opinion: deaths in anime

Okay, I'm probably gonna ruffle a few feathers here, but...

Best deaths?

Guld from Macross Plus the Movie.  He knew he was going to die, but that didn't stop him from finishing the fight.

Bridge crew from Robotech: First Generation.  They knew that they were trying to fight in a rusted, out-of-service battleship that had lain inactive in a lake for two years... and still did it because there was no other way of stopping Khyron.  They went to their job, even knowing their deaths were probably going to result.  Same marks for Guld above.

Dinobot from Beast Wars.  Again, same as above.  Kept fighting, even after being critically injured and depleated of his weapons.  Heck, he was even given a chance to step off the battlefield and recover, but chose not to because doing so would doom those he'd chosen to protect.  Top marks for this death scene.

Saddest deaths?

Optimus Prime, from TF: The Movie.  To see the main hero of the show killed off in the opening act was a pure crusher for most of the audience.

Kaji from Evangelion.  While not neccesarrily a main character or even an important one, the audience was given the rather horrific experience of watching all his friends and loved ones having to come to terms with the grief of his death; something that very few shows do.

Funniest deaths?

Any of the hits from MXC.  Though the people aren't technically dead, those hits look like they should at least rupture a few organs or shatter some vertebrae. :)

You didn't ruffled mine! Not feathers but hairs of course.

Well, feathers are little more than modified hairs, so in that case...

*ruffle* *ruffle* *ruffle*

There? Now do you feel speshul? :p

Ha! Ha! :p

I had a chance to see Gundam F91 over the weekend at Otakon and I have a new addition to the stupidest deat ever.

There is a scene, somewhat near the beginning, where there is a fierce battle raging inside a colony between gundams. As you can imagine there was some collateral damage (civilians). There was a lady holding her baby running past a large Gundam (that was sporting two huge automatic cannons over its shoulders). As the Gundam was shooting its guns at automatic speed it was, naturally, spitting out a ton of shell cases. The shell casings were huge, like three or four feet tall. One of the ejecting cases thwacked the lady and killed her.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You wouldn't believe how many people spontaneously burst out into laughter at the showing when it happened.

I mean really, what a stupid way to have a person die. She died from being hit by an ejected shell case. She wasn't shot, stepped on, had her building blown up, or anything else you would expect for a casualty of war. She was thwacked by a huge, empty, shell casing.

I thought Spike's death was implied from the very begining of the show. Considering the influences of the show, there was very little chance he was going to live through the series.

The stupidest deaths go to Gundam. What the F man. Who is going to spout off about the nature of the universe while their MS is in the process of getting ready to blow up. Pop the hatch and at least make a damn attempt to escape moron!

Funniest deaths go to Star Fleet. What a bunch of useless tools. My amusment at their expense is always a good thing.

I had a chance to see Gundam F91 over the weekend at Otakon and I have a new addition to the stupidest deat ever.

There is a scene, somewhat near the beginning, where there is a fierce battle raging inside a colony between gundams. As you can imagine there was some collateral damage (civilians). There was a lady holding her baby running past a large Gundam (that was sporting two huge automatic cannons over its shoulders). As the Gundam was shooting its guns at automatic speed it was, naturally, spitting out a ton of shell cases. The shell casings were huge, like three or four feet tall. One of the ejecting cases thwacked the lady and killed her.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You wouldn't believe how many people spontaneously burst out into laughter at the showing when it happened.

I mean really, what a stupid way to have a person die. She died from being hit by an ejected shell case. She wasn't shot, stepped on, had her building blown up, or anything else you would expect for a casualty of war. She was thwacked by a huge, empty, shell casing.

JM's right, the place erupted in laughter when she got beaned by the spent shell casing.

Come to think of it, that first fight scene in F91 takes place in the streets of a colony, and I have never seen so much collateral damage in Gundam. They were whacking civilains left and right, and that's not to mention the occasional holes shot into the solar panel/windows causing decompression.

In a later scene, there are some people in a shuttle floating outside the colony, and you see a panel rupture, and all this stuff start flying out. Including a dog, and some woman's legs as they rush by the windows of the shuttle.

NICE!

the Zabusa link isn't working for me....

i click on "music videos" and it takes me to a page with a google search line and a add, nothing else.

wtf?

http://www.narutochuushin.com/

takes me to this:

http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php?cat...age=musicvideos

is it just me? i don't know what to do. very annoying

After reading through the thread, I have to agree with a bunch of them.

Best: Zabuza, he kick major @$$, but Spike's death was good too. Yeah, you knew it was coming but it fit the series.

Funniest: Kakizaki. I love watching Max's head turn as the missle goes flying by to hit Kakizaki's valk.

Worst death because I was pissed about it: Hughes from FMA. He was my favorite supporting character!!! I think they did a good job since you actually CARED that he died and wasn't there specifically to be killed.

Hey, Max, why is the Uchiha clan deaths funniest?!?!

the Zabusa link isn't working for me....

i click on "music videos" and it takes me to a page with a google search line and a add, nothing else.

wtf?

http://www.narutochuushin.com/

takes me to this:

http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php?cat...age=musicvideos

is it just me? i don't know what to do. very annoying

Hmmm, how strange. What I did though Nor, was to simply click the second link you posted (the one that ends in music videos) and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the 'Download Now' part of the Linkin Park movie.

Be patient though cos the D/L takes around 20-25 secs to start, but you'll be glad once you've got it as it's one of the best AMV's EVAR! :D

Mwu in Gundam Seed. Didn't want to see him go, but he went out with some style, shielding the Archangel.

Mwu's death was cool, and don't forget what he said before he died, "I can make the impossible possible!" He was my favorite character in SEED, he resembled Roy. :(

.....but Spike's on Cowboy Bebop was the most surprising and sad.

Damn! I didn't know that! That is sad! Equally as sad was Kagero's death in Ninja Scroll.

You mean, there was still a person left in the world that didn't know Spike dies? :D

God damn it! I didn't know that!!!! I barely picked up Cowboy Bebop!!! ARGH!!! :angry: