Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

Gwynne, wmkjr - thanks for listening! We don't always get that much feedback and its nice to know that people are listening, given how much time goes into doing these things :-)

I currently have another 2 casts in the can to edit, one due to be recorded this week, and several more mapped out between now and May, so theres plenty more Macross talk yet to come! :-D

Also, for anyone who was wondering, I'm going back to splitting casts in two where necessary. I had been dropping compression quality in order to fit within the file size limit, but this was making song samples sound terribly tinny and unnatural. For a show which has as much amazing music as Macross, I decided that this simply wasn't the way I wanted the listeners experience to be and therefore have gone with better quality compression, split between multiple parts.

I will try to keep each 'episode' to no more than two parts at the max. Either way, it means a it more editing for me, but I hope people notice the difference :-)

Gwynne, wmkjr - thanks for listening! We don't always get that much feedback and its nice to know that people are listening, given how much time goes into doing these things :-)

Hearing you guys blab about Macross, along with the Arcadia YF-19, helped reignite my infatuation with the series. I had not watched my Macross dvd's for years.

Edited by Gwynne

Thanks for the 21 guys. Interesting to hear how some of you grew into Macross. I can sympathize with the Macross confusion that ScreamMan had. The continuity baffled me and I just didn't understand how Plus an 2 fitted with the original. Fortunately for me I found out the 7 existed when internet was rather more developed so I wasn't saying "Where 4, 5 and 6?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was very amused and also horrified about the prospect of gold plastic syndrome creeping up again. I'm still fairly convinced that the problems with the VF-171 were a variation of that (or at least poorly mixed ABS)

I'm a little terrified of that Orguss now, given that for some of the worst offenders (and Black Zarack is on this list) you don't even need to open the box for them to disintegrate, many people have bought brand new in box things only to find their very expensive collectable transformers have disintegrated simply due to *time*. If Orguss used that as part of the transformation mechanism??? Shudder

Still, best podcast yet (for very biased reasons). You had me from the start with the terrible Macross II dub. I'm always glad to hear that there's at least one person out there who loves MII as much as I do.

Great work on the podcast guys! I really enjoyed it, however, there are a few points I have to defend the use of landing gear, so aircraft nerd mode incoming!

1: Fighter mode makes it a lot easier to park aircraft in confined hangar bays that have low ceilings
2: Landing gear makes it easier to move aircraft on the ground around when parking, bringing in for maintenance, preparing for launch, etc.
3: pylon stations/hardpoints are easier to access one meter off the ground than 5. Crews would be able to rearm Valkyries much faster in fighter mode than if it were in GERWALK
4: There's less chance for the pilot or maintenance works to fall and die when working around a fighter than a battroid or GERWALK.

5: Take off and landing sequences are ballin'

This is partly why I don't mind the idea of the VF-2SS or ANY valkyrie having landing gear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ep 25 is finally here!

Yoshiuki Takani!

Mylene Party!

The Nyan Nyan Cafe!

Renato taking singing lessons!

...whew....^^;

http://www.macrossworld.com/speakerpodcast-ep-25-talkin-takani/#more-7656

I'm listening right now! It's great. Although, you did pass up a good opportunity to abuse "25"

That's probably because we never know what number these are going to be.... Some get edited and completed before others which were recorded earlier... :)

That's true, I hadn't thought of that.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just ordered from Amazon possibly the rarest and most obscure bit of Macross history, which should resolve a long-standing question from the original series. It's something the original staff used in the creation of the show!

I'm excited! Are you?

Edited by Gubaba

So I just ordered from Amazon possibly the rarest and most obscure bit of Macross history, which should resolve a long-standing question from the original series. It's something the original staff used in the creation of the show!

I'm excited! Are you?

I don't know who are writing this for, but count me very intrigued. Please do share.

Great podcast! Its was like I was hanging out at a Macross bar!

I now feel like this could, and should be done, if it has not been so already... I also feel that this could probably be one of the few things a foreigner could do in Japan...

Well at the Fire BomBAR has it's regulars which are also the owners' friends so that's something he's doing for himself. He does hold special events and gaming nights from time to time, the last one wasn't even Macross related I believe. It was Monster Hunter gaming night.

I think it's always just been Monster Hunter. It would be more on theme if he could somehow do Macross Triangle Frontier, but I assume few people who visit the FireBomBAR do not have that game and/or regularly play it, whereas Monster Hunter is far more mainstream.

Edited by Renato

• Shawn unpinned this topic