1/55 Scale Custom Elintseeker

Jasonc

You did a great job! B)) The paint and leg mod. really stand out. How much do you want to sell it for? Just joking, I'm in no position to buy anything until I get back to the states. I presume you used someone's E-seeker armor/head recast. Perhaps made by Rob or Mike? It's great to see a 1/55 custom, definitely nostalgic as well.

Here's the details: The armor parts were done by NighmareB4Macross. And they are a real solid and high quality recast. the decals are by Anasazi here as well, as I always use his sheets. The paint for the Valkyrie is simply the Tamiya Grey fine primer. that's all. The nose orange is Tamiya orange. the leg armor is a testor's hull blue or something like that. the fastpacks were dark ivory, also testors, and the radome is from a model master grey primer, slightly darker than the Tamiya primer.

I used a Bandai reissue VF-1J Hikaru for the custom. I didn't want to use the round nose. Even as a kid, I could never stand the stubby nose. the pilots are two pilots from the 1/72 Hasegawa weapons set. they aren't detailed too much, but they make a decent addition to the custom.

More pics will be coming today, when I can get back to my computer and add the pics.

Last one with the A-stance.post-582-1154376819_thumb.gif

As far as sanding the armor. It does come out very clean. However, this isn't the standard resin that most recasers use. From what I understand, once it cures, it cures very hard and solid, but expands. therefor, sanding is necessary to get things to fit into slots and the sort, but not too much sanding because of excess junk. These are probably the nicest recast I've ever worked with.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm glad you like it. so far, it's in a temporary "done" state. I have a few other mods I plan to do with it, and from there, I'll post more pics of the mods as they come along. Right now, I'm modding the hands with the Gundam posable hands. Next, I will be doing the posable feet. So, this will be a stretch from what I'm used to doing, but it will be a better piece than now, Hopefully. :D

very nice. As soon as I forget about chunky monkeys, somebody has to do something to get me motivated again. Now Im going to be up all night trying to figure out how to mod my 1/55.  :lol:

421999[/snapback]

That's part of the plan. Many of us here still do the chunky customs, but it's been silent for awhile now. Start on those customs and show them off. I love them.

Aww come on, one gervalk pose?.

I will do one of these once I get the feet rotating. However, I will take a pic without the armor on in GERWALK, as the weight of the armor is a bit heavy for it. I'll get it here by tonight. :D

Where did you get your Gundam posable hands from? Thats one part I want to do for mine.

422238[/snapback]

The gundam hands were recasted by NightmareB4Macross. From what I understand on these, they are from the Zabe kit (probably didn't spell that right). They are posable and are on a ball joint. You just have to find a joint to put it in after you cut off the hands on the valk, and you have a perfectly new hand. I will also create the retracted hand shield when it's done, but gotta keep the slides because of the armor pieces. :D

Where did you get your Gundam posable hands from? Thats one part I want to do for mine.

422238[/snapback]

The gundam hands were recasted by NightmareB4Macross. From what I understand on these, they are from the Zabe kit (probably didn't spell that right). They are posable and are on a ball joint. You just have to find a joint to put it in after you cut off the hands on the valk, and you have a perfectly new hand. I will also create the retracted hand shield when it's done, but gotta keep the slides because of the armor pieces. :D

422284[/snapback]

The hands are from the Bandai Sazabi Kit. They are re-casted with all the individual parts, 11 peices per hand. ;)

Great job on that Elint!!!!

422238[/snapback]

422284[/snapback]

The hands are from the Bandai Sazabi Kit. They are re-casted with all the individual parts, 11 peices per hand. ;)

422456[/snapback]

Are you still making them or should I just go out and parts rape some gundam kits.

HLJ have gundam hands like those but as far as I can remeber they are all fixed ones

Molds are still nice and fresh. Cleaning is required on these. I decided to leave the flash as it helps to keep an account on all the parts required for both hands. Believe me, it's much better this way. While setting the molds I almost lost several of the tiny original parts twice. :o

Luckily, I keep a clean workshop. :rolleyes: So the parts were found. :lol:

Just PM me if you'd like some.

B))

422238[/snapback]

422284[/snapback]

422456[/snapback]

Are you still making them or should I just go out and parts rape some gundam kits.

HLJ have gundam hands like those but as far as I can remeber they are all fixed ones

422562[/snapback]