Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Then Sword Pack was used a total of 3 times it seems on the Strike Gundam itself.

Heliopolis, Artemis, Destroying Blitz. I believe that was the last time the Sword Pack was used.

Cagalli used it in the sky grasper a few times too while in the desert.

As for Blast Impulse, maybe once they get back in space they'll use it a little more.

I think the sword pack was also used in one of the underwater battles just after archangel left the desert.

Destiny actually looks better in kit form then artwork, I'll probabaly end up buying it n one scale or another regardless.

You're right, he used the Sword pack once underwater to fight the aquatic mobile suits, so we're up to a whopping 4 times being used!!!

Then Sword Pack was used a total of 3 times it seems on the Strike Gundam itself.

Heliopolis, Artemis, Destroying Blitz. I believe that was the last time the Sword Pack was used.

Cagalli used it in the sky grasper a few times too while in the desert.

As for Blast Impulse, maybe once they get back in space they'll use it a little more.

I think the sword pack was also used in one of the underwater battles just after archangel left the desert.

Destiny actually looks better in kit form then artwork, I'll probabaly end up buying it n one scale or another regardless.

You're right, he used the Sword pack once underwater to fight the aquatic mobile suits, so we're up to a whopping 4 times being used!!!

It still has Blast Impulse beat.

Episode 23 was insane. I really enjoyed seeing Kira in action again. Heine....after watching that, I can't put much blame on Kira but him(Heine) being to cocky(justified though) it seems, him not actually paying attention to who he is fighting or was just fighting(this is what really does him in I think), being shocked and just being in the wrong place.

I did find it interesting that Kira didn't seem to care in the least what happen to him as well. He just flew off to the Archangel, leaving Athrun behind in the Saviour. Though I don't think Kira even knows Athrun is in that since Kira was about to attack the Saviour as well.

I can't wait for the subbed version. I rarely watch a raw episode but I just had to for this episode. Glad I did as well. :D

I want Yunna to die in the worst way now. :angry:

Did Kira sense Neo or something? He did the newtype ping look without the little spark and noise, and then they cut to a shot of Neo. I might add it was nice to see Zaft get beat up a little, considering they been kicking EA's ass the whole series. But then again it was Kira doing all the ass kicking, not the EA troops.

Did Kira sense Neo or something? He did the newtype ping look without the little spark and noise, and then they cut to a shot of Neo. I might add it was nice to see Zaft get beat up a little, considering they been kicking EA's ass the whole series. But then again it was Kira doing all the ass kicking, not the EA troops.

I haven't seen it yet, but maybe it was reaction to Neo's style, maybe he fights like Mwu.

Did Kira sense Neo or something?  He did the newtype ping look without the little spark and noise, and then they cut to a shot of Neo.  I might add it was nice to see Zaft get beat up a little, considering they been kicking EA's ass the whole series.  But then again it was Kira doing all the ass kicking, not the EA troops.

I haven't seen it yet, but maybe it was reaction to Neo's style, maybe he fights like Mwu.

Neo wasn't fighting.

Kira's reaction was much like Mu's reaction to Rau in the first couple of episodes, before they developed the Newtype pings.

post-26-1111892158.gif

Yes, Kira did sense something (Newtype!). No newtype ping or flash, however.

I can't put much blame on Kira but him(Heine) being to cocky(justified though) it seems, him not actually paying attention to who he is fighting or was just fighting(this is what really does him in I think), being shocked and just being in the wrong place.

Heine was just in the wrong place/wrong time. Just as everybody else in Freedom's path, Heine was wondering what was going on. Stellar was too concerned with going after Freedom.

I did find it interesting that Kira didn't seem to care in the least what happen to him as well. He just flew off to the Archangel, leaving Athrun behind in the Saviour. Though I don't think Kira even knows Athrun is in that since Kira was about to attack the Saviour as well.

Archangel did have to fall back. Cagalli's message didn't go through. They had no choice but to go to plan B, disable everybody on the way out.

Archangel did have to fall back. Cagalli's message didn't go through. They had no choice but to go to plan B, disable everybody on the way out.

What a great Plan B! :D

Just saw episode 23 as well.

Man, the way they keep building up Kira and Freedom, he almost comes across as a Max Jenius style pacifist Amuro Rey in a more powerful Nu Gundam. Everytime Kira is on screen with the Freedom, its like he has no peer on the battlefield, and the Freedom is also being built up as the ultimate mobile suit. I'm under the opinion he'd probably be able to take out Athrun. I like how Shinn didn't even know what the hell hit him when Kira stepped to him.

I'm really starting to get bored with Cagalli. I didn't really care for her much in Seed, and in Destiny, she's getting really annoying with her constant whining and angst over Orb and what not. You don't want anyone to fight, we get it, stop ramming it down our throats already.

Just saw episode 23 as well.

