Jack Black is......The Green Lantern

Actually, from a marketing perspective it's a wise move. The Green Lantern isn't one of the bigger superheroes around so in order to draw more audiences in, you cast someone who appeals to the youth market since that's where the superhero movies are targeted anyway. It's long been known film companys don't care what us fanboys think.

-NOS

This is what happens when you put Canadians in charge

The Green Lantern isn't one of the bigger superheroes around so in order to draw more audiences in, you cast someone who appeals to the youth market since that's where the superhero movies are targeted anyway.

At least do themselves a favor and cast the Green Lantern as someone who fits the role. Considering that, heaven forbid, Jack Black DOES pull in fans for the GL franchise. None of the newbies will recognize the slim Green Lantern.

I think this Green Lantern movie will kick ass.

No Schwarzenegger = not good movie

Well, in a way every superhero movie is about Arnold. I mean Arnold is the closes thing we have to God, Jesus, or Superman, so the movie doesn't really need to have Arnold in it to have the Schwarzenegger influence.

You have Arnold Schwarzenegger bed sheets and pillows don't you? ;)

Well my sheets are fit to touch the skin of a perfect physique... I mean, I DO sleep on them. So sorta.

The Green Lantern isn't one of the bigger superheroes around so in order to draw more audiences in, you cast someone who appeals to the youth market since that's where the superhero movies are targeted anyway.

At least do themselves a favor and cast the Green Lantern as someone who fits the role. Considering that, heaven forbid, Jack Black DOES pull in fans for the GL franchise. None of the newbies will recognize the slim Green Lantern.

well, the thing about the GL mythology is that there are so many of them... jack doesn't have to be Hal Jordan or even the new guy, he could be random dude with GL ring... kinda like this new catwoman movie...

but I agree with you on this one.. I think marvel is being much smarter about tying in their movies to their comics.

I like JB but this makes absolutely no sense. You'd think that WB would learn from the success of the marvel films and emulate their approach. Sad to say I bet this movie will either break even or make some profit.

I like JB but this makes absolutely no sense. You'd think that WB would learn from the success of the marvel films and emulate their approach. Sad to say I bet this movie will either break even or make some profit.

Or turn out as worse as Gigli. Canucks running WB, they just..........

Well... word filters are a lot farting funnier that Jack Black. That fat ass son of a bitch dickhead. <-- HA! no filters, because that's what he is!!! :D

I think you're starting to believe that word filters are a bit like gods now?

They allowed it. It must be true! :lol:

Well... word filters are a lot farting funnier that Jack Black.  That fat ass son of a bitch dickhead. <-- HA! no filters, because that's what he is!!! :D

you have to believe in gods to even make that statement... :p

I don't see why they have to call it a GL movie. Just take the same concept and run with it but don't put the GL label on it because it will be so far removed from the GL universe that it'll be unrecognizable.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

I don't see why they have to call it a GL movie. Just take the same concept and run with it but don't put the GL label on it because it will be so far removed from the GL universe that it'll be unrecognizable.

WOAH! cool Megatron avatar!

Well... word filters are a lot farting funnier that Jack Black.  That fat ass son of a bitch dickhead. <-- HA! no filters, because that's what he is!!! :D

you have to believe in gods to even make that statement... :p

Quiet... they'll hear you. Their wrath is strong, >EXO<... do not tempt them further.

I don't see why they have to call it a GL movie.  Just take the same concept and run with it but don't put the GL label on it because it will be so far removed from the GL universe that it'll be unrecognizable. 

WOAH! cool Megatron avatar!

What they need to do is make a new animated Transformers movie, in which Megatron and Optimus Prime team up and curbstomp every single character from Beast Wars to Energon.

"Their defenses are broken, let the curb stomping begin!"

"Hasbro must be stopped, no matter the cost."

That would make a great movie.