NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

I so want to get one of those 1/35 Gakkens, sometime soon i am going to look around see if i can pick one up cheap. yea i would so want some of those decals as well.

Edited by zeo-mare

I so want to get one of those 1/35 Gakkens, sometime soon i am going to look around see if i can pick one up cheap. yea i would so want some of those decals as well.

join the club...while i have one of each 1/35 gakken legioss..(love 'em up!):

i sold my only gakken stick ride-armor last year...and i want too get another..but these are getting more and more hard too find :( ...have'nt seen a decent one on eBay for weeks and weeks :(:(:(

I am not sure if i would want them to, specially if they try to make it as complex as the older one, geesh everyones Alpha is falling apart on them, i can only imagine the QC problems it would end up having :blink:

Edited by zeo-mare

Hmmm.....I suppose an MPC Cyclone has POTENTAIL....but then again, so did all of Toynami's otehr products :p I think that if they made a more posable figure and used the exact same aromor as the Gakken (expcet maybe the shoulders and thigh armor pieces....it would be great.

I think the Gakken Cyclone was one of the best toys of the eighties and considering it's complexity in comparison to the Alphas and valks, there's too much of a chance that toynami would just blow it. I doubt very much that they'd be able to pull it off at all. Although, I'm sure they're chomping at the bit to try and milk that Robotech license for all it's worth so, we'll probably see a very lame attempt at them sometime in '06 or '07. Well before the Beta/Tread.

I think the Gakken Cyclone was one of the best toys of the eighties and considering it's complexity in comparison to the Alphas and valks, there's too much of a chance that toynami would just blow it. I doubt very much that they'd be able to pull it off at all. Although, I'm sure they're chomping at the bit to try and milk that Robotech license for all it's worth so, we'll probably see a very lame attempt at them sometime in '06 or '07. Well before the Beta/Tread.

here's why i'm optimistic...bear with me here..

>>> look at the VF mpcs...they were totally shoddy and horrible sculpt.

>>>compare them with the mpc alpha?!?...the alpha's sculpt is BETTER than gakkens 1/35(this is arguable..i Loove my 1/35's)..but closer too the animation(besides the feet)

qc is still a major issue...but not compared too the VF's!

>>>the cyclones could be alright..the imai ride-armor sculpt should be sufficent (toynami's alpha's are based on imai)...i reaaaallllly hope they attempt these,..since it will be the first metionable fuke + blowsupirior!!!! :D:D:D

>>>lets hope for the best!!! :D

Cyclone MPCs...could Toynami pull these off and make them come out well? I'm sure they could; as has been pointed out, there has been improvement between the Veritech MPCs and the Alphas (if only they had thought out their materials choices and placement a little better and employed competent assembly and QC personnel, the little Alphas would've been true "master pieces").

Will Toynami create worhy representations of the ride armors? Other than the sculpt's appearance, probably not. Their track record leads me to believe that they would still use poor grade plastics, and decide to use metal in unwise locations that would make the toy floppy and prone to falling over, or so stiff in critical areas that it would be very fragile; and, of course, there is their abismal QC to consider.

With all the above in mind, there are few positive consequences from a Toynami attempt at making Cyclones:

1. Even if they don't live up to expectations (or their absurd price tags <_< ), they'd be new items for Mospeada fans to enjoy, even if only as "DO NOT EVER TOUCH" displays pieces.

2. We'd get representations of all the ride armors, not just the mospeada.

3. The posability of the character figures is bound to be much better than the Gakken's, and they may actually be able to straddel the bikes.

4. The introduction of new Cyclones will likely drive down the price of the old Gakkens and Heshin Robos, at least for a little while, thereby giving everyone who does not own an copy a chance to get one at a more reasonable price.

5. More toys of bikes that transform into battle armor is always a good thing, even if they turn out to be quirky at best.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

I agree the sculpture is better than the 1/35, but the thing that irritates me the most is that Toynami didn't bother to scale it up. Instead they played cheap, as if we don't know they just simply took something that excist already as a basis.