Man, the way they keep building up Kira and Freedom, he almost comes across as a Max Jenius style pacifist Amuro Rey in a more powerful Nu Gundam. Everytime Kira is on screen with the Freedom, its like he has no peer on the battlefield, and the Freedom is also being built up as the ultimate mobile suit. I'm under the opinion he'd probably be able to take out Athrun. I like how Shinn didn't even know what the hell hit him when Kira stepped to him.

I'm really starting to get bored with Cagalli. I didn't really care for her much in Seed, and in Destiny, she's getting really annoying with her constant whining and angst over Orb and what not. You don't want anyone to fight, we get it, stop ramming it down our throats already.

She's starting to turn into another Relena, which doesn't make me happy at all. I had enough of Relena's "we can't fight" crap in Wing, and the first Seed put just enough in not annoy you. Now she's spewing that stuff in a situation where you don't have anymore choice but to fight, and kick ass quickly so it doesn't drag out anymore. At least Cagalli isn't voicing pacifism, but it's still kind of annoying, since its obvious even her own nation isn't going to listen to her. She wasn't able to handle being sovereign of that state. If she was she would have told Yuna and co. to screw off it's being done her way, but no.

Athrun's gained points in this show (I wasn't a real fan of him in the first show), but she's lost some this time.

I'm really starting to get bored with Cagalli.  I didn't really care for her much in Seed, and in Destiny, she's getting really annoying with her constant whining and angst over Orb and what not.  You don't want anyone to fight, we get it, stop ramming it down our throats already.

She's starting to turn into another Relena, which doesn't make me happy at all. I had enough of Relena's "we can't fight" crap in Wing, and the first Seed put just enough in not annoy you. Now she's spewing that stuff in a situation where you don't have anymore choice but to fight, and kick ass quickly so it doesn't drag out anymore. At least Cagalli isn't voicing pacifism, but it's still kind of annoying, since its obvious even her own nation isn't going to listen to her. She wasn't able to handle being sovereign of that state. If she was she would have told Yuna and co. to screw off it's being done her way, but no.

Athrun's gained points in this show (I wasn't a real fan of him in the first show), but she's lost some this time.

Actually, Cagalli was pretty much in a no win situation. Even if she told Yuna to screw off, the captain of the Orb carrier would've still continue to follow Yuna's orders.

The reason is simple, the captain in charge of the Orb squadron is responsible for his men and to a lesser extent his country. He figures correctly that if he suddenly decided to be neutral, his fleet would be screwed, the same goes for Orb.

His fleet is essentially thousands of miles from home, he'd have to cross over enemy territory, and he'd never make it that far. The EA would just keep pounding his fleet until it all went under. Cagalli wouldn't sanction that fleet joining ZAFT due to her neutality stance, so basically, that fleet would have no support and couldn't make it home. Orb is in big trouble since they would now be minus what seem to be a pretty large force and their own country is significantly weakened against any potential EA attack for breaking treaty.

The situation had to play out that way. You really can't blame Cagalli cause let's face it, she's just a kid and doesn't understand what she would be asking other people to do. The best time to tell Yuna and company to go to hell would've been back in episode 8 or 9. Then at least things would have been more tenable.

I meant before She had to be "kidnapped" by Kira, before they made her sign the treaty. She should have been able to fight Yuna and his dad off then. Now it's too late for her.

Edited by Anubis

There was no one else in that boardroom who supported her position though, she was totally intimidated by force of numbers.

The very fact that they were watching Minerva leave their waters in Orbs war room without her knowing shows that they would have continued to do whatever they wish no matter what she said.

There was no one else in that boardroom who supported her position though, she was totally intimidated by force of numbers.

The very fact that they were watching Minerva leave their waters in Orbs war room without her knowing shows that they would have continued to do whatever they wish no matter what she said.

well, she could've always resorted to pulling out her little brother with his unstoppable war machine. Calls in the parlimentary meeting, and then make a phone call: "cough cough, I am feel naseous, will be 15 minutes late." In the interim, Kira accidentally blows up the building...

Ok, it's a real good point though. She was just in a bad spot, the fact her only mentors were the people who wanted to usurp her pretty much screwed her.

well, she could've always resorted to pulling out her little brother with his unstoppable war machine. Calls in the parlimentary meeting, and then make a phone call: "cough cough, I am feel naseous, will be 15 minutes late." In the interim, Kira accidentally blows up the building...

Ok, it's a real good point though. She was just in a bad spot, the fact her only mentors were the people who wanted to usurp her pretty much screwed her.

Agreed, it was a no-win situation. Cagalli has now, tried everything she could to not involve ORB in the war, but everything she's tried has failed. Cagalli is not so much trying to stop a war but, trying to keep ORB out of the mess. That is the reason why she went out. ORB is her home country. First and foremost, Cagalli is doing what she should as a leader, protecting her country. She already tried to stop the war and it didn't work. Now she tried to stop her own people from getting involved. That has now failed. She doesn't have many options left but to do things the hard way...again.

