1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I can't really see a difference here from my MK III but I'd highly recommend the figure for the sculpt.  I have it four times over between the MK II, MK III and the Stealth and Black/Gold Redone Marvel Now repaints.  It's probably their best mold just behind their their redone MK VII.

Good deal, I have the version 2/redone Mark VII but hadn't opened it yet. I'll check it out this weekend.

58 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I’ll probably do one combined order of Tony Stark and MK I.  If MK III gets listed in time then even better.

Still don't plan on getting Mark I, even as a completionist, but would jump on a combined order of Suit/Cave Tony and Mark III. So yeah, hopefully Mark III goes up on P-Bandai soon.

-b. 

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Good deal, I have the version 2/redone Mark VII but hadn't opened it yet. I'll check it out this weekend.

Still don't plan on getting Mark I, even as a completionist, but would jump on a combined order of Suit/Cave Tony and Mark III. So yeah, hopefully Mark III goes up on P-Bandai soon.

-b. 

Definitely open up that VII.  I have it twice over with the Python armor too.  That’s my favorite Bandai IM mold.

Is this MKIII supposed to be a web-exclusive though?  You might not be able to bundle it with the others.

Since they’re trying so hard to pop out these older versions what are the odds they’ll sneak an Iron Monger out there too?  I know they don’t usually do villains but they do like to do Robots/Armors.

Way back when they showed off a WWII Cap as well.  And a teenage Groot.

Speaking of armors where the hell is Endgame Iron Patriot?

Edited by Mommar

5 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That IM is impossible to get anyway.  It's a con exclusive that was only up for pre-order for four hours.

Well sh!t, wish I'd known that yesterday I would have pulled the trigger.

Oh well...

-b.

58 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It's a pretty stupid thing to do, really.

For Bandai to release this as a super-duper exclusive? Wholeheartedly agree.

If you mean for me not placing a pre-order when I had a chance, I also wholeheartedly agree. :lol:

-b.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I had Tony Stark, MK 1, and MK 3 in my cart at NY yesterday and was going to return to it later but since MK 3 is sold out I’ll just skip the others as well.

Extremely relatable.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap, YES, FINALLY! Bandai is releasing a Special Color Version Biollante! I have been absolutely dying to get my hands on this thing for years now, aftermarket prices got insane, $600+ minimum, it's the only Monsterarts mold I'm missing from my collection. I'm so, so glad she's happening, myself and many others missed out long ago when she first released.

gq8wut-6_5fCVvPEzsvLR7-oLFZrvxGCACnB-67H_.jpg.87a30510a8037c2d2fa22025f77c4122.jpg

gq8wut-4_CQagrL9rofD-HV5PWO1345_not_Kyz6X.jpg.0f68e478eb7322902e5e3db65e1e3b97.jpg

gq8wut-5_8LSG4O1j8KL6t6xsFq8FKZMotGTAeNKY.jpg.708b495ec85e150be07ff02f0948a060.jpg

Also, Bandai seems to be saying frakk you directly to Demoniacal Fit, full Ginyu Force incoming. Guldo isn't articulated so I may go DF for him at least, they look great, I'm in for the whole team! Plus Bardock looks good.

DSC_9020_7CpPYHZmhDrsH7jlmZETG0JTTSZSx2D_s8asuaElPLINKsuKhA65cbeU5Tf5J2rr.jpg.f6728e3e9e62b6c5c3d93d072fe5ae50.jpg

DSC_9048_mTlZ5vMOl2ZvvuRG0BRglYasJrGQZAe_W7OKzY6LAPrhizvDWjWe5dcilB0VDLBm.jpg.73046d257d73e135e44c6f79eb8d8f53.jpg

DSC_9030_7bJPj2MKMRKxVsHHY8M0715rbzha1hl_7R9R1Fbe0-HPv_pLj0SOn6VxT198TDLE.jpg.e1bd98843d1d7ee500c876957fa7a52e.jpg

DSC_9054_A0Tw6EMbYIEhvmiJR7p0OnLiTYHwqrq_Dkt2gu_w64rZZ6xi61ZouGF1j3_zvE1C.jpg.8348903832db4954628afef74645de6a.jpg

And who would've thought, a third MK85 figure!? I'm so glad I bought the NOTAstudio head and hand for my first release MK85, these official heads don't look as good. Plus apparently a Final Battle Thanos V2? 

e5311bbb978bd9cd951cf9aaa565ff86_uwmtDd28gr8yJR1jspkd5YVsXJst9Dz-.jpg.014208dc53d02d4914ac2670ed8154e7.jpg

470d9553cc234d7fc10410178c332547_Uip_802qGDy7nGpz0Khy87NdVOiEm6Mb.jpg.5e3d92a64a7bfbdf045a1320aedaa4ea.jpg

Lastly some more Mando Figuarts, remnant troopers and scouts, I'm in for multiples of each as usual.

