ulysses 31, Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman & Thunderbirds are!!!!! <_<

Graham

Uh, oh, I think we've upset the Sithlord... I can feel the choking... ack... :lol:

Sorry, Graham - I figured Gatchaman would be a no-brainer for you. Ulyssees 31 is a little obscure even for a UK fan who grew up when it was on, and I suspect most people had at best half-memories of it (its recently been repeated on UK TV and theres now a UK DVD release as well... )

didnt realise you was from the UK Graham :D

Where abouts in the UK? Im from Cumbria :)

I remember all of the cartoons mentioned here and Im only 21 :p

I have the displeasure of having grown up in Milton Keynes :(

Now do all you Brits on this forum will understand why I left and never came back :p

Anyway, I don't remember the exact date I first saw Ulyssees 31 on TV, but it would have been sometime between 1981 to 1985, which is I think the first time it aired on UK TV.

Graham

Can someone tell me the name of this 80s cartoon/anime...its troubling me a lot thinking about it.

From what i remember its something the alien forces invading earth. The Aliens are exactly like humans except they have a pale skin and the alien troopers wear suits that look like the Black Mask Rider. I know later the aliens go into civil war with one side becoming allieds to the humans.

I remember in later episodes the alien had a home planet described to be similar to earth and even had prehistoric animals like the wooly mammoth.

As for the 3 main characters i know there is this guy who wears red google and drive a jeep or car(not sure), a chick who flies a combat helicopter of some sort and the big guy who drives another ground vehicle.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by hellohikaru

This thread reminds me that I have forgotten the names of many of the old cartoons that used to fill my childhood.

Here are two of them:

1. Young man lives on an island, girl escapes to it with her father's secret weapon, a plane that transforms to a robot, from an evil organisation. They went on to fight the organisation in every episode.

Should be simple. :)

2. A group of people living under the sea (or something), pilots really ancient ships to fight off-Earth human invaders. Their mothership is a giant white whale. There's a girl guardian who was from ancient times, became a robot to be immortal (so to fight the invaders), was in love with the main hero, but reverted to human in the last episode.

Again, should be simple.

If it helps, I watched these shows in Singapore, should be around 1983 to 1986.