Just watched the subbed version of ep.23

Two words

JOY GASM

Oh yeah! Hot and steamy MS-on-MS action! Wow, what a great ep! Destiny has a lot of talking heads, but when they pull out the Mobile Suits do they ever! Seeing Kira with Freedom just owning everyone on the battle field made me tingly all over!

The only thing I was disappointed with in this ep was Shinn.....I was hoping he'd react more strongly to Freedom, but he just sort of stood around with his mouth open until Impulse's arm got cut off. Boo

Destiny rules, period!

Edited by Magnus

yeah, H2T2 is out too, so you might want to look for that instead, I heard the Ani-Rupt didn't translate that good this time, oh there's also another group now call cellphone2 :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway,, there's only 1 word for this ep,, OWNED :rolleyes:

And Kira having Newtype powers is slowly comming to light,, there's the part where he senced Flray and Raw at the end of Seed, and now Neo? hmm perhap there is more to this Ultimate Coordinator thing.

Yah Cellphone is what I just watched. H2T2 I was getting the same ttime but Cellphone was done first.

Yah I also think that being the Ultimate Coordinator that he is, he has a better chance to have newtype powers.

And I love how Kira and Freedom are still OWNing the other mobile suits, though he didnt go against Athrun... <_< Id love to see Freedom vs Savior. Just for a few rounds. hehe ;)

Did Kira sense Neo or something?  He did the newtype ping look without the little spark and noise, and then they cut to a shot of Neo.  I might add it was nice to see Zaft get beat up a little, considering they been kicking EA's ass the whole series.  But then again it was Kira doing all the ass kicking, not the EA troops.

Neo wasn't fighting.

Kira's reaction was much like Mu's reaction to Rau in the first couple of episodes, before they developed the Newtype pings.

If that's evolution and not genetic tampering then Cagali should have the same ability.

And I love how Kira and Freedom are still OWNing the other mobile suits, though he didnt go against Athrun... <_<  Id love to see Freedom vs Savior. Just for a few rounds. hehe  ;)

If you watched carefully, when Gaia jump to attack Freedom with its wing sabers, Freedom is aiming for someone (could be Saviour), Kira also noticed the Saviour on his left, he`s not shoot it yet since Saviour isn`t fighting like everyone else.

Being the Ultimate Coordinator has nothing to do with being a Newtype. What the Ultimate Coordinator means is that as a Coordinator, he came out perfect, no genetic anomalies of any kind. Re-watch ep. 45 of SEED. In it, they explain that the biggest problem with Coordinators is the mother's womb. To fix that, Dr. Hibiki created the artificial womb. No interference from the mother. Everything the embryo receives is pure and un-tampered. To that, Kira came out as the perfect Coordinator. No deviations from the original plan. His eye color, hair, and every other part of his biological make-up came out exactly as planned. In addition to that, Kira was the only one to survive the artificial womb.

Kira's "Newtype" senses are manifesting from his SEED factor, not his Coordinator status. Naturals and Coordinators have the potential, but many have yet to reach that point that few have (Cagalli, Athrun, Lacus, Shinn. Kira is probably a bit more advanced that the previous mentioned). Given time, Kira's "Newtype" abilities would probably match that of Mu or Le Crueset.

Poor Heine. That death was just as bad as when Nicol went down, maybe even worse.

What was the point of Dulindall assigning Heine to the Minerva in the first place? You already had Athrun as the MS team leader and member of FAITH on board along with the Captain. I'd care more about Heine if they didn't kill the guy off so damn fast after introducing him.

What was the point of Dulindall assigning Heine to the Minerva in the first place? You already had Athrun as the MS team leader and member of FAITH on board along with the Captain. I'd care more about Heine if they didn't kill the guy off so damn fast after introducing him.

They probably just wanted some way to show off the Gouf. And get us to say, whoa cool I want a kit of that.

What was the point of Dulindall assigning Heine to the Minerva in the first place?  You already had Athrun as the MS team leader and member of FAITH on board along with the Captain.  I'd care more about Heine if they didn't kill the guy off so damn fast after introducing him.

They probably just wanted some way to show off the Gouf. And get us to say, whoa cool I want a kit of that.

Could be true....:lol:

and later they find out that ZAFT is making an army of Gouf Igniteds with lots of Heines, ala Jango Fett Clone Wars.....all better than the average "Zaku" pilot. ;)

Nah, they needed to kill an important Zaft character, you can't kill off Shin, main character, you can't kill Ray cuz you whant to see him fighting Neo, and you can't kill Luna, wouldn't please the "fans" ;) So they got some other guy come in, introduce himself, make him look all friendly and important, and them BAM you got your dead Zaft character, plus you show off a Gouf, Gouf's are nice B))