auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

shill bidders are slime, to think i defended him once.... :lol: hah he taught me ,once a crook always a crook. sad part ebay does not care, it means more money for them. <_< at least he did not get "bobe pat" one of his bidders.

Edited by buddhafabio

Wow, he is bluealpha247! What a low-life bottom of the barrel dwelling loser. You know, sometimes I think that trash like that are only here because you couldn't have the good without the bad. In times like these, it's extremely dangerous to mess with people that you don't know. One day he may rip-off the wrong person and they just might be crazy enough to find him and take extreme action upon him or someone he cares about. I truly hope that this doesn't happen, but you never can tell.

Rick

Did we ever prove that bluealpha247 is arafat? Because I doubt it for 2 reasons. For one, bluealpha used BIN on some of his other auctions, and his actual shill bidding account was bidding against this account for the auction, which wouldn't make much sense.

Did we ever prove that bluealpha247 is arafat? Because I doubt it for 2 reasons. For one, bluealpha used BIN on some of his other auctions, and his actual shill bidding account was bidding against this account for the auction, which wouldn't make much sense.

There's more info about his shill bidding accounts (as well as how to report him for shill bidding to eBay) on this page of the blacklist thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=172&st=140

There's more info about his shill bidding accounts (as well as how to report him for shill bidding to eBay) on this page of the blacklist thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=172&st=140

I know about that, but using buy it now with your shill bidding account and bidding against yourself with the shill bidding accounts doesn't make sense, does it? And, as for people letting bluealpha know about some of the elintseeker stuff, obviously arafat knew about it and he probably still visits the forums (even if they banned his ip, it's not that hard to get another around it)

I would be concerned for the current freedom of that individual above anything else. What he/she/it has done constitutes fraud by deception. Since it was across state lines it now involves the FBI, which makes it federal, as well as, local. It would be a 3rd degree felony per INCIDENT. I would be very afraid if I were him.

Now, If you were ripped off by this guy, I would contact HIS local law enforcement agency (police,sheriff's office) and report it and see where it goes from there. I know where I work, the sheriff's office has fraud investigators. :)

Just thought I would share this info, but you knew it already :)

I hope i never become freedom impaired!

This is absurd, although only because I got it for $5.00. The guy probably doesn't want to know how much he could have gotten if it were actually labeled correctly. But then again, I'm glad I was able to get a 1/48 variable Calibur (and the armored vf-1a, which I really don't care about) for $5

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEBBI:IT

I would be concerned for the current freedom of that individual above anything else. What he/she/it has done constitutes fraud by deception. Since it was across state lines it now involves the FBI, which makes it federal, as well as, local. It would be a 3rd degree felony per INCIDENT. I would be very afraid if I were him.

Now, If you were ripped off by this guy, I would contact HIS local law enforcement agency (police,sheriff's office) and report it and see where it goes from there. I know where I work, the sheriff's office has fraud investigators. :)

Hmmm, not a bad idea. arafat209 lives in Paterson, NJ and one of my really close friends, Chris, is the assistant county prosecutor for Passaic County (which Paterson is in.)

I'll ask Chris in the next few days whether or not pressing fraud charges through the local law enforcement agencies will be the effective.

Hmmm, not a bad idea. arafat209 lives in Paterson, NJ and one of my really close friends, Chris, is the assistant county prosecutor for Passaic County (which Paterson is in.)

I'll ask Chris in the next few days whether or not pressing fraud charges through the local law enforcement agencies will be the effective.

damn dood, you got a vendetta against this guy don't you? :blink:

damn dood, you got a vendetta against this guy don't you?  :blink:

A little bit. I imagine I'm the only one here he ever tried to challenge to a fist fight. I'm still trying to figure out what it was suppose to be over. :huh: He told me "anytime and anyplace", then tried to change it up when I didn't back down and not only gave him a time and a place, but what I was wearing and what i looked like. I guess it don't matter because he never showed up. The funniest thing was, a month after that incident, he PMed me and asked if I would sell him Alpha/Legioss stickers. :blink: What a dips**t.

Anyways, with all the people he's ripped off, cheated, and lied to, I'm sure most of them would like to see some justice. Why not use what resources I have to help them out and try and help make sure it doesn't happen to other honest people with the same interests as me?

