Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Yeah, I really can't decide if I want the Rand/Ray or not. I know I'll WANT it at some point, being a completist, but the same mold, just a different gun and head, and same problems as my current Beagle, with likely no fixes... makes it tough to swallow that pricetag.

As for the hlj.com thing, I've never ordered from them, so don't know how they are. On the other hand, I remember looking online months ago and them seeming to have the best prices, selections, and shipping, but now that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've had good luck with bigbadtoystore.com and with angolz.com. Haven't tried over-drive-inc.com, since they always seem to be sold out of what I'm looking for.

As for the hlj.com thing, I've never ordered from them, so don't know how they are. On the other hand, I remember looking online months ago and them seeming to have the best prices, selections, and shipping, but now that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've had good luck with bigbadtoystore.com and with angolz.com. Haven't tried over-drive-inc.com, since they always seem to be sold out of what I'm looking for.

They are all just as reliable as each other really, except Angolz who can be more sloppy sometimes.

HLJ won't give you any shipping options if the order is more than 15000 Yen, for insurance reasons it will only ship EMS. Advantage for HLJ is that they don't require payment upfront, so seeing as the Yen is finally starting to fall... maybe it's worthwhile holding out for a bit...maybe.

Got to look over the ride-armor a little more this morning.

Can I say that just folding out the foot stands had me saying "wow"? The mechanism for the footstands is impressive for gosh-sakes!

The Galant rifle; the awesome strap with metal rings, the thumb power up switch - the detail is awesome. The way the material feel in your hand! The plastics feel and look great, very low shine.

The neck screw-hole did not bother me as much as I thought it would.

BADS; front missile launchers flop out of place, windshield going cookoo if I breath while holding it, wish they could have made small yellow plastic lights (like the turn signals) to go into the boot lights. They would have had to make a small depression for it but it would have looked much better than the yellow paint and covered the seam there.

And face sculpts? Who cares with this dark face shield! It looks so bad (great I mean) with it down I will likely never display it otherwise.

Have not even tried to convert this to armor - enjoying this part too much . . .

I think you guys are a bit premature on any criticism to Beagle for not improving the Ray version. The toy isn't due out until some time in May, that's plenty of time to make some tweaks. Sure, maybe the initial prototype may be just a Stig version of the toy with a gun instead of missiles but this doesn't tell us definitively that the final product will be that way.

I think you guys are a bit premature on any criticism to Beagle for not improving the Ray version. The toy isn't due out until some time in May, that's plenty of time to make some tweaks. Sure, maybe the initial prototype may be just a Stig version of the toy with a gun instead of missiles but this doesn't tell us definitively that the final product will be that way.

Jenius is quite right. Its called a "mockup", gang. They've still got plenty of time to make changes.

I'm getting mine through Overdrive, there is no pre-order yet, so you need to e-mail them.

I asked why wasn't there a pe-order, as in the last thread when the book was announced, damn i thought everyone was wantin to get it, myself included.

NOT going to miss out on this book. Really hope the 2nd book comes out though. :(

:( Well, just seen publisher website for this first future Mospeada artbook, now there is no date...

Shinkigensha

it has been several time annunced, several time delayed...Well, when could we see a real new Mospeada artbook??

Someone may know what's wrong?

Authorization problem? crisis? financial or others difficulties?...

Ok i'm pessimistic...

Too bad...

Jenius is quite right. Its called a "mockup", gang. They've still got plenty of time to make changes.

Jenius & Arcoray.

I respect you,re opinions..I asked a few pages back if Ray was a prototype..no-one answered ,so I asumed that it is the final version.

So having said that ..seeing the released photo,s (with no improvements) ,and that some places are taking pre-orders...do you know for sure that it,s a prototype/mock-up...-or are you speculating...if you have official word that it is just a prototype ,then by all means tell us to end this guess work...otherwise my word is as good as yours.

Jenius & Arcoray.

I respect you,re opinions..I asked a few pages back if Ray was a prototype..no-one answered ,so I asumed that it is the final version.

So having said that ..seeing the released photo,s (with no improvements) ,and that some places are taking pre-orders...do you know for sure that it,s a prototype/mock-up...-or are you speculating...if you have official word that it is just a prototype ,then by all means tell us to end this guess work...otherwise my word is as good as yours.

I have no specific word from Beagle or a third party who spoke to Beagle that this is a prototype but I can say from experience watching these things like a hawk that the overwhelming odds are that it's a "pre-production" sample. Remember, Overdrive did a piece with the original Stick prototype about a month before it was due out (after one delay) and the actual production version was slightly different. There was only a one month lead time there and there's a three month lead time here. It doesn't mean that they actually will make changes but it definitely seems unlikely that this came from a production run. So, you may very well be right, but my observation is based on the history of this toy manufacturer (and others). Only time will tell, there is still pleny of room for hope. By all means though, don't preorder if you're concerned... Stick's is still readily available and Ray's will probably move slower so you have plenty of time to wait for reviews.

Very good points there (I to am hoping that it is a prototype) what you,re saying is music to my ears ,lets hope that May is enough time to improve on the most common requests/complaints from collectors..Beagle has a healthy list to work from.

I thank-you for you,re quick response and value you,re experience.When Beagle first released Stick they(obviously) couldn,t predict any observations from the owners -now that they do..and its basicly the same mold, lets hope May is a realistic deadline to improve on the most common faults!!!

It just seems to me that it,s a bad business model to release pics with the same issues as the first release and allow online stores to take pre-orders-without advising that it,s a prototype...sure they could tell us soon officially, but it sends out the wrong confusing message.

