Saw the Bourne Supremacy, loved it!

Saw the bourne supremacy this weekend and I've got to say I really liked it a lot. Anyone else see this yet?

It's refreshing for me to watch the bourne movies. They're so not Bond like, I'm really sick of the stupid plots, ridiculous explosions, etc, etc that movies are about nowadays. They're all so cheesy, campy, and shallow. Anyway, I feel these Bourne movies take themselves seriously and are really exciting to watch. That's my 2 cents.

saw it, loved it, saw it again.

I thought the camera work was a little overdone at times but fit well with the story.. didn't think the story was as good as the first one.. more straightforward and linear and the twist was pretty predictable, actually they do kinda spell it out for you.

I liked The Bourne Identity and haven't been able to catch the sequel yet. But from what I've heard it's pretty damn good, I can't wait for the future BOURNE movies to be made. B))

I was disappointed how paint by number the script was. The way he resolved it with the Brian Cox character was way to common in espionage/political conspiracy movies. I don't mind handheld camera film making, I thought that this was so extreme that we missed a lot of what was happening.... I barely remember anything about the car chase at the end.

Aside from the camera work it was a story that was told well, but I've seen it too many times before.

Add me to the list of people who did not like the camerawork. I thought it was jumpier than Blair Witch actually. Too much during the fight in the home and too much during the car chase. If it were dialed down a couple notches, I think those scenes would've been perfect. :)

I also didn't like how some stuff was resolved, some of it felt clichéd - Brian Cox's resolution being one. But that said, there were other elements that surprised me in a good way. Won't get too into it here. But this series does feel a lot rawer and more visceral than what you normally see in spy thrillers.

The camerawork in Supremacy was SH*T... which was all the more irritating 'cause otherwise I dug it alot. I for one am not a fan of the handheld/ pseudo-documentary style of camerawork. Leave it for the combat cameramen & college students. In a movie theater it's a recipe for up-chuckin'!!! :blink:

Overall it was tad formulaic, but Damon so owns the role of Bourne that he's a hoot to watch. All-in-all, an above-average sequel that woulda been an excellent sequel if not for the jittery camera crap.

A surprisingly good sequel, but the director didn't have the same touch that Doug Liman did. The shaky cam = too much. The car chase = completely badass.

I hope they make more Bourne flicks. If they can keep this level of quality, I could see them easily making a few more really good stories out of it.

Yeah, from what I've read, they're pretty much took the original concept and the titles from the Ludlum books... and nothing else.

There are 3 Bourne books by Ludlum. Identity, Supremacy, and Ultimatum

But now some other jackass is writing new Bourne books now that Ludlum's dead (this practice is vile, btw... shame on you Ludlum family!).

But I imagine they could continue making movies and just throw random words after "The Bourne -" as long as they want.

The Bourne Towncar. The Bourne Stapler. The Bourne Chimichanga.

The possibilities are truly endless.

Saw it, Loved it as well. I agree that these 2 films have been way better than the Bond Frachise as of late. Less is sometimes more. I agree that the hand held camera work was a little too distracting at times. But it does create a reaction in the viewer, whether you like it's affect or hate it. I really liked it in the 1st chase scene.

I did see it this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it for an action film with some guts. I liked the way they wrapped up much of the story and revealed some tasty bits about Bourne. I think Paul Greengrass was actually a better choice for a Bourne movie than Liman (no criticism to Liman though, I like his work too). The action was tight and it had just enough of a story to lift it above the common action flcik fodder.

Can't wait for the next one :)

How are the gunfights and hand-to-hand combat in this movie? Are they realistic, or typical Hollywood over-the-top nonsense.........shooting two guns at once, held sideways, while jumping through the air in slow motion...yuck!

Realism is cool IMO. Hollywood's version of martial competence, usually involving lots of wirework, slow motion and unrealistic moves just turns my stomach.

Graham

How are the gunfights and hand-to-hand combat in this movie? Are they realistic, or typical Hollywood over-the-top nonsense.........shooting two guns at once, held sideways, while jumping through the air in slow motion...yuck!

Realism is cool IMO. Hollywood's version of martial competence, usually involving lots of wirework, slow motion and unrealistic moves just turns my stomach.

Graham

Nope, pretty realistic in the film. It's actually pretty funny, now that I think back on the film, I actually don't remember too much gunplay action, not that there isn't any. It's a very economical movie, with things happening because they have to, and not as filler.

I personally like BOTH the over-the-top stuff and the realistic, gritty stuff. The stuff that I can't stand is the middle ground where the action and combat is ho-hum blah. All sound and fury signifying nothing.

Not a lot of gunfights but there's some great hand to hand fighting. It's very fast and "practical" No somersaulting, double backflip kicks that would never work. Just saw it again and I kind of agree that the camera was a little annoying at times during the fights. However, it really adds an edge and some suspense to the movie I think. Makes it seem more raw.