Eb-uXH-UwAE3TmR.jpg.24320ac17c0050d736da1ff3604baa97.jpg

Eb-0xHZUYAE5eUm.jpg.e11ff05eed7b9175847ee1704d7e7234.jpg

Bandai really knows how to put a person off, huh?  We knew another Thanos was coming too and that's clearly him wearing in the Techno Gauntlet in the tube there but I can't tell what the other giant thing is.  It seems to share his colors.  Maybe it's a battle damaged Thanos with a properly shaped weapon and effects parts like he's spinning the blade or something else not nearly as interesting as an Iron Patriot Mk 2.

Those Storm Troopers are guaranteed to be excellent.  I only have two of their ANH figures and I wish I had more.

It's cool looking but how is that Biollante as a figure?  It's really more like a statue.

Edited by Mommar

51 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Bandai really knows how to put a person off, huh?  We knew another Thanos was coming too and that's clearly him wearing in the Techno Gauntlet in the tube there but I can't tell what the other giant thing is.  It seems to share his colors.  Maybe it's a battle damaged Thanos with a properly shaped weapon and effects parts like he's spinning the blade or something else not nearly as interesting as an Iron Patriot Mk 2.

Those Storm Troopers are guaranteed to be excellent.  I only have two of their ANH figures and I wish I had more.

It's cool looking but how is that Biollante as a figure?  It's really more like a statue. 

Two new Thanos seems excessive, one was a given, not sure about the other either, maybe it's Black Dwarf? Also, if Iron Spider MK2 comes with a gauntlet that fits the current Endgame Thanos, all this new one could do is have some effects and battle damaged paint, pass.

I've got 12 Figuarts Stormtroopers, from the original ROTJ ones, to the Rogue One, and several of the newest ANH ones too, these remnant troopers look great and I'll be buying at least four, two scouts for sure too. I might need a few more death troopers too.

Biollante is a grail figure for me, this one is about as articulated as she can get. The whole upper torso and head are segmented and have quite a bit of range, the vines are fully articulated as are the main stump sections attached to her body. Not far off what the actual suit was capable of, in the film she didn't do much outside slide around, bite, and flail vines around, the mouth opens up quite a bit too, she tried to swallow Godzilla in the film.

UMJeNntI_o.jpg.f10c32aa49a2914d23a7a99bab4d364c.jpg

aX7Lghun_o.jpg.291b99f00cc1b6dfd8034f61c4a54a4a.jpg

alWDVeGr_o.jpg.bfe05d3b1ccefb308d9a891aaef9f186.jpg

Edited by Tking22

So I was right, that was just Thanos standing with the Tech Gauntlet and in his sitting position.  Nothing special here, a re-release of Scarlet Witch (a good figure) a new Doctor Strange with a wired cape (about time) and a re-release of Fat Thor with effects parts.  And then a Re-re-release of MK 85 because Bandai are pricks.

No Iron Patriot Mark 2 though.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Add up all those Mark 85s and you'll almost have enough to buy the Hot Toys version. :p

I'm going to argue for the multiple versions of the 85 now. 

Unlike the Mk 50 which they milked the hell out of for exactly zero reasons just to put out a few more accessories at full price the Mk 85 has three distinct looks in the film. 

The majority of the film it's pristine looking.  And you have that version.  After the Avengers HQ gets blasted and he's crawled from the rubble and during a large part of the final battle the suit is grimy/dirty and you have that one too.  The third one is the one here, it's trashed and missing pieces and Tony is bloodied up.

That's about the best argument I can make.  And it's based off of a lot of people praising the Mafex versions for coming with all of the accessories, which is cool.  But the one thing I noticed immediately about both IM and Cap is that both of the figures looks pristine and clean but they both come with a lot of accessories they only had/used after the HQ had fallen on them.  So while it's cool they have all of their accessories like the lightning/charge backpack thing and the broken shield/Mjolnir neither of them look correct for the scene that stuff is from because they aren't dirty and bruised

Hot Toys has the benefit of swappable parts to make the armor look ripped up BUT all the paint still looks pristine (and incredible.)  It's also $425 so still way more expensive than three SHF's.

14 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm going to argue for the multiple versions of the 85 now. 

