So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

tumblr_m17pc8mhDN1qed7pgo1_500.gif

Loop - hoooooly f##k dude... O____O

SaitouSad - the arm attachments are a different sculpt, and the colour is more tv accurate and it's rare as hell, even more for that price......

I'm aware of the colour difference. But I guess I'll get it anyway. Works up to about $140 with shipping via ems.. wallet's gonna cry with this and the VF-11B coming in, that and my orders for this month as well - YF-29 30th Anniversary colour and a crap ton of stuff.

Seriously? The VF-1J + Super Parts bundle is only $105?

Difference: borrowed from Jenius' site on the 1/48 counterparts... But the differences are the same: different color, no beam cannons, different arm piece:

DYRL-vs-TV-Parts-1.jpg

What's so special about it? Pardon my ignorance. It's going for $105 (before shipping)

I just made giant panic purchase, I got wife approval of coarse lol.

Here is the list:

1/60 VF-1A SVF-26 Cavaliers (bought that last night)

1/60 VF-1A Movie with Optional Parts 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt w/ Super Parts

1/60 VF-19 Custom Fire Basara Nekki

1/60 VF-19S Emerald Force

1/60 VF-19F Emerald Force 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-19P Planet Zola Patrol Color

1/60 VF-17S Diamond Force

1/60 Super Pack for VF-17

1/60 VF-17D with Super Pack 30th Anniversary

Cant wait to see what kinda box this comes in.....

Pics of the giant box it comes in when it arrives, please!

Seriously? The VF-1J + Super Parts bundle is only $105?

Difference: borrowed from Jenius' site on the 1/48 counterparts... But the differences are the same: different color, no beam cannons, different arm piece:

Yeap, $105 before shipping.

The colours seem to match the pic, except for that Red Fast pack.. It's blue here.

I just made giant panic purchase, I got wife approval of coarse lol.

Here is the list:

1/60 VF-1A SVF-26 Cavaliers (bought that last night)

1/60 VF-1A Movie with Optional Parts 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt w/ Super Parts

1/60 VF-19 Custom Fire Basara Nekki

1/60 VF-19S Emerald Force

1/60 VF-19F Emerald Force 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-19P Planet Zola Patrol Color

1/60 VF-17S Diamond Force

1/60 Super Pack for VF-17

1/60 VF-17D with Super Pack 30th Anniversary

Cant wait to see what kinda box this comes in.....

Holy crap dude, that's gonna be big enough to ship yourself in. :lol:

Pics of the giant box it comes in when it arrives, please!

No doubt, I think this is the one of the single biggest valk purchases I ever made.

Where are everyone buying their valks from? I'm hitting up my usual spots (HLJ, HK, AE, NY) but there are slim pickings - I'm seeing some rare stuff ppl are getting...

Which variants are you referring to?

Holy crap dude, that's gonna be big enough to ship yourself in. :lol:

Yeah I really want to see this box. Or maybe even boxes?

Where is the Super VF-1J @ 105 bucks??

Where are you ordering this from?

OverDrive has it.

It's a very old listing, but that's where I got my Quad Rau (Max and Millia) too.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/shop/macross-160-vf1j-ichijo-hikaru-ver-with-superstrike-parts-p-17.html

For anyone interested, they also have the Max and Millia VF-22S for $119 each. I'll pass on these as I'm not a big fan of the VF-21/22 designs.

The Red FAST pack is from Millia's VF-1J. Don't mind that. :)

Oh, haha, okay. Ordered it, hope it turns out fine

Edited by SaitouSad

Oh, uh, I don't think that site is actually working anymore. Overdrive has been completely dead for years now. Yeah, that news post about the clearance sale is dated from 2010.

On the other hand, Angolz has the Gamlin VF-22 for $98 ^_^ Tempting, but I don't need more VF-22s.

Edited by Chronocidal

Oh, uh, I don't think that site is actually working anymore. Overdrive has been completely dead for years now. Yeah, that news post about the clearance sale is dated from 2010.

On the other hand, Angolz has the Gamlin VF-22 for $98 ^_^ Tempting, but I don't need more VF-22s.

STAY AWAY FROM OVERDRIVE!

You have been warned. They are super shady now. At one time they were good, but somehow they fell off hard. They do not communicate at all when e-mailed, and someone here got ripped off in the black list thread.

Ahh crap. I wasn't aware.

Funny thing was, I ordered 2 Queadluun-Rau (Millia and Max Color Ver) for $50 each just in December. And the items came and seemed fine.

When you guys say they are super shady, what actually happened?

Ahh crap. I wasn't aware.

Funny thing was, I ordered 2 Queadluun-Rau (Millia and Max Color Ver) for $50 each just in December. And the items came and seemed fine.

When you guys say they are super shady, what actually happened?

Weird, I have heard they ripped off a user in the blacklist thread. I also tried to communicate with them several times and they never replied back... I guess maybe it's not a zombie site, just eating dollars away and not shipping items.

Wait, seriously? That's rather amazing. Their site has seemed incredibly dead and unresponsive to anyone for the longest time.

Weird, I have heard they ripped off a user in the blacklist thread. I also tried to communicate with them several times and they never replied back... I guess maybe it's not a zombie site, just eating dollars away and not shipping items.

Dug up that thread about the ripoff. From the looks of it, I'm guessing they're just not focused on communicating to customers. With the 2 Quads I ordered, I took the risk as it was Paypal and I could always dispute that. They actually went through with it, and it disappeared off the website after my order was processed and confirmed. I guess they're just clearing old stock. I'll update you guys again about my VF-1J with Super if it goes South (I'll give them 2-4 weeks before I file for dispute), since they do ship it via EMS, it should arrive in my country in a week.

Edit: Forgot to note, despite them offering freebies for purchases, I'm sure that offer has since lapsed years ago, so obviously I never got any freebies. Was glad to get my stock nonetheless.

Edited by SaitouSad

Dug up that thread about the ripoff. From the looks of it, I'm guessing they're just not focused on communicating to customers. With the 2 Quads I ordered, I took the risk as it was Paypal and I could always dispute that. They actually went through with it, and it disappeared off the website after my order was processed and confirmed. I guess they're just clearing old stock. I'll update you guys again about my VF-1J with Super if it goes South (I'll give them 2-4 weeks before I file for dispute), since they do ship it via EMS, it should arrive in my country in a week.

Edit: Forgot to note, despite them offering freebies for purchases, I'm sure that offer has since lapsed years ago, so obviously I never got any freebies. Was glad to get my stock nonetheless.

Hope you end up getting it. and please let the board know if they come through. I'm sure people here would like that Super VF-1J

That's the YF-21, and Angolz has those still, last I checked (a few minutes ago).

I'm still really on the fence about bothering with a YF-19 anymore, but I feel like I should get one in good shape to save, even though I think the shape of it stinks. The newer VF-19 mold is such a quantum leap above it, it's almost painful to think about displaying them together.

I know people love it, but shape aside, it's from the VF-0 generation, and has some of the same issues with cruddy plastic.

Because you guys can't hear yourselves with all the other voices...

• Gotta pull the trigger!
  • Why, why do I need another one?
  • Because this is it! This is my last chance!
  • What are you talking about, hrmmm... there is another!
  • Leiah!
  • No! Going broke!
  • Gotta go for broke!
  • DO IT! DO IT! DO IT NOW!
Lol that's exact my thoughts

My list of buys for my buying spree although not as extensive as Loops :p but wife approved

VF-19 p

VF-19 f

VF-17 s

VF-17 d with super pack

1/60 v2 VF-1a TV cannon fodder

1/60 v2 VF-1j millia

1/60 v2 VF-1S Focker DYRL

1/60 v2 VF-1d

Wallet is hurting but it has been fun getting waves of boxes coming in.

Hope you end up getting it. and please let the board know if they come through. I'm sure people here would like that Super VF-1J

Yes, indeed!

Good luck!

Will do!

Well, right at the moment, only things I'm really thinking of picking up is a standard YF-19, and maybe a Virgin Road VF-1D. Anyone sees good YF-19 deals (with fast packs would be great, but not necessary), I'd appreciate any tips. :)

I also missed out on the YF-19. I was mulling over it for too long and missed the boat. I really wanted to add one more Guld to my collection.

Been trying to get one myself. Took the plunge on a 2nd hand on Mandarake, but I've been having some weird problems paying them via Paypal. Payment keeps on failing, despite me having no problems with my credit card (my payment options in my Paypal account).

That's the YF-21, and Angolz has those still, last I checked (a few minutes ago).

I'm still really on the fence about bothering with a YF-19 anymore, but I feel like I should get one in good shape to save, even though I think the shape of it stinks. The newer VF-19 mold is such a quantum leap above it, it's almost painful to think about displaying them together.

I know people love it, but shape aside, it's from the VF-0 generation, and has some of the same issues with cruddy plastic.

Yeah I had a total brain fart lol and mis read the post.

Holy crap, people have gone insane... YF-19's are sitting between $700 and $1000 on ebay for buy-it-now prices.

Are we seriously already getting back to the early 90s with the old Takatoku prices again? :blink:

I hope not I remember those dark times

I hope not I remember those dark times

Holy crap, people have gone insane... YF-19's are sitting between $700 and $1000 on ebay for buy-it-now prices.

Are we seriously already getting back to the early 90s with the old Takatoku prices again? :blink:

Haha... does that mean my old 1/72 YF-19 (The very 1st YF-19 toy ever made by Yamato!) is now worth even more? Man.. I still regret getting that piece of crap.. It had so many problems, and the head sculpt is just terrible.

One can never have too many 22s...never...

Oh for goodness sakes they need to stop discounting them, every time i see one that's under $100 i black out and next thing you know I have shipping notifications.

And dammit...one of these days i swear i'm going to make a VF-22 combiner with max and miria as legs.

Eh I happen to be quite content with my YF-19, she's still quite the looker. I even display em in gerwalk mode.

I LIKE THE ENERGY IN THIS THREAD.

I'm not seeing it.. says no record found... and when I search for the actual item, it shows sold out at $426... :blink:

And actually, I'd argue the YF-19's best mode is gerwalk. It hides all the things people get annoyed with in fighter and battroid. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm not seeing it.. says no record found... and when I search for the actual item, it shows sold out at $426... :blink:

And actually, I'd argue the YF-19's best mode is gerwalk. It hides all the things people get annoyed with in fighter and battroid. :lol:

That simply means someone here bought it as soon as I post it. It was there for more than a week. they only had 1.

Since I'm at it, I'm thinking about picking up a couple of VF-1 unpainted kits. Has anyone tried painting it successfully without issues?

If yes, what kind of paint did you use?

Edited by kyekye

I'm on the opposite. I love the YF-19 for the fighter and Battoroid mode. I hate the gerwalk mode, cause to me it looked quite unsightly. Might be the way the shoulder juts out.