The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

Well, just got word from Ali today and I have full permission to use her and Hilary's images for my site. I'm going to see if I can wrangle the design pattern they used for the swimsuit and the tunic so I can post it for any female fans wanting to make their own.

By the way, how large is the Studio HalfEye model going to be? I heard it was going to be around 20 or so inches high, but I have never purchased anything from these guys before. If anyone here has ever bought something from them before, could you tell us what size the model was. I'll be pissed if I had to pay $500 for a model that was 7 inches tall. I want it to at least have some size to it.

382767[/snapback]

More likley to be around 20cm.

I heard the perfect change Getter leaves more to be desired though. Someone told me its joints are loose and floppy and variuos other problems which i can't remmember. But maybe he was expecting something more durable for the money he paid.

382774[/snapback]

i am not sure where you heard that, the PC Getter is real nice and my most liked peice in my collection, the thing about all she stuff including the upcoming Gunbuster is that the joints will get loose after time due to the material they are made out of , all She stuff comes with a small screwdriver to tighten the joints so you can lock it into the position you want. this is common in all she stuff, they make the joints loose out of box so you can easily transform it then tighten it so it holds position, maybe your friend did not know this. but i love the figures i have and am defiently getting the Gunbuster

382778[/snapback]

Hmmm...mebbe then. Oh well...post us a review when you get it. ;)

I surely can't afford one. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Shizouka Hobby show is next month, still too early for a full proto I would say but I will be shocked if Bandai don't have something cool to show to drum up hype.

Speaking of hype,

Noriko, could I please borrow an image from you sites art gallery for a Gunbuster SOC awareness sig for use on other sites? :)

Some translated notes from the sketches, posted on Robot Japan's bbs by Ataru,

"The text on those blueprints say that these are rough design sketches that are being used for planning how what they'll actually do, so you can't really take everything in them for granted. Remember, the original voltes blueprints even included things like the super electromagnetic tops being storable in the torso.

That said, it says transformation and combination but it doesn't say "perfect" transformation. Neither does it mention part swapping. Cover pieces that fold over gaps created in the transformation process are mentioned. Also, it mentions storing both the buster shield and buster homerun within the buster machines, and reproducing the buster koreda. "

That all sounds rather ambitious but having seen Voltes raft of tricks I have no doubt that Bandai will deliver a worthy toy.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this kit transformable? I've been out of the loop for a while due to computer problems at home and have been unable to chat. If this kit is transformable, why am I spending $500 for the kit produced by Studio Halfeye?

Can't see those pics hotlinked....taken from the other msg board...HOLY MUTHA!!

400360[/snapback]

They're from the same show but bigger individual pics.

Go here and scroll down to 2006.05.18 to find them. http://pam.main.jp/

Is this kit transformable? I've been out of the loop for a while due to computer problems at home and have been unable to chat. If this kit is transformable, why am I spending $500 for the kit produced by Studio Halfeye?

...because you're a Gunbuster completist? oh and according to TBDX it says complete transformation in the background.

Wow, it IS transformable...

And rather pricey at Y18,900.

Honestly, I'd rather have a cheaper, non-transformable one. The Buster Machine modes look like ass. It takes way too many compromises to make a transformable Gunbuster.

Makes me want to build my 1/500 resin kits of the Gunbuster and Buster Machines. Now THEY look good! :D

I think that'll be my project for next year's Wonderfest, in fact...

400378[/snapback]

This is the forthcoming SOC man. B))

It's a big bugger alright, I can't wait.

When is Top 2 episode 6 due out? Hopefully someone will truly license both shows in the U.S. after the new OVA is done.

401772[/snapback]

Sixth? I'm still waiting for the subbed version of the 5th.

Maybe it'll be out before 2007. :lol:

Anyone heading to Fanime this weekend? Apparently they're showing Diebuster. They claim to be showing episode 5, which isn't fansubbed yet.

I'm hoping to find something related in the dealers room. though I won't hold my breath.

Ohhhh, gimmicks!

Thank you Danguard Ace. :lol:

edit, Just whacked it into photoshop and blew it up so I could see it better and those planned gimmicks are well impressive.

It looks like they're planning on designing the arms so you just have to pull off one side of the armour on each arm to do the iconic crossed arms pose.

In other words, you don't need to change the arms like on the action figures.

The buster homerun and Tomahawk & feet shredders we allready knew about from the earlier art, the cape was mentioned but not shown and it looks very interesting.

I can't think of any toy ever that had a deployable cape.

It also includes a miniture RX robot to hold in it's palm which pretty much embodies what I love about japanese toys and that is of course their obessive attention to detail.

This is going to be well worth each and every last thousand yen.

Edited by Fort Max