Unlike the Mk 50 which they milked the hell out of for exactly zero reasons just to put out a few more accessories at full price the Mk 85 has three distinct looks in the film. 

The majority of the film it's pristine looking.  And you have that version.  After the Avengers HQ gets blasted and he's crawled from the rubble and during a large part of the final battle the suit is grimy/dirty and you have that one too.  The third one is the one here, it's trashed and missing pieces and Tony is bloodied up.

That's about the best argument I can make.  And it's based off of a lot of people praising the Mafex versions for coming with all of the accessories, which is cool.  But the one thing I noticed immediately about both IM and Cap is that both of the figures looks pristine and clean but they both come with a lot of accessories they only had/used after the HQ had fallen on them.  So while it's cool they have all of their accessories like the lightning/charge backpack thing and the broken shield/Mjolnir neither of them look correct for the scene that stuff is from because they aren't dirty and bruised

Hot Toys has the benefit of swappable parts to make the armor look ripped up BUT all the paint still looks pristine (and incredible.)  It's also $425 so still way more expensive than three SHF's.

I don't need to get an entirely new figure every time Tony scratches his armor. :p

And Bandai charges damn near $100 for each of these extra bites at the apple. So while it is cheaper than a Hot Toys, you're still spending around $250 if you buy all three versions. And since it's Bandai you still have to deal with their PO BS.

If I'm dropping hundreds of dollars, might as well get the much higher quality Hot Toys than multiples of the janky-looking and floppy SHF 85. I got the NOTA accessories so that's good enough for me.

I just went ahead and bought the battle damaged 85, since you barely see it in its new condition in the movie.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-lxxxv-battle-damaged-version-hot-toys-904923

Edited by Lolicon

I'm passing on all the Marvel stuff. I'm fine with my Endgame Thanos, I got the NOTA Strange cape and face, NOTA Tony face and gauntlet, Wanda just seems to have painted eyes so my original is fine, same with Thorbowski.

I also saw this posted, Nick Fury and Gamora confirmed as well. Both of these will be pickups, I can get rid of my stand-in Legends Gamora. Just need Bandai to announce that Figuarts Teen Groot.

EcFGKNMU0AAj5jG.jpg.68efc02085d8c11c32d23dad4538972e.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Are they confirmed or just shown again?  Bandai likes to show things.

85 and Scarlett Witch are live and available for pre-order on P-Bandai right now.

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2533329001001

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2543182001001

-b.

59 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I should have been more specific. “Nick Fury and Gamora”

Gotcha.

And agreed. It would be nice if they get released, they're both pretty noticeable absences in the lineup.

-b.

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Gotcha.

And agreed. It would be nice if they get released, they're both pretty noticeable absences in the lineup.

-b.

At one point they had shown Drax and Teen-Groot too.  Would be nice to get the whole crew.  I can fake in some Legends figures but outside of Mantis the rest look a tad too big.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

At one point they had shown Drax and Teen-Groot too.  Would be nice to get the whole crew.  I can fake in some Legends figures but outside of Mantis the rest look a tad too big.

Too bad Bandai are masters at NOT finishing lineups. You'll get the same figures re-released with a tweak, new paint or accessories from here until infinity. But release an entire set or team, good f'ing luck.

So far my "action figure" collecting is limited to a handful of lines;

• S.H. Figuarts
  • GI Joe Classified
  • MAFEX (just Spider Man, Zelda, Metroid and One Punch Man),
  • Hot Toys with Iron Man 85 Regular, Battle Damaged, and Thanos
  • and the soon to be released1000 Toys Re:Edit Master Chief figure

For whatever reason the Hasbro Black and Marvel Legends lines don't do anything for me. 

-b.

Agreed, I would much rather see figures of the rest of the Avengers and company instead of a THIRD goddamn Mk 85 or Thanos or any other multi-dips that Bandai loves doing.

And they clearly put their D team in charge of some of them, like that awful looking Hulk. It looks terrible and they couldn't bother giving him glasses or a nano gauntlet accessory? Or an interchangeable messed up right arm would have been pretty cool.

Maybe they were saving those for the second and third releases of Hulk. :p

22 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Agreed, I would much rather see figures of the rest of the Avengers and company instead of a THIRD goddamn Mk 85 or Thanos or any other multi-dips that Bandai loves doing.

And they clearly put their D team in charge of some of them, like that awful looking Hulk. It looks terrible and they couldn't bother giving him glasses or a nano gauntlet accessory? Or an interchangeable messed up right arm would have been pretty cool.

Maybe they were saving those for the second and third releases of Hulk. :p

The Gauntlet from the fixed Iron Spider fits on The Hulk.