But I'm just going to ask Chris what arafat209 can be charged with and how people not from NJ can go about pressing those charges, then pass on that information for others to use. I'm not actualy going to press charges myself.

tom64ss,

That will be a Elintseeker and a low vis fighter for legal advise!

:D:D:D

Honestly, I don't see why you didn't do it earlier. Guess it just takes a different perspective. Good luck with the course of action choosen.

Patterson, NJ!!!! Damn, that place is always on COPS!!! never my beloved department :( , that is ok though, I would be deathly afraid of what we do with a camera crew around.

Edited by phule

How Much??

I know a lot of you don't collect spawn figures but take a look at this anyway...this guy is trying to sell figures that have been opened. albeit some of them are rarer figures that go for $25 brand spankin new in the package...this knucklehead wants to sell this lot for $70...oh wait...reserve not met yet!! :lol:

Hello guys. I have finally identified a MW member that sold me a Bandai 1/55 Super Ostrich that was sanded and clear coated to hide yellowing for $400! I have provided two links below that will show you about an Elintseeker auction that I consider absurd. I was taken by this guy and I don't want to see it happen to anyone else on these boards.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=7011

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...pic=172&st=160&

This message has been brought to you by your local MacrossWorld Community Watch Program. :D

Talked to Chris last night. He gave me some info, but there's a couple things even he isn't sure about yet, so he said he'd ask around. I'll let you all know what he come up with as soon as he tells me.

Tom64ss,

Another possibility is for you to sue him in civil court (small claims court) where the burden of proof is not as stringent to prove.

Speaking of internet fraud cases, was watching the local news here and saw that a person was arrested for ebay fraud, trying to find the link right now:

here is one

http://www.local6.com/technology/2733419/detail.html

here is another

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y02/m03/i11/s01

and another

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y02/m02/i08/s02

yet another

http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/articles...03/fett0303.htm

won't bother you with looking up more. You get the general idea :)

Hello guys. I have finally identified a MW member that sold me a Bandai 1/55 Super Ostrich that was sanded and clear coated to hide yellowing for $400! I have provided two links below that will show you about an Elintseeker auction that I consider absurd. I was taken by this guy and I don't want to see it happen to anyone else on these boards.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=7011

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...pic=172&st=160&

This message has been brought to you by your local MacrossWorld Community Watch Program. :D

Hmm, well, I saw the auction, it never said it was an origional piece, it said that the pics show the quality of the item. You should always, ALWAYS communicate with the seller when prices get that high, sheesh.

Although, he could have said that the toy was a custom, and that he made it, but then again, you could have asked.

I had an auction for a 30" mono computer moniter

It was a 30 inch monochrome moniter my grandmother bought for $30.00, and she asked my to sell it for her.

I put the auction up, and before I knew it, it had sold for $250.00.

Then the buyer read the description and finally understood what the word 'monochrome" ment in the item description.

He bought it, and from then on, he read the item descriptions very carefully...

Couple different things,

New Jersey is very very interested in cracking down on Fraud this year, I work for an insurance company and they have been very helpful in several cases recently. I think that mail fraud is one of the biggies they are focussing on right now, apparently they have had enough of the bad reputation stuff and are ready to put some people in check.

Good luck with that, nothing makes me madder than people jerking around on E-Bay ripping people off, it is such a handy outlet for collectors, it really is a shame how careful you have to be to avoid scammers.

Second, that lightsaber auction, I will bet that guy is trolling for stupid sports figures and actors on collecting sprees.

Recently a couple basketball players including a big dummy who plays for the Lakers have been spotted snatching up entire series collections for more than they are worth just to get complete sets, you may see some auctions for sets of vintage comics with insane BiN prices, bait for dummies with lots O' money I guess.

Alright, I finally heard back from Chris. I'm gonna send a PM over to Rob (Beers) in the next few days and tell him what steps he needs to take if he decides to pursue this. Anyone else who has been (NOT almost was) ripped off by arafat209, whether here or on eBay, please feel free to PM me and I'll send the information to you too.

I don't mind doing the leg work for you guys over here in NJ, but since I personally don't have a case against him, it's up to those of you that actually got ripped off by him to get the ball rolling.

Tom