RC Helicopters/Planes

iso0

Greetings,

I recently got into the RC Helicopter hobby. I Purchased an indoor RC Helicopter from Brookstone but it doesnt seem to fly to well...or maybe its just me <_<

Flying tips or purchase recommendations would be much appreciated!

Copters, both R/C and real-life ones are relatively hard to fly. Also, you can't help but notice all of the "cheap" copters that have flooded the market; the saying "you get what you pay for" is extremely important here. I don't know about the cost, quality or features of what you bought however I'd tell anyone else to stay away from cheaper department store copters.

Check out Tower Hobbies for entry level electric machines all the way up to bigger, powerful gas powered ones that could put Blue Thunder and Airwolf to shame...

I've Been flying rc planes for a few years and bought a helicopter last winter for indoor flying, a Blade CX2 E-Flight Found it easy to fly and is well known so most rc shops have parts. I was in Tyler TX on business broke most of the roter assembly and found parts. :D

Link to the site: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default....ProdID=EFLH1250

Copters, both R/C and real-life ones are relatively hard to fly. Also, you can't help but notice all of the "cheap" copters that have flooded the market; the saying "you get what you pay for" is extremely important here. I don't know about the cost, quality or features of what you bought however I'd tell anyone else to stay away from cheaper department store copters.

Check out Tower Hobbies for entry level electric machines all the way up to bigger, powerful gas powered ones that could put Blue Thunder and Airwolf to shame...

The copter i got from brookstone was relatively cheap..about $30...What do you consider to be a safe price range for RC copters / planes?

I've Been flying rc planes for a few years and bought a helicopter last winter for indoor flying, a Blade CX2 E-Flight Found it easy to fly and is well known so most rc shops have parts. I was in Tyler TX on business broke most of the roter assembly and found parts. :D

Link to the site: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default....ProdID=EFLH1250

The Blade CX2 looks awesome, hows the battery life though?

I've been interested in the RC planes with the miniature jet engines. I can't afford them, but they sure do look cool!

Which RC planes with the miniature jet engines are you referring to? Sounds interesting...

i wonder how the blade cx2 handles. i have the picoZ and it's frustrating to fly.

i hope someon will eventually make a rescue copter that can lift a toy soldier perhaps, or better yet one that can drop bombs. it's just an RF release catch so should be simple enough if they can keep the weight down.

I used to build and race 1/10 scale RC buggies and trucks about 15 years ago. A lot has changed since then, but one thing remains constant: FLYING HELICOPTERS IS DIFFICULT!!! The technology has gotten way better and is cheaper to produce which makes "entry-level" coptors a lot more appealing and available to your average Joe. An RC chopper cost anywhere from $600-$1000 when I was in the hobby and that just just for the chopper itself! Today you can get a fairly powerly RC helicopter for under $200 that includes everything you need right out of the box. There in lies the misconception that it's easy or "entry-level". There's nothing entry-level about flying helicopters.

Anybody that has been in the hobby would recommend you start out with a good RC trainer or entry-level plane before you even consider purchasing a helicopter. I certainly would not purchase one for a box store. If you must have it be sure to purchase from a hobby shop as they will have the parts you will more than likely need to rebuild from a crash or other mishap. I would even suggest building it yourself as you will be more familiar with the parts and how it functions and know how to fix it or upgrade when you need to. Good luck!

Looks good, I remember Back Yard Flyer did a review on that sounded good. Best of luck it's a great hobby.

Also I just got my L-39 from towerhobby, THIS is going to be a good week end! I'll post some pics sat or sun.

Looks good, I remember Back Yard Flyer did a review on that sounded good. Best of luck it's a great hobby.

Also I just got my L-39 from towerhobby, THIS is going to be a good week end! I'll post some pics sat or sun.

Excellent, The L-39 from towerhobby does look promising.

So this is my small Air Force.

The L-39 had a ruff first flight, Remember to dubble and tripple check the control throws, MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT REVERSED! :rolleyes:

post-7418-1215288274_thumb.jpg

So this is my small Air Force.

The L-39 had a ruff first flight, Remember to dubble and tripple check the control throws, MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT REVERSED! :rolleyes:

Beautiful collection you got there! :blink: Where can i buy them? What RC brand and type are they? And which do you suggest is a good buy? :unsure:

Edited by iso0

• 9 years later...