VF-1SOL-S (from Scrambled Valkyrie)

mmmmm ?

It says the site will be back soon , why the topic on the VF-1SOL :huh: ?

Anyway , I assume you´ve done a page on this valk so I´m eagerly expecting it :)

Thanks for working so hard for us fans ;)

Have you seen any other Macross site with VF-1SOL-S lineart? : )

It must be seen by fans.

Awesome! A VF-1 with a Sound Booster! :p

I never knew lineart of this Valkyrie existed, much less that it was designed by Kawamori himself. I always assumed it was by Ohta or another of the ELS designers. If you don't mind my asking, which book was this scanned from?

secret long lost source material mauhahah hahaaa

mmmmm ?

It says the site will be back soon , why the topic on the VF-1SOL  :huh: ?

Anyway , I assume you´ve done a page on this valk so I´m eagerly expecting it  :)

Thanks for working so hard for us fans ;)

Have you seen any other Macross site with VF-1SOL-S lineart? : )

It must be seen by fans.

Soory , for some reason I couldn´t see the pic on the page. :rolleyes:

Now , after seen such a beauty I have to say : WHY THE HECK YAMATO CAN´T PRODUCE A TOY OF THE 1SOL !!!!! :angry::lol:

In the VF-1 vs VF-0 debate thread a long time ago I used the 1SOL as a refference for my theory on the ramifications of the VF-0 testbed trials (if

the 1SOl was cannon of course)

I´ve said this many times before but MHO is that the 1SOL should be the basis as to how the VF-1 should look like in Ep.5 if it was to appear.

Awesome mecha design , wish it was more sgowcased in hobby mags or illustrations.

Awesome! A VF-1 with a Sound Booster! :p

I never knew lineart of this Valkyrie existed, much less that it was designed by Kawamori himself. I always assumed it was by Ohta or another of the ELS designers. If you don't mind my asking, which book was this scanned from?

Funny but those ain´t sound boosters , itwas never mentioned in Scrambled valk that it was a sound booster , I would say it´s more of a energy abosrbtion pod or something else.

I remeber we had a long debate about whether it was designed by Kawamori himself or not , I´ve yet to hear any definitive prove or either position but I hope it does , though from what I remember it didn´t appear on MDW book

Hey look! The test type for the Stampede Valk!

Yet another VF-1 derivative never seen before. So if this is a long-lost source, why is it secret? Or is it on the Macrossworld site and we just haven't seen it?

And I'm not sure those are speakers. They could be anything. Like Micro missiles. Or a really really big beam cannon array. The gun looks like a zentran dental tool

I remeber we had a long debate about whether it was designed by Kawamori himself or not , I´ve yet to hear any definitive prove or either position but I hope it does , though from what I remember it didn´t appear on MDW book

Yup, I was a doubter. Looking at this picture, though, I think it was designed/drawn by Kawamori. The shape of the nose cone looks like an early version of his later Valks.

Yup, I was a doubter. Looking at this picture, though, I think it was designed/drawn by Kawamori. The shape of the nose cone looks like an early version of his later Valks.

Yeah , there are a lot of things in the design that make me believe it was Kawamori-sama , that or the guy who did the 1SOL is now helping Kawamori with the designs in M0.

Notice the the incredibly VF-0-ish looking joints on that valk

the head unit compared to the VF-0S

the nosecone

the feet

the hands

We could keep this on and on . IMO this is no coincidence , there are too many similarities between the two designs , something which is quite interestig considering the 1SOL design is A LOT older than the VF-0S.

Awesome!  A VF-1 with a Sound Booster!  :p

I never knew lineart of this Valkyrie existed, much less that it was designed by Kawamori himself.  I always assumed it was by Ohta or another of the ELS designers.  If you don't mind my asking, which book was this scanned from?

Funny but those ain´t sound boosters , itwas never mentioned in Scrambled valk that it was a sound booster , I would say it´s more of a energy abosrbtion pod or something else.

If I recall, it's officially designated a "Minmay Beam".

Which sounds like a poor man's sound booster to me. :p

Eh, never mind. Tehre's no evidence the "minmay beam" originates from those panels.

Where do they fold to for fighter mode, anyways?

Edited by JB0

Awesome!  A VF-1 with a Sound Booster!  :p

Dude, I was joking. Hence the " :p " Besides, who would want to hear Hikaru sing?

:)

The new Disclaimer looks great.

