old cartoon question, king arthur?

NERV

i seem to rmember an old cartoon show about king arthur and his knights and such, i remember they could "power up" with the energy of different animals and them and their horses would get big armor and weapons, i tihnk i rmeber 2 of the animal energys being lion and pheonix, anyone know what im tlaking about?

Were the characters pretty young? I think they were teenagers from current time period that ended up in Arthurian times somehow. Arthur was the quarterback of a football team and all the knights were football players too. Does that sound familiar? I don't remember them having animal powers though.

Oh yeah, Arthur had a yellow suit of armor and his helment looked like a crown with a picture of excalibur on his chest.

Basically, that's the only King Arthur cartoon I remember.

Since we're on teh subject of King Arthur is anyone on MW going to see the new movie?

They sure made the right choice for Guinivere. Keira Knightly can handle my arrows ANYDAY :lol: , but everytime I see Clive Owen I think right back to my BMW Films DVD. :blink:

I just mentioned that psudo Anime/Archie-esque toon in the classic movie review "Excalibur" by areaseven. Thank goodness I'm not the only person who knows what King Arthur and the Knights of Justice is.

Here's a quick synopsis from what I remember. A football team called the Knights are sucked into a time vortex where they end up in the darkages.

I know there was a toyline by Mattel basicly recycling the original He-man toys not the crappy Anorexic He-man from the 90's, the Balco Steroid induced He-man from the 80's using the bodies with the Knights' faces w/ capes and sculpted armor which looked pretty cool they even had the slime-pit and armored chariots'.

Were the characters pretty young? I think they were teenagers from current time period that ended up in Arthurian times somehow. Arthur was the quarterback of a football team and all the knights were football players too. Does that sound familiar? I don't remember them having animal powers though.

Oh yeah, Arthur had a yellow suit of armor and his helment looked like a crown with a picture of excalibur on his chest.

Basically, that's the only King Arthur cartoon I remember.

That's the one I was thinking of too!

Yea I've been trying to find that show to download for ages buts its disapeared into the ages! I use to watch it & mighty max all the time! The story was a buncha football kids/team from this one school while ona bus trip to there way to another game got transported back into time & became king aurther & his knights I think a couple cheerleaders got sent back too as you know waht :p

They fought evil bad guys & monsters & the works &could power up with magic or some such which of corse you could see there horses & swords would become all glowly in colors ect! I remember one where the main guy went back to his own time for a little while for some reason pretty cool series

I remembered mechnical face guards that opened and closed. That was cool. And I remember baddied which fired missles (with spear warheads of course) :lol:

The story was a buncha football kids/team from this one school while ona bus trip to there way to another game got transported back into time & became king aurther & his knights I think a couple cheerleaders got sent back too as you know waht :p

If I recall, the premise was that Merlin brought them to fill in for the REAL King Arthur and the knights of the round table, because they were kidnapped.

Sidenote: Captain N did the football team thing first. :p

For reasons lost to the ages, Mother Brain decided to challenge the heroes to a game of football, filling her team out with Dr. Wily's boss robots.

And somehow, Kevin's high school football team was abducted to fill out our heroes' team. Along with his girlfriend.

Sometimes I wonder why I watched those things.

Didn't they make an Arcade/SNES game based on this show/toy line too?

EXCALIBUR BE MY STRENGTH! lol

Oh man, I loved the Knight's of the Round arcade game! I never played the SNES version but I hear it's as good as the arcade. Gotta go on eBay!

People actually liked this cartoon???

Hey, I happen to like the lameness of it. However, it had a kickass electric guitar opening theme. I used to get up at 7 am Sunday mornings back in the day just to hear it.

The story was a buncha football kids/team from this one school  while ona  bus trip to there way to another game got transported back into time & became king aurther & his knights  I think a couple cheerleaders got sent back too as you know waht  :p

If I recall, the premise was that Merlin brought them to fill in for the REAL King Arthur and the knights of the round table, because they were kidnapped.

Sidenote: Captain N did the football team thing first. :p

For reasons lost to the ages, Mother Brain decided to challenge the heroes to a game of football, filling her team out with Dr. Wily's boss robots.

And somehow, Kevin's high school football team was abducted to fill out our heroes' team. Along with his girlfriend.

Sometimes I wonder why I watched those things.

This I remember, why doesn't CN do something useful like re-running all this crap? I swear, they waste so much airtime on the same syndicated home produced B.S. ed edd & eddy that its painful. I don't care if they are owned by warner, they should actually license some decent nostalgia shows. I wanna see Turbo Teen & Mighty Orbots! That shitty Popeye & Son, Pole Position! Bucky O'Hare & Exosquad! Something new (well, old that hasn't been shown in a longass time new that is) that isn't freakin' Hanna Barbara or Warner damnit!!! They're getting to be as bad as MTV.

Hell, all this early 90's nostalgia has pushed me to order the Tekkaman Blade HK set.

Edited by Keith

hey I liked that cartoon. I recall there was an altercation where the real King Arthur and his knights were trapped in ice or something by the evil wizard. Of course no one says "Hey you dont look like teh king!!!" so I assuume that Arthur and his football team the knights must look jsut liek King arthur. Yeah he woudl touch his chest and excalibur would come out. it was cool

Didn't they make an Arcade/SNES game based on this show/toy line too?

EXCALIBUR BE MY STRENGTH! lol

Oh man, I loved the Knight's of the Round arcade game! I never played the SNES version but I hear it's as good as the arcade. Gotta go on eBay!

I seem to remember an arcade game but it wasn't based on this show, was it? It was pretty cool if it's the one I'm thinking of. It was kind of like Final Fight like a side scrolling beat 'em up right?

hey I liked that cartoon. I recall there was an altercation where the real King Arthur and his knights were trapped in ice or something by the evil wizard. Of course no one says "Hey you dont look like teh king!!!" so I assuume that Arthur and his football team the knights must look jsut liek King arthur. Yeah he woudl touch his chest and excalibur would come out. it was cool

I allways thought of that as a kid too I just asumed merlyn cast a spell on them so that everyone would see what they expected to see :p + I think I recall something about perhaps one if not alll :rolleyes: of them being decendents of KA & his men... So thats an other explination too...

Exosquad... Another series I loved :) That had a freakn great story for its time man! Damn!

So like... Am I the only one here thats a mighty max fan as well though? :lol:

I allways thought of that as a kid too I just asumed merlyn cast a spell on them so that everyone would see what they expected to see :p + I think I recall something about perhaps one if not alll :rolleyes: of them being decendents of KA & his men... So thats an other explination too...

Exosquad... Another series I loved :) That had a freakn great story for its time man! Damn!

So like... Am I the only one here thats a mighty max fan as well though? :lol:

Its Kinda appropriate that "Exo Squad" should be mentioned here since the toys merged with the Robotech Line of toys towards the end of its popularity :lol: