Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Dammit don't scare me like that! :lol::lol::lol:

It's BS, but well done BS. Funny stuff. Where's it from?

Damnit, don't give sunrise any idea's. Though I'm surprised there wasn't a Gundam Gestalt in G.

Actually.....

Lest we forget the Grand Master Gundam. Not quite a gestalt, but it did incorporate parts from all 4 of those suits.

I've been wondering, given what the initial 5 are like, what is the mid-series replacement going to look like?

We've got a Strike Mk II thing going for the Impulse, maybe some type of funnel equipped MS for the mid-series upgrade?

I can forsee huge ugly mobile armors making their way in as well, I hope not, but can easily see it happening sooner or later.

New update from Gunota Headlines.

Like GUNDAM being an acronym in Seed, ZAKU will also be one. Blue Cosmos appears to be the big problem this time if the new leader is being showcased already.

The Mirage Colloid and Neutron Jammer Cancellers are now banned equipment under the treaty, but everyone knows both will be used anyway at some point.

By saying not necessarily having Kira, Lacus, and Milliaria in the show despite the opening, I'm taking that to mean not yet. That may be for stuff later they don't want to get into just yet before the show even starts. Also considering Lacus's fan base I doubt they would leave her out of the show.

Apparently Shin will sulk less than Athrun, which is definately a plus.

DESTINY info from this month's anime mags

According to reports on Animage posted on 2ch's ongoing SEED DESTINY netabare threads, the first episode will be titled "Okoreru Hitomi" ("Angry Eyes" or "Eyes That Get Angry"). Other staff credits...

Production: Satoshi Toba

Storyboards: Mitsuo Fukuda

Character animation director: Hisashi Hirai

Mecha animation director: Yousuke Kabashima

The Junius Treaty was signed in the first half of C.E. 72 at the place where Junius Seven once stood onboard an Earth Alliance battleship. There, ZAFT built a monument to the treaty. The details of the treaty itself state that both sides were to ban the use of Neutron Jammer Cancellers and the Mirage Colloid. Both sides also agreed to set a quota restraint on the size of their MS forces. Despite that, the two continued to research and develop new weapons due to the lingering bitterness between them. Because of the MS force limit, an emphasis on quality rather than quantity came about, leading to more advanced MS.

And this month's Newtype had the following descriptions of Destiny characters:

Neo Roanoke - An Earth Alliance captain. He commands the special forces group that Stellar's team belongs to. He's deeply trusted by subordinates.

Lord Jibril - Blue Cosmos' new leader. Through his power, the organization has made a comeback in might. He plans the extermination of Coordinators. Seiyuu: Hideyuki Hori (George Glen from Gundam SEED, Scwartz + Kyoji from G Gundam)

Notable info from the Q&A portion:

- What happened to Kira?

Kira, Lacus, and Miriallia appear in the OP, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will appear in the series. (Similar to Amuro and Char appearing in the ZZ OP).

- Dearka and Yzak?

No comment.

- Characteristics of Luna and Shin?

The relationship between Luna and Shin is more like mother-in-law and son than sister and brother. For instance, Luna always gets on about Shin's dress code. Although Shin has a dark past, he doesn't get down on himself like Athrun.

- About Rey Za Barrel?

He's a leader and roommate of Shin's. Cool and meticulous as well.

Lastly, DESTINY, GUNDAM, and ZAKU are all acronyms for this series.   ¶ 4:45 AM

post-26-1094575060_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Is it me or is that Mwu's chin?

post-26-1094575182.jpg

Didn't know the Savior could do this.

post-26-1094576503_thumb.jpg

I saw the first attack video and must say that the Gaia gundam is actually cool looking. but it looks like gundam going transformers?

Imagine: "Gundam Transmetal" Kia screaming, STRIKE MAXIMIZE!!!" and the pilot of Gaia "GAIA BEAST MODE!!" that would be sooo lame :lol:

sorry for my bad english

Edited by sJorrit

Then again we've already had a whole lot of wacky designs, particularly in G Gundam. Remember the Nether Gundam a.k.a Windmill Gundam? Matador a.k.a Bull Gundam? Mermaid Gundam -> Fish. And so on and so forth. I'd certainly like to see Kunio throw out more junk like that found in G Gundam for SEED-D. Of course, that wouldn't happen, if it did, it wouldn't sell since they'd look awful.

