On 12/1/2020 at 10:44 AM, Mommar said:

Oh sweet, they’re all general releases too so we should be able to find them anywhere.

Hey Mommar. Were you able to place orders for the Avengers last night (Dec 2 JST)? I just saw now that preorders at Amiami is already closed. HLJ on the other hand is still open.

2 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Ended up ordering the Avengers set/bundle from AmiAmi, a Hulk and a stand-alone Iron Man. Then another Iron Man from Hobby Search for good measure.

-b.

Hey B! You should place an order at HLJ for backup measure. ;)

ugh...exchange rates sucks right now.  HLJ is asking the same for the Ironman MK-VII that I paid for the Ironman MK-VII with the hall of armour.  Finally completed that thing, unfortunately, it will most likely be displayed on top of my display cabinet, due to the size.

Back to the Avengers set. it is interesting, but at over $400 CDN before shipping, it will be a hard pass.

HLJ pricing is only slightly better then BBTS. Honestly, if I wanted any of these, which I don't, I'd just order at BBTS. Being in the US and not having to international ship them will probably balance out with HLJs price. Iron Man is an easy pass, Thor, Hulk and Cap look great, but I've already got soooooo many Marvel Figuarts, including the full Age of Ultron Avengers, which absolutely don't look as good as these, but I really don't need another Figuarts Avengers team. 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Mommar. Were you able to place orders for the Avengers last night (Dec 2 JST)? I just saw now that preorders at Amiami is already closed. HLJ on the other hand is still open.

I'm banned from AmiAmi so that was never an option.  I just pre-ordered from BBTS.  International shipping is so ludicrously expensive it was cheaper than the other places I looked.  I'll just have to be patient and wait an extra month.

11 minutes ago, Negotiator said:

nice, been in search for the hulk to end all hulks and hope this is the one.

I mean, this looks like it's based on the Infinity War Hulk which is the best Hulk figure yet so it should at least be on par.

Where's Iron Patriot now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I already posted this in the Kong V Godzilla thread, but hot damn I'm excited to see these! Bandai wasted no time after that trailer dropped to get these promo shots out! They both look fantastic, I'm excited to get my hands on them, especially Kong. 

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Mommar said:

I think a few of you around here were Monster Hunter fans, right?

Sure am, I'm waiting on BBTS to put up the shock doggy, their prices on the Monsterarts stuff has been solid, even accounting for the tax they now charge. With Rathalos out we can get an easy Rathian, and from Zinogre an easy Stygian Zinogre repaint.

Coincidentally I just got this guy in, $106 shipped isn't bad at all.

IMG_20210227_120128334.thumb.jpg.d7b70a3a0691ec6188b18971d0646bab.jpg

IMG_20210227_120157282.thumb.jpg.9fc0b9f03bb0a001a33e8894536ccbbb.jpg

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Sure am, I'm waiting on BBTS to put up the shock doggy, their prices on the Monsterarts stuff has been solid, even accounting for the tax they now charge. With Rathalos out we can get an easy Rathian, and from Zinogre an easy Stygian Zinogre repaint.

Coincidentally I just got this guy in, $106 shipped isn't bad at all.

IMG_20210227_120128334.thumb.jpg.d7b70a3a0691ec6188b18971d0646bab.jpg

IMG_20210227_120157282.thumb.jpg.9fc0b9f03bb0a001a33e8894536ccbbb.jpg

I'm not a Monster Hunter fan nor do I have the space/money but those are very cool designs.  I'd love to see more pics of it posed up.

On 2/27/2021 at 2:03 PM, Mommar said:

I'm not a Monster Hunter fan nor do I have the space/money but those are very cool designs.  I'd love to see more pics of it posed up.

I'll snap a few pics when I can, I actually don't have room for Rathalos in my display, and now Special Color Biollante is on the way so I need to rework some space before I crack into either figure.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

those SHF street fighter figures are underappreciated.  that chunli REALLY can pull off all those poses and look like the animation frames when doing it.  IMO SHF>>storm when it comes to SF figs.  too bad bandai will never give you the cast storm can.

I totally agree on all counts.  The SHF R.Mika figure is tops in my book.

Storm has yet to nail a good femme figure. But that may change with their Mai from KoF.

20 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Terrible faces.

Woof, yeah, those are bad. The Infinity War figures have better faces, what the hell happened here? Also, no WandaVision? I want a Scarlet Witch Figuart, and that show was a perfect time to finally give us Figuarts Vision, with an easy White Vision repaint.

21 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Woof, yeah, those are bad. The Infinity War figures have better faces, what the hell happened here? Also, no WandaVision? I want a Scarlet Witch Figuart, and that show was a perfect time to finally give us Figuarts Vision, with an easy White Vision repaint.

The Sam Wilson face seems messed up in the eyes.  The head sculpt with the goggles on he looks spot on perfect.  There's something about the shape/spacing of his eyes and the sockets that doesn't work here.  Also the heads look oversized.

Face sculpts on Falcon and Bucky are odd for sure, but I preordered both nonetheless. I also finally cracked open Infinity War Falcon and it's really nice figure, I'm glad I finally opened it up.

I'm both very equally surprised and disappointed to not see Vision figures, Wanda I can see since she had both an Infinity War and Endgame release.

-b.