Why don't we get cool stuff like this?

EXO

That is so cool on many levels. Good sculpts apparently, and a lot of them.

I bet the two "secret" ones are the Seed mecha as they are suspiciously missing from the line-up.

Edited by Anubis

The reason we dont get the cool stuff is because most people dont know what gundam is. The average person would be like "what the hell is this crap on my pepsi". The reason for them not knowing what gundam is maybe becuase it has to do with being a so called "cartoon". Here in america the average Parent/adult see's anime as a cartoon and there for tries to stay away from it becuase " cartoons are for kids". Thus why parents call your anime "cartoons" and all the models and action figures you have the dreaded word CRAP. I find it funny that my parents and other adult people i know try to stay away from anime like dog crap in the yard.

Edited by ~Duo~Trenten

The 25th anniversary date already passed IIRC.

Because you know Americans, as soon as they start giving away free toys with every bottle of soda, some moron will file one or all of the following lawsuits:

A lawsuit stating that the reason their 8 year old child weighs 426 pounds and has diabetes is because pepsi was arketting to children and forcing them (the parents) to buy him soda to get toys. ;

A lawsuit stating that their infant poked his eye out and choked to death on their dangerous and negligent bottlecap.; and/or

A lawsuit stating that they have been mentally scarred by the collectible bottlecap search. Mental anguish and distress due to the nefarious obcusrity of certain bottle caps in certain regions of the country force the individual to go rob and bank and murder his uncle the priest.

Or maybe I am just feeling cynical today :p

Of course it might be because Gundam isn't selling well enough in the U.S to warrant a nationwide marketting campaign for pepsi...

Lord I hate Gundam... glad those caps aint here in the States.

:wub:

as i said before, these arn't something i need.

even if they were macross i'd pass...

also i agree with the post about americans sueing the crap outa anything like those bottle caps. mainstream america is becomeing a bunch of dumbasses

In Hong Kong at the moment, there are Gundam can tops for Coke cans at some of the convenience stores (can't find a link). There's always some sort of Gundam promotion going on here for bottle or can tops or mini-figures......sigh.

Graham

Coke still does Gundam stuff in Hong Kong? That's a surprise. Makes me wonder exactly which side the Gundam franchise is on.

BTW, C2 tastes better than Pepsi.

Edited by areaseven

Coca-Cola & Macross: Yeah!!!

• 2 weeks later...
yea, I second that! We never get the cool stuff here in the states. I'm still waiting for my Macross credit cards!

The company I work for, First National Bank of Omaha, now has personalized credit cards. Basically when you apply for the card, you submit a photo and they put it on the card (within certain limits). Check out www.firstnational.com. The product is calle "One of a Card."

yea, I second that!  We never get the cool stuff here in the states.  I'm still waiting for my Macross credit cards!

The company I work for, First National Bank of Omaha, now has personalized credit cards. Basically when you apply for the card, you submit a photo and they put it on the card (within certain limits). Check out www.firstnational.com. The product is calle "One of a Card."

As Europe and in particular the Netherlands is way behind for such luxeries, I don't expect I can customize my creditcard, maybe unless I can earn enough to get a premium, gold, platinum, über-card. :p

as i recall these are usually a 7-11 exclusive or something. and they've done these things for the star wars prequels as well as a ton of other things. but this is also the second or third time they've done this with gundam over the last several years. its not all bad as an idea, but its also not great, no matter which franchise they're doing it for.

as i recall these are usually a 7-11 exclusive or something.  and they've done these things for the star wars prequels as well as a ton of other things.  but this is also the second or third time they've done this with gundam over the last several years.  its not all bad as an idea, but its also not great, no matter which franchise they're doing it for.

As mentioned, Pepsi has done this for other movies like the Star Wars films. Depending on advertising interest by a company, Gundam is simply one of a few lincensees.

cbc01.jpg

cbc06.jpg

as i recall these are usually a 7-11 exclusive or something.  and they've done these things for the star wars prequels as well as a ton of other things.  but this is also the second or third time they've done this with gundam over the last several years.  its not all bad as an idea, but its also not great, no matter which franchise they're doing it for.

As mentioned, Pepsi has done this for other movies like the Star Wars films. Depending on advertising interest by a company, Gundam is simply one of a few lincensees.

cbc01.jpg

cbc06.jpg

Awesome...

yeah it's funny, I ask why we don't get cool stuff "like" this... everyone thinks I want gundam caps. I guess the closest we can get to it is Happy Meal prizes. I think someone said it right though, it's because we're a lawsuit happy nation.

Reminds me of that old skit on SNL with Dan Akroyd... Johnny Switchblade...

The funny thing is the Gundam otaku (like me I guess) must have been out in force in Tokyo. Out of the six konbini's I have around my home or work that carry Lemon Pepsi, all of them are picked clean (I bought the last two Diet bottles tonight). That was what? Just over a week or so? Didn't even finish either of the lines, although I got almost every one I wanted... so I shouldn't be greedy, I guess. A TITANS Mark II would have been cool though. Oh well, maybe I'll luck out an another shipment will come.