Limited edition 1/48 weathered 1J and TV Kaki

carlodibi

lol you can never have enough 1/48's

Hey, I'll be the first to admit I'm a 1/48 fiend, but these damn exclusives are driving me crazy! Heck it's hard enough as it is trying to keep up with the current 1/60's I want. I'm finally coming to grips with letting some Valks go to finance new ones, but damn it sure is hard to let go of my beloved 1/48's just to see another exclusive released. Break the mold already Yamato!!! Sheesh!!! :wacko:

Hey, I'll be the first to admit I'm a 1/48 fiend, but these damn exclusives are driving me crazy! Heck it's hard enough as it is trying to keep up with the current 1/60's I want. I'm finally coming to grips with letting some Valks go to finance new ones, but damn it sure is hard to let go of my beloved 1/48's just to see another exclusive released. Break the mold already Yamato!!! Sheesh!!! :wacko:

stick to one, I've made my choice in 1/60 for the whole line.

September for Kakizaki, no idea on the weather Hikaru 1J. I'm guessing it will be the one to follow Kakizaki so that release wouldn't be until like next April.

oh okay great! i think the weathered 1j is going to be released the same time as tv kaki like the way the weathered dyrl 1S was with TV max

In case you don't know... The weathered 1J is of 1/60 scale.

Ignore me if you do. ^_^

Actually.... there are pictures of both a 1/48 and 1/60 Hikaru 1J with weathering. The 1/48 is part of the Chronicles releases and was pictured with the Kakizaki and Max 1As.

Actually.... there are pictures of both a 1/48 and 1/60 Hikaru 1J with weathering. The 1/48 is part of the Chronicles releases and was pictured with the Kakizaki and Max 1As.

Really...? Just checked http://books.shopro.co.jp/macross/goods/index.html , and the 1J seems to be a clean one? And they have only 2 releases thus far.

09.jpg

Or is it just announced in the past few days that it isn't updated yet? :mellow:

From the Kakizaki thread and SDK's link:

The next mail order exclusive for Macross Chronicle magazine is Yamato's 1/48 scale VF-1A TV Kakizaki Type. Kakizaki was the aloof, comedy relief pilot on Vermillion Team and managed to fail at each attempt to save the rest of his crew. He always ended up getting rescued by them instead! Ordering details will be available in Macross Chronicle issues #16 & 17. Along with the 1/48 scale weathered edition of Hikaru's VF-1J and the 1/48 VF-1A TV Max Type, the Vermillion Team can finally be formed in 1/48 scale!

Sadly I don't see the pic any more and the only other thread search pulled up was of a custom Weathering. Still I swear I can remember an official pic that had the 1/48 Hik 1J weathering in it.

Sadly I don't see the pic any more and the only other thread search pulled up was of a custom Weathering. Still I swear I can remember an official pic that had the 1/48 Hik 1J weathering in it.

Are you sure it's a 1/48 Weathered 1J, not the 1/60 one? :unsure:

Just that as a Macross x Yamato geek, I think I would have seen it. But I am not 100% sure because you are one of the better-informed people in the Macross toys world. ^_^

I know the pics of Hikaru's 1/48 VF-1J with weathering surfaced long before the 1/60 Weathering Hikaru 1J (Which is the Hyper hobby Mag exclusive if I'm not mistaken... I'd check my site but I'm at work). I can't really recall the context but I believed the same thing as SDK's quote, that the weathering Hikaru was being lined up as a third Chronicles exclusive. Maybe Yamato was just showing off a weathering 1J to show they could.. I know they've also talked about doing one at shows.

I know the pics of Hikaru's 1/48 VF-1J with weathering surfaced long before the 1/60 Weathering Hikaru 1J (Which is the Hyper hobby Mag exclusive if I'm not mistaken... I'd check my site but I'm at work). I can't really recall the context but I believed the same thing as SDK's quote, that the weathering Hikaru was being lined up as a third Chronicles exclusive. Maybe Yamato was just showing off a weathering 1J to show they could.. I know they've also talked about doing one at shows.

i think overdrive was the one that showed the pic of the weathered 1/48 hikaru 1j from yamato at a toy show. its suppose to be part of the chronicle exclusive.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'vw forgotten to mention earlier that I've been called by the shop I preordered the Kaki. Yamato has sent TWO SET of TV hands as supplements - yes, that means they compensate for Max's missing hands in Kakizaki's set!

One set = 2 fists (L+R), 1 gun holding hand ®, 1 open hand (L) = the usual TV stuffs.

I'vw forgotten to mention earlier that I've been called by the shop I preordered the Kaki. Yamato has sent TWO SET of TV hands as supplements - yes, that means they compensate for Max's missing hands in Kakizaki's set!

One set = 2 fists (L+R), 1 gun holding hand ®, 1 open hand (L) = the usual TV stuffs.

This is included in the Kakizaki box?