Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

aww shucks, thanx no3ljm!!

..the trilogy has come full circle.

...My best work's behind me tho(what the hell am I gonna do with myself now to numb the edges..lol)

post-11041-0-00882700-1435502613_thumb.jpg

post-11041-0-13948100-1435502642_thumb.jpg

Edited by troyness

Congratulations you guys for getting the Arcadia IJ GBP....great shots and poses :hail::)

Can anyone help me? What is the difference between the yamato 1/60 vf 1j GBP ver 2 and this Arcadia release?

Thanks for the help! I need it to decide if I will want to get this Arcadia version :)

Congratulations you guys for getting the Arcadia IJ GBP....great shots and poses :hail::)

Can anyone help me? What is the difference between the yamato 1/60 vf 1j GBP ver 2 and this Arcadia release?

Thanks for the help! I need it to decide if I will want to get this Arcadia version :)

Not a lot actually.. They are pretty much identical. They both have the grey visor, the Arcadia version doesn't come with the "1" tampo printed on the chest armor section as the original Yamato did.

I think that's about it really.. Im looking at them both as I write this.. Oh and some have reported that the Arcadia has a sight pinkish tan to the white areas. But I don't really notice that with mine so that might be a manufacturing issue perhaps? Maybe someone else knows or has noticed something else but im stumped.

Congratulations you guys for getting the Arcadia IJ GBP....great shots and poses :hail: :)

^ Depends which release of the Yamato you got. Did you get the one with the '1' tampoed on the chest missile cover and crack-prone shoulders or the later release with fixed shoulders and no '1' tampo on the chest (and some other minor markings as well)? The Arcadia armor matches the later Yamato release.

The Arcadia 1J has a tendency to look pinkish under certain lighting conditions, but your experience may vary.

Edited by barurutor

well there you go eh.. I wasn't aware that there was two Yamato releases.. told you someone would know something else!

So sadly that makes my Yamato the original with the "1" tampoed and the crappy shoulders.. well I know they are crappy shoulders as its previous owner has done a rebuild repair job on them. Not a bad job too I might add! Thanks SM!

Thanks a lot guys! :)

btw off topic, anyone here has a spare Toynami Robotech MP Cyclone Scott Bernard or the Beagle Version? Looking for one :)

btw, mine is similar to this: is this ver 1 or 2? just want to be sure

https://eyeforthings.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/vf1ja_box_front_view.jpg

and does the Arcadia version come with the display stand already?

Edited by AMDG2008

Thanks a lot guys! :)

btw, mine is similar to this: is this ver 1 or 2? just want to be sure

https://eyeforthings.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/vf1ja_box_front_view.jpg

and does the Arcadia version come with the display stand already?

No stand for the Arcadia. Both versions of the Yamato came in the same box, unfortunately. You have to check the armor tampo to see what version is inside.

Edited by barurutor

You can also check jenius reviews on Yamato GBP releases at: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=5007

But to be honest, price-point-wise, I will just get the recent release Arcadia one. You will get the safe shoulder version. Tight joints compared to the old Yamato ones. If you're not worried about the slight pink hue on the Arcadia, you will be just fine. ;)

As for the Mospeada Cyclones Bikes, you can check Adankree's FS thread. He's selling both Scott and Rand/Ley): http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42677

Good luck! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, gentlemen, I give you the "Grenade" Super Fighter. The mechanics could only salvage so many parts from Hikaru's first sortie with the GBP... so they fitted his (refurbished or new?) J with these until the Super parts were ready! Also known in other circles as the "Ghetto" Super Fighter :)

iaDQSbNh.jpg

6dCebfUh.jpg

Thanks to my lovely wife for providing the "hand stand"!

Ok, gentlemen, I give you the "Grenade" Super Fighter. The mechanics could only salvage so many parts from Hikaru's first sortie with the GBP... so they fitted his (refurbished or new?) J with these until the Super parts were ready! Also known in other circles as the "Ghetto" Super Fighter :)

iaDQSbNh.jpg

6dCebfUh.jpg

That looks superb! In reality im sure they would have expreimented with mixed load outs depending on mission requirements. But yeah this looks pretty legit! Nice work! B))

Either that or you have very feminine looking hands! LOL! joking! :p:D:lol:;)

Edited by spanner76

*snip*

Great! Swooshing around by the wife. ;)

Damn it, I can't see your pics sixty...for some reason it's not compatible with my phone..just get ""question marks"..

I bet it would've looked awesome!!

Damn it, I can't see your pics sixty...for some reason it's not compatible with my phone..just get ""question marks"..

I bet it would've looked awesome!!

what phone are you using? Maybe try download a different browser for it? Yes the pics are great! :p:D

All fixed!!...awesome "Grenade" fighter sixty!!

Great camera...and your 1J is all stickered up!.

@ noel.& Spanner...just jail broke my Chinese phone..all's good.

Edited by troyness