GRAHAM!

Lt. Adamovic

Actually, I was refering to the fact that certain knowledge was abused in the past. I have the impression that Yamato was upset with that abuse and in turn stopped sharing info about it's products.

Yamato has had problems with secrecy, we even had someone here blow a cover

(was it the 1/48 1J?) which Yamato wasn't quite happy with

ever since then info has been nill

Thank the ones responsible for that, G-man and Yamato weren't

the only thing that doesn't jive w/ the yamato situation & our forum here,is the issues w/ hg trying to block yamatos from importation.i would think in that reguard,yamato would find us to be useful.honest fan wants & desires w/o the coorperate legal maneuvers crap.i would think that if they saw how much people here really wanted their valkyries,they'd feel more confident to give hg the finger & push to get them here.just my $0.02. :)

Well, it seems Yamato is not our kind friend anymore. What a pity.

Manu

Yamato was never our "friend" to begin with. They are in business to make money, not friends. If they were out to make friends they'd sell 1/48s for 1000 yen or less lol

Well.... we could all sell our Yamatos in protest and buy only Toynami...

:lol:

Whatever. As long as they make cool toys, they can be as secretive as they like about it. MW was always more about us and less about them, y'know?

well,your right blaine.yamato's strong stateside following is cause of our enjoyment of their product.doesn't matter if they don't like us.we've created demand for their wares here.i'll support them soley cause they have a superior product.if they don't like me......well,then fiddle-faddle on them. :p

Well.... we could all sell our Yamatos in protest and buy only Toynami...

:lol:

Whatever. As long as they make cool toys, they can be as secretive as they like about it. MW was always more about us and less about them, y'know?

hell yeah, this isn't yamatoworld!

Well someone mentioned the "Golden Age" which to me was when I first started visiting the old forums 7 or so years back and people were clamoring for the 1990 VF-1S Bandai reissue and Joons Valkyries :blink: That's right Joons. Because those were all that you could find. Unless you wanted to hit EBay or search the web intensely and pay $600- $1,200 for an original Takatoku or DYRL Bandai. There was no going online to your favorite e-tailer or popping into your local comic shop and picking up a brand new minty fresh NRFB Valkyrie for under $50.00. That was a fantasy. Now it's reality. I'm happy that we have a constant flow of new Macross products to be able to speculate about. I hope it never changes. Here's to the new Golden Age!

i concure superdemensionaldave.sits beside him at the council fire of the elders & stokes flames w/ walking stick.i too,came in the times of olde.i came here in the tail-end of the 1/55 ostrich/elint valks going for $800-1000 on ebay.bad time for a begginner valk collector.it was expensive to hang here then.now,we have better valks & you could almost say there plentiful,not quite,but almost.if yamato continues to "keep it real" w/ their valks,i'm not concerned what they think of us personally.fans are like that.it's to be expected.someone spilled the beans here about a future release of theirs? well,what real harm did that do? it's not like they're the skunkworks working on something security sensitive.if anything,it helped them cause folks had a chance to set some $ aside to get that new release.they're competitors aren't even any competition.lower class all together.

MW FAQ

how to tell your valk is a 1st release or reissue.

first release, the nose cone falls off without even touching it, the skull emblem is crooked on the tailfins, the flaps are really loose, you need super human strength to get the front landing gear doors open and the head rest is missing the "scoop".

re-issues, doesn't have any of the above mentioned problems. LOL :D

whens the YF-19 w/FPs coming out?

its never coming out. keep hoping and be disappointed.

will yamato ever re-release the low viz?

when the definition of "limited" changes to "unlimited".

i broke my 1/48, where can i find the part i need?

check HERE or go to HLJ.com to request your parts.

where i can find a 1/48 dealer near me?

check HERE or HERE

where can i find a 1/48 cheap?

unless you're in HK or surrounding area you can't.

whats next in line for the 1/48's?

your guess is as good as mine?

why is everyone so mean?

because its more than fun than being nice.

why can't Graham give us the low down on yamato?

because they voted him off yamato island.

where i can find.... "fill in the blank"?

try the "search" function, it works!

good...bad...i'm the guy with the gun.

Isn't there a MW rule against long-ass signatures like these?

Great. Now change the title to "MW UNOFFFICIAL FAQ" and it might be acceptable. :p

Otherwise, like the "Don't discuss prices. . ." sig, people might mistake it for some official MW thingy.

H

Edited by Hurin

The issue here is Y's secrecy. What's the big deal, they practically have no competitors. Giving fans more info won't give the other toy manufacturers a competitive advantage.

After buying my 1st 1/48, i'm not excited for the line anymore since there is no info forthcoming.

:angry:

The issue here is Y's secrecy. What's the big deal, they practically have no competitors. Giving fans more info won't give the other toy manufacturers a competitive advantage.

After buying my 1st 1/48, i'm not excited for the line anymore since there is no info forthcoming.

