Image Requests

mikeszekely

I used to have some slick images saved, but I lost them all when I got rid of my old computer. I thought I had them saved to a disc, but I apparently don't have the disc, so...

Anyone have some lineart of the SW-XA1 Schneeblume and the SW-XAII Schneegans? If I recall correctly, they were from some modeling magazine.

I used to have some slick images saved, but I lost them all when I got rid of my old computer. I thought I had them saved to a disc, but I apparently don't have the disc, so...

Anyone have some lineart of the SW-XA1 Schneeblume and the SW-XAII Schneegans? If I recall correctly, they were from some modeling magazine.

Look in the MAGAZINES section of MW under Model Graphics.

What are these two Valkyries? Are they from one of the shows, like some obscure mecha seen only briefly in the background or something? They are actually pretty damn cool. The battroid designs are fairly tight and the fighter modes are both good. REALLY good actually; much better than most of the little-known Valkyries I've seen. The SW-XA1 Schneeblume fighter looks like a precursor to the VF-0. About the only thing I don't like about these two are the names :)

Is Character Model magazine the only book in which this line art has appeared?

Edited by Mr March

yeah, same here, I've heard about this and seen scans before, but what are they officially? some kind of test aircraft? rogue mecha or what!?

if Mr. Macross Mecha Manual doesn't know...then I'm really off too

Hehehe, well I'm not exactly an expert :) The M3 is as much a learning process for me as it is discovery for many fans.

Thanks valk1j! This explains everything. It's a shame these designs weren't explored further. A bit more refinement of the battroid mode and these two Valkyries would make perfect mecha for a Macross anime. But overall, I really like them.

Now onto the nigh impossible task of obtaining high resolutions scans of this line art :(

Yeah, these are some of my favorite designs. The SW-XA1, IMHO, is much nicer than the VF-0, kinda like a refined VF-1. And the SW-XAII is like everything good about the VF-19 and none of the bad. My only gripe is the goofy canards.

It'd be tough to choose a color scheme. One could go with the transformable model colors in the magazine, but they don't really look like official color schemes. Course, there's plenty of existing schemes to choose from and just adapt them to the SW-XA1 and SW-XAII :)

Yeah, these are some of my favorite designs. The SW-XA1, IMHO, is much nicer than the VF-0, kinda like a refined VF-1. And the SW-XAII is like everything good about the VF-19 and none of the bad. My only gripe is the goofy canards.

Actually if the ever do a reboot (or relegate the Tatsunoko series as a TV series about the events of SW1) I am hoping they use the SW-XA1 as the actual VF-1 Valkyrie and designate the SW-XAII as a VF-9 Crusader in the continuity.

The SW-XA1 looks far more like the successor to the VF-0 than the the VF-1 now does. It also looks more like the modern design aesthetics introduced in Mac Plus and continuted in Mac 7.

I like these two designs. I just don't like the line markings on the nose and over the air-brake area. You know, the concept sketches of the new Macross Frontier valkyrie from a while back (that Kawamori interview article), they really reminds me of the SW-XAI. One of the battroids reminds me of the SW-XAII the way it's set up.

I like these two designs. I just don't like the line markings on the nose and over the air-brake area. You know, the concept sketches of the new Macross Frontier valkyrie from a while back (that Kawamori interview article), they really reminds me of the SW-XAI. One of the battroids reminds me of the SW-XAII the way it's set up.

I am of the opinion that the sketches we saw are not related to Macross Frontier at all. Similar looking sketches appear in SK's Design Works book and it's fairly generic.

I suspect the actual design of the new variable fighter(s) is going to be top secret until just before the release.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 years later...