Update to VB-6 Koenig Section on Yamato's Site

Mechamaniac

yeah, the hips are much more narrow in the prototype, makes it seem taller, less squat and the head seems different, looks flatter in the beta pics...

still getting it, hoping the difference is because of the materials and not design changes, but I can deal.

The center piece of each arm (the "elbow" in destroid mode) it's a moving piece. I think it reveals the machine guns that appear in the line art.

IIRC, from the lineart, those elbow blisters are pop up missile launchers, not machine guns.

Graham

It's the length in shuttle mode.

...12.6 inches long in shuttle mode :blink: . This thing is going to actually be a pretty big toy; add Yamato's customary box size overkill and shipping and the VB-6's price will fall somewhere between a 1/48 VF-1A,S,J and a VF-1J w/FP :o ...probably closer to the latter. <_<

If it's a $160, then I'll get one, not two.

Edited by Anubis

I don't think Yamato is thru with the Monster. They seem to have lost interest on it for the time being, but the Monster is a guarantee of sales, so IMO it's a matter of time (maybe a couple of years, but hey, it's the Monster). Same can be said of the YF-19 FP. Yamato is not gonna disappear tomorrow neither Macross fans, so there's hope. :)

1-60_MonsterYamato.jpg

Awesome  :o

The Konig Monster looks great but i prefer the good Ol' monster.

I do wonder how well that would have balanced if it made production. Those rail cannons and arms completely throw the center of gravity off, unless the body was die cast, and the barrels were ABS. Then it would have bene fine.

Beutiful sculpt though, just too big for me to have even considered the 1/60 Mk II Monster.

I am tremendously happy with how the VB-6 is coming along though.

Edited by Anubis

actually other modellers have marveled at how well designed the monster was. IT has been reproduced in different scales and each time it had no problem holding itself up. You can ask MonkeyN how well his resin kit stood up.

Holy Poop! That thing is Awesome! So long college fund for my kids...hello VB-6!!!!

:D

taking a hundred bucks out of your kid's college fund shouldn't hit it too hard....

unless you plan on sending your kids to UHK... University of Hard Knocks :p

Holy Poop!  That thing is Awesome!  So long college fund for my kids...hello VB-6!!!!

:D

taking a hundred bucks out of your kid's college fund shouldn't hit it too hard....

unless you plan on sending your kids to UHK... University of Hard Knocks :p

Actually, I plan on buying a ton of these. My kids can get jobs and pay their own way through college...those filthy ingrates!

why does it need support in robot mode to stand up?

Graham already answered that one :lol:

If its a painted resin sculpt, the joints will be much looser than on the production toy and it will also be heavier that the ABS plastic production version.

The same happened when we saw Q-Rau pics on the magazines. The production version has no problem standing on it's own. Guess Yamato will take care of that.

Gotta say that the IHP's Battroid mode looks moderately better than Yamato's... proportions are nearly perfect, and looks a little less gangly. I also dig the smaller shoulder blocks... but Yamato's isn't too shabby.

I only wish they'd used dark, transparent plastic for the cockpit glass, rather than just painting in the windows with silver. =P

-Al

BIG!!!!!

I hope the price isn't big also... :huh:

I don't think Yamato is thru with the Monster. They seem to have lost interest on it for the time being, but the Monster is a guarantee of sales, so IMO it's a matter of time (maybe a couple of years, but hey, it's the Monster). Same can be said of the YF-19 FP. Yamato is not gonna disappear tomorrow neither Macross fans, so there's hope. :)

You're not the only one who's hopin' for a YF-19 FP!!!

I don't think Yamato is thru with the Monster. They seem to have lost interest on it for the time being, but the Monster is a guarantee of sales, so IMO it's a matter of time (maybe a couple of years, but hey, it's the Monster). Same can be said of the YF-19 FP. Yamato is not gonna disappear tomorrow neither Macross fans, so there's hope.  :)

ditto ;)

I don't think Yamato is thru with the Monster. They seem to have lost interest on it for the time being, but the Monster is a guarantee of sales, so IMO it's a matter of time (maybe a couple of years, but hey, it's the Monster). Same can be said of the YF-19 FP. Yamato is not gonna disappear tomorrow neither Macross fans, so there's hope.  :)

ditto ;)

Yeah. That and the VB-6 scultor were done by none other than I.H.P.'s Sakuragawa san. I just can't seem to understand what's with the holdup? <_<

yeah...i know...personally i wouldn't care if the -19 had as much part swapping as a gundam fix figure...just as long as it looks nice in all modes...right now it still doesn't look all that great in all modes <_<

Putting things back into perspective....so to speak. A recap of what we've seen in the past months.....

1/60 Yamato Monster :blink: (Damn I still love this one, wish they would have made it)

1/100 Prototype VB-6 Monster from Magazine

1/100 IHP VB-6 Monster kit

1/100 Yamato VB-6 Monster (Beta Release :p)

Now which one do you like?

I still like the 1/60 non-transformable a lot. For some reason the battroid looks better in the prototype in the magazine to me. Must be the legs. Either way, I'm still going to get the Yamato VB-6.

"1/100 Prototype VB-6 Monster from Magazine"

thats the SHE model that never came to be, nothing to do with yamato...

well, as for the 19 being a dead project, remember how we recieved no news on the votom for ages and suddenly voila, a few weeks ago we get pictures of a completed toy. I hope in a few months we'll see a almost completed 19 proto out of the blue as well. :p

well, as for the 19 being a dead project, remember how we recieved no news on the votom for ages and suddenly voila, a few weeks ago we get pictures of a completed toy. I hope in a few months we'll see a almost completed 19 proto out of the blue as well.  :p
If they do make the 19fp, they'd better throw in a fold booster!

I really do hope so guys!!!