Thanks, a lot of us were hoping for a better pic than from the game or the game box.

"secret long lost source material mauhahah hahaaa "

That's just cruel man, :)

"If I recall, it's officially designated a "Minmay Beam"."

What are the game effects? That would at least get us closer....

I gotta agree, in my half asleep state it looks a helluva lot like a VF-0. I'm surprised none of us (that have played the game at least) noticed this before.

Thanks, a lot of us were hoping for a better pic than from the game or the game box.

The game effects were as follows:

If you stop firing your weapon, a field of some sort develops around the valkyrie. If you touch certain enemies with this field, they convert to your side and start shooting at enemies. You can only do this with one enemy at a time, and once I had one I was never able to get a different one (it stayed with you), so I always did my best to wait for a Glaug or Nas-Jer to show up and use it on them

Wow, that really does look like a combination of the VF-0/1 with YF-19 feets. :lol:

Very cool though.

But seeing that just makes me wish Yamato would someday release a Stampede Valkyrie in 1/48... now I'd pay $200 for that badboy.... yes yes... (then another chuck of change to possibly have Jung make it red for me)

The game effects were as follows:

If you stop firing your weapon, a field of some sort develops around the valkyrie. If you touch certain enemies with this field, they convert to your side and start shooting at enemies. You can only do this with one enemy at a time, and once I had one I was never able to get a different one (it stayed with you), so I always did my best to wait for a Glaug or Nas-Jer to show up and use it on them

I could swap out pretty good.

You just gotta make sure the guy you're tagging is stealable. Otherwise your old guy retreats and you don't get a new one.

Also, since the Minmay Beam is the same size and shape regardless of mode, Fighter mode is best for vertical tagging, and battroid mode is best for horizontal tagging. Otherwise you get a lot of ramming damage(F mode is especially bad, as horizontal tagging is easier than vertical and the nose of the Valk touches the front edge of the Minmay Beam).

oooh, nice find!

does look a lot like the VF-0.... like the arms and head... suspicious.....

oooh, new baseless speculation!!! the VF-0 is actually a VF-1sol-s that fell through a warm hole and was reverse engineered by the UN, that's why it seems more advanced, because it is!!! :p

Wow, that really does look like a combination of the VF-0/1 with YF-19 feets. :lol:

Very cool though.

But seeing that just makes me wish Yamato would someday release a Stampede Valkyrie in 1/48... now I'd pay $200 for that badboy.... yes yes... (then another chuck of change to possibly have Jung make it red for me)

You've been in my dreams?

:blink::unsure: Ummm...for me, it's still saying "Opening soon..." :blink::unsure:

If the shoulder and leg arrays are designed to produce a field that emulates or amplifies the effects of Minmei's singing, it would be highly apochryphal, in that sound force technology wasn't designed till after the dissapearance of the Megaroad-01, before which this game took place. I would imagine that the field, produced by the arrays, surrounding the ship is electronic in nature and is designed to take control of enemy ships systems (which is reasonable, since the Zentran/U.N. Spacy alliance means that U.N.S has full knowledge of Zentran technology and design), much like the salvage corvette from the PC game, Homeworld. But it IS called the Minmei beam, however...

If the shoulder and leg arrays are designed to produce a field that emulates or amplifies the effects of Minmei's singing, it would be highly apochryphal, in that sound force technology wasn't designed till after the dissapearance of the Megaroad-01, before which this game took place. I would imagine that the field, produced by the arrays, surrounding the ship is electronic in nature and is designed to take control of enemy ships systems (which is reasonable, since the Zentran/U.N. Spacy alliance means that U.N.S has full knowledge of Zentran technology and design), much like the salvage corvette from the PC game, Homeworld. But it IS called the Minmei beam, however...

Just throw it in the pile of non-canon games along with 2036, Eternal Love Song, ETC.

It's interesting how closely it parallels some of the in-continuity development, though.

Just throw it in the pile of non-canon games along with 2036, Eternal Love Song, ETC.

I guess in game where your final enemy is a space demon baby, it really doesn't matter that you're using technology from 28 years into the future.

I guess in game where your final enemy is a space demon baby, it really doesn't matter that you're using technology from 28 years into the future.

"space demon Baby"...

A demon that is actually controlling the Zent fleet, and had them produce variations on exsting mecha...

A UN SPACY Valk that has a Minmei booster that converts the enemy....

Gee forget continuity- I figure this game was the INSPIRATION for M7!

Edited by daeudi