I think you may be right about shifting some Ray units slowly(unless it,s a overwhelming improvement) ,so I think I,ll wait for reviews first.

As always love your reviews and will wait for it to arrive in your hot little hands,,cause I know it,ll be honest. ^_^

Jenius & Arcoray.

I don't have any word from Beagle or Toynami. In my general experience with the development process, and my estimation of what I'm seeing in the pictures, I would say it was a mockup made from Stig/Scott tooling, and probably initial casts of the unique parts for Ray/Rand, possibly some new materials for cloth areas.

I'd say the shot with the exposed groin area mechanisms is probably indicitive that the parts in that area are undergoing revision in design and materials, which weren't available at the time of the photo.

Besides - Considering the development Beagle had undertaken with the first Ride Armor, I'd expect them to come up with some improvements, especially with regard to materials and engineering failures. Cosmetic - like the neck screw hole - who knows. But the bits that 'break' will probably be addressed.

On the other hand, why would you assume its an example of final product?

I love the illustration that will make up the Beta Fighter book bindings. I don't usually like goofy but it just works.

Speaking of - do you think we'll get to see 2 NEW sets of bookends for the Cyclones and Betas????

Like Stick firing a rocket, scope extended at an Armored Scout? And the Blue Beta blowing Corg's Commander Unit away?

Not sure we will as some of the Alpha MPC bookends are still up for sale on RT.com . . .

I love the illustration that will make up the Beta Fighter book bindings. I don't usually like goofy but it just works.

Speaking of - do you think we'll get to see 2 NEW sets of bookends for the Cyclones and Betas????

Like Stick firing a rocket, scope extended at an Armored Scout? And the Blue Beta blowing Corg's Commander Unit away?

Not sure we will as some of the Alpha MPC bookends are still up for sale on RT.com . . .

Yeah, the blue ones are still for sale, though at half the price of what they were originally asking for them (which was f-en ridiculous). I got them on clearance at BBTS for even less than that.

The red ones go for absolutely ridiculous prices, but that's because I think they were only ever available at one convention.

I don't know, I just don't see them making any more.

It is kind of annoying that my Alpha bookend boxes, Beta bookend box, and Cyclone bookend box are all completely different sizes, but don't know if different bookends for each size would really help looks any.

Did the Mospeada/RTNG I-Men toys ever make it to retail?

Yes but, at least everywhere I saw them, they were kind of expensive for what they are. Saved up my money for actual transforming ones instead. Of course, now I'm spending WAY too much on those...

Got the Red Beta. Love the Annie illustration, still a massive, grin-creating box . . .

Quick takes:

• Great job on the new head sculpt and adding more red to the arms and gray to the body - making it different from the blue scheme.

• Pilot still so freaking hard to get in. I could not get his butt-peg to go down in so the cockpit would not close all the way. Got frustrated eventually and just tried to pull the pilot straight out. Well, I snapped off the controls, bummed me out, will need some super glue.

• Hips still completely loose but the soldier mode looks great no matter.

• Pulled out my red Alpha for a hook-up. I have not played with the Alphas much and I see why there are so many complaints. Rickety, fragile and more rickety.

---- The Beta is a toy, the Alpha is a model kit - no way around it ----

• Blue looks better linked up in fighter mode, red better in soldier I think. I had fun in Photoshop with the pic below, may start doing more of those if I find time . . .

post-8486-1235769079_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1235769100_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1235769240_thumb.jpg

I don't know whether the acronym was applied before or afterwards (I think it was on some model/toy boxes), but I'm told "mospeed" is a Japanese slang word for racing through traffic. There are also some sketches of the bikes that identify them as "moto speeders." It wouldn't be a Japanese show without some double entendres.

I asked Aramaki-san about this, accompanied by plenty of apologies. Here's what he said: "At first, MOSPEADA named from 'moto-speeder', that's true. Because when we was planning this story, STAR WARS episode 6 was in theater!"

He also says he doesn't know about TLEAD/Tread, because that was Kakinuma-san's baby.

I asked Aramaki-san about this, accompanied by plenty of apologies. Here's what he said: "At first, MOSPEADA named from 'moto-speeder', that's true. Because when we was planning this story, STAR WARS episode 6 was in theater!"

He also says he doesn't know about TLEAD/Tread, because that was Kakinuma-san's baby.

Thanks for the info.

damn i see an green aoshima legioss for USD$35, and i never got it!! damn i should get it!!

anyways guys, for Rand for toynami, anyone has gotten any prototype pics for it yet ?

There are a bunch earlier in this thread and I believe at over-drive-inc.com and anymoon.com

Has anyone else seen this new CM boxset, I bought a set on eBay the other day. I dig it, i could always use extra figures!

Saw it, though $50 seems a bit pricey to me for a couple of CMs figures with no bikes, even if it is free shipping.

Theres a pic of Ley/Ray holding his gun, side profile position with no helmet (one at over-drive..etc) but can,t get a good look as the pic is tooo small.

Anyone got a larger shot,or can do so ..that would be overwhelming fantastic!!!

Theres a pic of Ley/Ray holding his gun, side profile position with no helmet (one at over-drive..etc) but can,t get a good look as the pic is tooo small.

Anyone got a larger shot,or can do so ..that would be overwhelming fantastic!!!

untitled13.bmp

thanx Ravenhawk for the pic..but I was refering to the one with cloth on and Ley holding his hand pistel in an action pose.

I,ve seen it around on online stores with pre-orders but is to small(just wanted to know what an enlarged pic would look like ,and to see if they,ve changed the head sculpt to your posted pic). ^_^