Gundam Astray

Aegis!

I´ve been browsing through the net for some weeks in search of a good quality , easy to build , neat looking Gundam Astray (red frame) kit and I hae to say , damn is it hard to find a reliable shop selling it :blink:

So in my quest for a nice astray kit I came across two items which stole my attention :

a) The 1/144 High Grade kit

and

b) The 1/100 scale kit

I´ve seen very few pics of both on the net but from what I saw the two of them seem to have a similar degree of articulation and detail (haven´t seen them on person though).

So here´s my question : Which is superior ? Which are the pros and cons of each kit ?

I would tend to think that the 1/100 is the best kit since it´s bigger but that little High Grade Title of the 1/144 kit is distracting.

*(note: I do know that there´s a crapy 1/144 kit and a HG version ;) )

Oh , And I would like to know if anyone knows which kit is this custom based on , the 1/144 or the 1/100 ? (difficult but if anyone knows please tell me , thanks)

Cheers

post-26-1089527745_thumb.jpg

Hey, what's up, AEGIS?!! Ya might wanna pick up the 1/100 kit. It is more articulated and is bigger. Believe me coz I have both the 1/100 'n da HG 1/144. Ya won't be sorry with the 1/100. (Man, I wish I can post a pic of mine! :( ). Anyway, that pic ya posted was made from a 1/100. What gave it away for me was the left hand, the one holding the garbera "holster". The 1/100 version comes with a left hand where the thumb is sticking up.

P.S.

This particular custom looks like a weird looking AMATU version, from MAR.2004 issue of the HOBBY JAPAN mag. :)

hi Aegis! you might want to get the 1/100 version it is very nice, the blue frame one is coming out this month the body is mainly the same but it has a incredible sword. i do not like the color on that astray in the pic you posted i like the normal red white version instead you will not be disapointed in the kit i highly recomned it .

Definately get the 1/100. 1/100's by default are HG if they are not MG (Master Grade). 1/144s on the other hand have the "grade-less" and "High Grade" kits. But the 1/100 is definately superior to the 1/144.

Lineart for Seed/MSV. Personally...I think the Red Astray's next upgrade sucks.....looks like it took 1 steroid too many....The blue frame's Phase Armour looks kinda cool though.

post-26-1089542991_thumb.jpg

Edited by wolfx

the blue frames sword looks awesome, i wonder if they will do any of the upgraded astrays next, i would not mind owning either of them

I enjoyed building my lil 1/100 Astray, but personally I wouldn't mind buying another one just to customize my own frame to something I'd call "my personal astray" a one of a kind :p

However, the hands HAVE TO BE interchanged if you wanna use different equpiment just like the 1/144's. To fully use the sword feature you gotta switch the left and right hand in order to get authenticity of holding a sword. Than if you wanna use a beam rifle, beam saber or shield you gotta switch back to the casual looking hands. I hate that, personally I think sure the hand that grips the sheath fine have one of those. But everything else should be atleast of normal HG or MG standards....or atleast PG standards and have individual poseable fingers.

The kit DOES have alot of pieces and a unique thing about the astray kit is that it is VEEEEERRRRRYYYY Poseable, I mean wildly more poseable than 90% of the Gundam kits out there. It'll do just about any pose you could think of and stand, not only that but the vernier pack can move around, it can be lowered, raised or slanted around, it's not just smacked dab on the back of the mobile suit, hell you can have it not there if you wanted too it's up to you. I think you can push the pack down to knee length and put the shield on the back....I can't remember.

While it's a great kit......it DOES have flaws like it's size isn't that great to me, I think it might actually be a lil smaller, I haven't compared it to the other frames...but I think it's spendy for what you get on the kit...espically from the dealer listed in the pervious post. That's where I got mine but for 30 bucks....HK dealers have it for half the price, but than again you wont see it probably for a few weeks.

CAn can I say , Thanks lads :lol:

Those pics looks awesome , now that I´ve seen all those varaints I love the Astray even more :D:)

It´s definitive then , I´ll get the 1/100 ;)

One more question though , what´s that Seed/MSV promo oav thing ?

Is it a new OVA series focused on the Astray or what ?

the red one is the sword calamity and the green one is the ginn high mobility type

Thanks. Can any of you provide a bigger pic of these?

sent u pm :rolleyes:

i have larger versions of all the pages originally posted in the thread

the red one is the sword calamity and the green one is the ginn high mobility type

Got your PM. Thanks. :D

Got your PM. Thanks. :D

i just hope you have broadband....or it's gonna take you a while to download all the pix :p

it looks like the 1/100 blue astray is out if anyone wants to see the pics i cannot wait to get it i just finished my providence Gundam awesome figure quite big to might I add. here is the link to the astray

blue frame astray

Edited by zeo-mare

it looks like the 1/100 blue astray is out if anyone wants to see the pics i cannot wait to get it i just finished my providence Gundam awesome figure quite big to might I add. here is the link to the astray

blue frame astray

Looks like the thing can't hold up its own sword.......sigh....