Considering the Toynami alpha is basically the IMAI sculpt, if they can get the molds for the model Cyclones we will see MPC ride armor toys as well...just my guess. Honestly, in the scheme of things, to me..thats not a bad thing. I'm not jumping for joy...but it would be nice to have a new version available. Still the Tread is what they need to do the most work for, and what I would be most interested in.

I'm going to test this statement (about Toynami accepting duds). I have a blue alpha that had the infamous disentegrating right hand issue as well as a crooked head and floppy arms. I originally was thinking about trying to make a Fokker custom out of him (which I still think is a cool idea and would love to see someone do). Anyone else think the Shadow isn't black enough?? Also, do you think they'll release an exclusive of some sort with the unmanned shadow?

yours to huh, appearently everybodies right hand on there alpha breaks, toynami said they were going to send me a replacement hand and gun for mine. i am highly anticipating it.

The small gakken Alpha was kind of disappointing to me, so I sold it off.

Broke down and pre-ordered a green Alpha from Tam. (Tam's getting a lot of $$ from me this month: Monster, Guts Statue, and Alpha)

Please please let the QC be better on this one. I still feel like I'm playing russian roulette.

Edited by Anubis

mechaninac: I completely agree with all your points and I'd love to actuall see the other bike (more transforming bikes is ALWAYS good in my book) but if Toyanmi drops the ball again, we'll have a bunch off good looking bikes and riders, who can't stand with all of their armor on. Of course, if they do announce a release, I'll probably just purchase the Lancer version with the cool giant ginsu knives.

you know i dont know if i want to get all the alphas now that i heard that they have qc issues

toynami is happily accepting QC dud's...so if you get a dud-keep the rifle/stickrs,ect.(too re-coup shipp costs) ..and they'll send u a replacment! :D

+ the sculpt is worthy!!!! :D:D:D

if i had to replace it id have to send it from australia back to the us so that will cost me more than you will expect Feyd-Rautha

Just got my reply from Toynami. They'd be happy to replace my Alpha so long as i get it to them. They'll even pay for shipping back to me. You know, the quality of the toy may be suspect at times but the response time (when i emailed the right place) and the customer service is absolutely stellar.

Hmmm... I wish I had spent ALL of my money in the last couple of weeks.... I got a Gakken Bernard Stick Type,a dn now Id kinda like a Blue Alpha to go with it.... how long do you guys expect Toynami to provide replacement support for these toys if they are limited production run?

Hmmm... I wish I had spent ALL of my money in the last couple of weeks.... I got a Gakken Bernard Stick Type,a dn now Id kinda like a Blue Alpha to go with it.... how long do you guys expect Toynami to provide replacement support for these toys if they are limited production run?

Your guess is good as mine.

Well they didn't ask when, where, or how I got mine or anything else. They just told me to send it back and it'd be replaced. That's pretty sweet. Man, at this rate the VFA-6H is gonna be super collectible since half of them will be in the trash cans at Toynami. Honestly, I really do love this toy... if only they had put some sort of mechanical joint in the shoulders so they could support the weight of the arms!! Of course an upgrade to the hands would be nice too... Any chance the shadow claws will be solid plastic variety?

How do you know they put them in the trash can. They may have taken the returned ones and canabalized them for parts to try and make hole ones to send out.

this is possible.... ;)

yeah... kinda saves them alot of money and trashing it is probably more expensive than putting down Chinese workers at the "recycling" division. :rolleyes:

I'll sell you mine. ;););)

This is my first time trying to post a pic anywhere but I hope it works. I own one of each Alpha i could care to own now (with a few unpictured here). I must say, my new MPC is friggin' great. My old one couldn't carry a gun but this one can. I won't be moving it's arms much to see how quick they loosen up ('cause I'm sure it's real quick) but straight out of the package this one is STELLAR. Do i like it as much as my 1/35s? Well, they aren't nearly as sturdy and I'm sure they have about 1/5th the durability but when you get a well made one it's really frickin' beautiful.

post-26-1105680950_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

Special thanks to Anubis for the small red Gakken.

If anyone is sitting on Alphas and wants to make a quick buck I need the diecast 2 changers and the green and blue small Gakkens. Box and accessories would be nice. PM me.

Anybody heard word on the release of the green Alpha?