Hmmm...

I am SO going with evil Mwu clone on this one. Since La Kluze was an evil Mwu's father clone, it would stand to reason dad made a copy of his boy too.

Edited by Anubis

I am SO going with evil Mwu clone on this one. Since La Kluze was an evil Mwu's father clone, it would stand to reason dad made a copy of his boy too.

I won't say evil clone yet, but I will say, our masked man most likely has a big connection to Mu/LeCrueset. What that connection may be....we'll see. Although....it could be LeCrueset back from the grave (do a frame-by-frame, Kira actually missed his mark with that beam saber).....

Kluze lost his helmet though, and with the exposed vacuum, he wouldn't have been able to get out before the genesis fired.

But who knows? Anything could happen. More reason to watch destiny to find out what the deal is. There's still enough loose plot threads left from Seed to tie this into.

Actually, come to think of it, I've seen that chin before!

FAFNER++++img001.jpg

Not to be smartassy, but this Hisashi Hirai guy tends to draw almost all of his characters with one chin... a long narrow pointy one... he's as amazingly unoriginal with character designs as Okawara is with Gundam mecha design. I could find at least 5 different characters from 4 different animes that he designed for that look like Mwu. So it's possible that this guy isn't even remotely related to Mwu but rather a victim of lazy design.

Edited by Rotary Magic

Point could have been made without tossing scryed pics in. We all know the designer's tendencies and discussed the similarities in other threads.

We already agreed anyway: We don't know who it is. Just speculation until we watch the show. Based on how things were done in Seed, you can make a few theories for Destiny.

0_o doubt son of mwu...this guy has got to be near his 20's.....they'd have to be twins in order to be related unless somehow we're now gonna get time traveling involved...which would be a first for Gundam.

But hey we atleast got a month to go and first episode will be up....wonder who'll fansub it? ^_^ It ain't Anime Junkies that's for sure!

He's definately not Mwu's son, Mwu was in his 20's still. If the masked men are going to "stay in the family", then it's gotta be either a twin, or more likely a clone I still think (since they already threw the cloning card on the table).

Neo sharing Mwu's VA has got to be a sign though.

I'd imagine Haro^2 would sub Seed Destiny just like they finished off Seed for us. Finding the fansubs may be trickier, but possible with the right sites. Bandai hasn't gone after subbers like ADV has recently. If not, then I'll succumb to HK this time as a hold over at least.

Well someone make sure to let me know :p cause I'd like to watch it but I'd like to understand it.

I watched one episode of Seed raw cause I had to know what happended (right after Blitz was destroyed) and I couldn't take not having subs. I can't do raws. I'll be waiting eagerly every week for the next subbed Destiny episode all over again.

Neo sharing Mwu's VA has got to be a sign though.

Not really.

Unless you also think that Ray Za Burrel and Stellar Loussier are also clones, since they share Le Crueset and Flay/Natarle's VA's.

I commented a while back about this when I first mentioned the VA list. Read the thread.

It's common to recycle VA's, there are a few actors from Seed who voice different characters now. But putting the same VA for Mwu in a new masked man, when the first masked man had a strong tie to Mwu, leads to the theories I have mentioned.

Just theories.

It's fun to speculate sometimes. Wether I'm in the ballpark or not we'll see when the show airs.

Side note (just read the closed rumor thread):

I would also be wary of the rumor mill. There's a lot of stuff that will be "leaked" that will very likely be BS. Trust the magazine articles and press releases, as well as whoever catches the raws first.

Remember, all actual the info gleaned so far is for the first episode or two. That's it. Just like the info that was around when Seed came out. The mid-season relacement mecha most likely won't be revealed until: almost mid-season. We spent a long time saying "what is that MS in the intro?"