:angry:

well, I can see why they would want to control the flow of info...

knowing what the future releases are may negatively affect sales of products released today or near future.

seeing early prototypes may posion the well if the final release does not live up to expectations... or early prototypes may prejudice the market against their product.

may create demand for a product that was terminated in early stages, leading to fan disapointment...

may create unreasonable anticipation for product to be released by giving the impression that they are farther along than they actually are...

gives competitors a time frame for when to release their cool toy/model... doesn't have to be macross related, could be any other franchise, I'm sure most people don't buy everything that hits the markets.

I suppose there are other legit reasons, but let's not forget the main one:

Yamato is EVIL and wants and plots to make our lives miserable!!! Grrrrr, evil yamato!!!

:p

Yamato is EVIL and wants and plots to make our lives miserable!!! Grrrrr, evil yamato!!!

Yeah, uhm by making toys for macross fans??? :huh:

yes!!! see how evil they are??? EVIL!!! they provide fans toys and merchandise of a quality and diversity never before seen.... but at what cost???

forcing hundreds, if not thousands of people to spend their hard earned cash on toys that have little die cast content!

Not picking a scale for their nefarious machinations!

Sometimes, once in a great while, shipping a toy that is missing an accessory item or worse a manufacturing defect!

Not providing people outside their company detailed information on their business practices!

Toys, that some say are more like models than toys.... I say again, MODELS!!!

please, won't somebody think of the children???

edit: fixed spelling error, though there may be more....

Edited by eugimon

haterist, that is an awesome signature!

Sigh. Again with this? Clay, ever since an argument didn't go your way a looong time ago, you've just loved

dropping by every disagreement I have with anyone (but especially haterist) and just reflexivly taking the other side just to irk me and draw me into another flame-fest. I realize you apparently hated losing that debate a long time ago and did not take it well. But, be a big boy and let it go? Okay? It's sorta creepy the way you apparently hold a grudge.

I'd say more. But debating you is likewise pointless because you have a habit of coming back hours later and erasing what you wrote so that you'll no longer look like you were ever baiting me, long after (judging by the edit time stamps) what you have written has been addressed.

I Don't have time for your trolling BS. Go find another crush to tag along behind. From now on, I'll just quote this post back to you whenever you address me or so obviously engage in your well-established pattern of baiting me. It'll save time and I won't have to bother with you. This post is already infinitely more than you deserve.

H

Edited by Hurin

I`m not sure of the exact reason Yamato is not talking to Graham, but I do have a strong inkling that Yamato does not like the Macrossworld forums.

Many of the employees lurk here because they like the fan customs, but the upper management dispises the negative threads and the bad publicity generated by them.

Do not expect any official news about Yamato releases on this forum. Asking and speculating only makes them more upset.

I've got a feeling Yamato doesn't trust MW any more either. But, it's not for those reasons.

scand is defintely right. yamato gets mopney regardless of whether this site exists or NOT. Fanbase in japan was enough for them to even restart the seemingly dead toy license and look what happened. They are going towards the japanese market, not us. We just happen to be kind of the sole source for info ever since valkyrie scramble's admin left to become a father. Yamato could care less what we say negative or not.

"Boss desu, many fans want to know more info!"

Yamato higher up"who cares? let' em be surprised"

"boss they are complaining!"

Yh"you see that money bag there? where do you think THAT came from? "

Though yes this site is an important meeting point for macross fans all over don't ever think it is that influential to yamato. I hate to say it but the truth is the yen speaks more than we will ever do, and we been kept in the dark since what a year now? And during that year did you hear yamato get pissed about how we complain? NOPE! they simply kept going regardless of whether we bitched or not.

So point is, Yamato don't care what we say and how we bitch. THey care for the YEN. And the YEN they get regardless of whether we bitch or not. It is true.

I think eugimon and scand are correct.

I also think eugimon and scand are correct. It is very likely a combination of factors that resulted in Yamato cutting contact with Graham. Very likely more things going on that we dont know about. I was just making some educated guesses based on my limited conversation with one Yamato employe.

While you say that they could care less, they cared enough to initiate contact way back when, and then cut it off. What they care about is unknown, but its a definite that they care enough to apply direct pressure on their employees to avoid talking to any Macrossworlders.

that maybe true but it wasnt themselves who initiated contact, it was through the efforts of Shawn and Graham that we got connected to yamato. INitially before he whole toynami debacle and before George Sohon left toycom, this dude named JEsse used to give info and in a way toycom reps were indirect sources of info from yamato. It was a steady cut off. The whole revelation of future plans by quadrono and such may have gotten them mad for whatever reason. They are bigger than what they were, they dont need us as much, with the expreience they have gained enough knowledge to know they can make stuff that sells regardless of our opinions.

I`m not sure of the exact reason Yamato is not talking to Graham, but I do have a strong inkling that Yamato does not like the Macrossworld forums.

Many of the employees lurk here because they like the fan customs, but the upper management dispises the negative threads and the bad publicity generated by them.

Do not expect any official news about Yamato releases on this forum. Asking and speculating only makes them more upset.

I've got a feeling Yamato doesn't trust MW any more either. But, it's not for those reasons.

Sad, yet so true! :(