1/100 Toynami Valks Thread

Vermillion21

I personally love these danged toys. I even love the VF1S head now that I'm used to it. Unfortunately I don't have any of the 1J's though. I'm not gonna' buy any until I know for sure there are going to be some damned fast packs for sale in the next century. What's up with Harmony Gold? Are they starving? Are they on the rocks? Is their business going under?

i really dunno how BIG this Toynami valks are compared to the previous Banpresto's....??? are they any GooD???

I think someone stated that the Banpresto's were 1/144...there's a comparison shot somewhere on this board, though I don't remember where. I would say the Toynami's are much better than the Banpresto's, as the Banpresto's are floppy and fall apart real easily. Series 1 of Toynami isn't as good a Series 2 in terms of joint stiffness and the grade of plastic used in the toy.

Are they good...well, that all depends on who you talk to. They make a nice cheep small toy, good for customizations or displaying at work, etc. Are they worth $20 - $30 dollars...no way, though if you can find them for around $15 they're good. The 1A's are by far the best looking ones as the 1S has a Jay Leno chin and the 1J's have giraffe necks. Browse back some pages, and there's some reviews in this thread.

2 of my 3 customs. The Low Vis is on the main Customs page.

Edited by jodokast

The link to those SDCC pics is from 2006, so I am confused as to which Hikaru you guys are looking for. The 1A was in wave 1. The 1S is part of wave 3 coming this Feb along with an updated Roy 1S (better joints & flat jolly roger) and the 1A CF. These 3 will include the fast packs.

The fast packs for the rest will be released later (the Max/Milia & generic) which will include TV and movie parts. Each sold seperately.

Are they worth the $25? Well, I think so for a few reasons... they take up little space, they come with a lot of extras and a stand which works for all modes, & while not perfect, they still do look very cool. But most importantly, if you break one, oh well... unlike breaking a 1/48!

Edited by atreyu2112

SDCC Exclusive: Hikaru 1S with black box

Wave 3: Weathered Hikaru 1S with Strike Parts

Wave 1: Focker 1S

Wave 3: Weathered Focker 1S with Strike Parts

Seems a bit sad to me that Toynami is double dipping twice already. I guess they added the weathering (if these toys ever come out) and chances are the Wave 3 will be built better than the SDCC exclusive and the Wave 1 toy.

SDCC Exclusive: Hikaru 1S with black box

Wave 3: Weathered Hikaru 1S with Strike Parts

Wave 1: Focker 1S

Wave 3: Weathered Focker 1S with Strike Parts

Seems a bit sad to me that Toynami is double dipping twice already. I guess they added the weathering (if these toys ever come out) and chances are the Wave 3 will be built better than the SDCC exclusive and the Wave 1 toy.

You have to realize that most people dont have the SDCC exclusive so the FP version will be their first.

I don't really mind them double-dipping on one of the 1Ss but to double dip on both in one wave? That's kinda lame. It should have been either a new Focker or a new Hikaru and then they could have given us a 1D or even a Jenius 1S.

Edited by jenius

Thats funny, mine didnt have any in the box.

That's too bad. I have applied a few.....I usually don't but these are'nt that bad. The only ones I regret pulling off the sheet are the UN SPACY's to go on the gunpod for when I displayed these guys in fighter mode being held up by their gunpod the stickers peeled off because of the clamping of the holder to the pod. Does that make sence???

:ph34r:

Aren't they provided all Yammy style behind the toy box or something? You sure you guys aren't just missing them because you're not sliding out an inner tray or something? I think there's a picture of them, or where they should be, on my site.

Aren't they provided all Yammy style behind the toy box or something? You sure you guys aren't just missing them because you're not sliding out an inner tray or something? I think there's a picture of them, or where they should be, on my site.

Here's the pic...

1100%20Roy%20small%205.jpg

Thanks! That only shows instructions though... wish I had one handy so i could check if there were decals in there but I do seem to recall them being there.

I'll check mine tonight and see what I can find.

Mine also came with stickers, I'm looking at them right now. They're sealed in the same plastic bag that contains the instructions.

Unlike misterryno's, my stickers have been placed in front of the instructions. His may be behind the instructions or even placed inside the booklet.

That is not a picture of my box though. It is from Jenius' site. So it must be his. I will check mine tonight. I am sure that they are in the same place that yours are.

• 2 weeks later...