Alaska Base shield design??

ghostryder

If I recall from the TV series, in the Episode where Misa and Global arrive at Alaska; there are some guard vlaks that look like dark green versions of Max's 1A. It might've been black. They're in the background as M&G's VTOL transport descends to the landing pad.

Although no logos are visible, just referring to color scheme.

If I recall from the TV series, in the Episode where Misa and Global arrive at Alaska; there are some guard vlaks that look like dark green versions of Max's 1A. It might've been black. They're in the background as M&G's VTOL transport descends to the landing pad.

Although no logos are visible, just referring to color scheme.

Yes, I'm aware of the green valks, but I was doing a fictional scheme like DND's storm shadow 1/48.

Any fan-created fictional logos/shields would be cool, otherwise I may adopt something from one of the Elmendorf AFB F-15 fighter squads.

What decals (stickers) are you using?

edit: took out quoted pic as to prevent any member from having a stroke.

A myriad of leftovers :D - 311 numbers from the Yamato 0A set, squad markings from Takatoys original low-vis set, warning markings from both sets, and I brush painted over the red Takatoy nose kites and the red tampo-printed kite on the wing.

Thanks all for the kind words, considering this custom took minimal effort and no real modeling skills ;) .

Still need to decide on and find tail markings... and I still need a white heatshield...

What?!? Is that all we get? Thanks?

Oh no you didn't get back here and post more pics in other modes. :p

What?!? Is that all we get? Thanks?

Oh no you didn't get back here and post more pics in other modes. :p

Technical difficulties, my friend (that and two little kids, but you know what I mean ;) ).

I thought matching valk white was hard enough, now I have to compensate for the tint of the clear heatshield plastic :wacko: .

I think I got the heatshield color close enough on the 3rd try. Luckily, ethanol (Everclear brand :D ) does not make the clear plastic brittle, even with multiple soaks:

IPB Image

I think shots with Stealth Fastpacks are in order.

Updated fighter pics

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by ghostryder

Nice and simple custom!

Can we get a close-up of the design you finally went with for the Alaska Base logo?

I still don't have one! The squadron markings are the dragon & cloud ones from the Takatoys Low-Vis set. The Alaksa Base shield/logo (if I ever come up with one) will be small and possibly relocated to the side of the legs and near the cockpit like on the Hasegawa Angel Birds.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...tructions-7.jpg

It's amazing how great that simple scheme looks! Great job. And the stealth fast packs match perfectly!

You may just want to go with some small text on the tailfins that says Alaska Base or maybe like

Alaska Base GC-1. Similar to the stickers that say ARMD or Prometheus that are supplied with most decal sheets to show where the valk is stationed. I agree that any insignia would probably be small and unobtrusive.

Edited by jardann