1/60 GBP: Better as a non-transformable toy?

fifbeat

Judging from the previous thread on this same toy topic, the reviews are very mixed. So, my question: do you guys think the 1/60 would be better as a non-transformable toy?

Think of it:

- Better sculpted. (you know, not so SQUARE and HEFTY)

- More solid and durable.

- More detail.

- And, maybe they could have just boosted the size up to 1/48? (to match the price of the Q-Rau)

- A few different VF heads.

- And who knows? Maybe it can come with a Miss Macross figure with no ass. :D

Come to think of it -- it IS a non-transformable set, so I don't think the idea is too bad.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool that any toy company would keep it real and make the armours attached/detatched... but for some things - like this one - it makes sense.

(besides, do we really want to cover up our valks ESPECIALLY if they're custom painted, etc.?)

What you say makes sense. The current 1/60 set really draws attention to the awkward proportins of the 1/60s chest plate. Looking at the 1/48s I think they may have the same problem which leads me to believe that the only way to have a good looking GBP is as a non-transforming model or removing parts.

It does make sense, but everyone here would scream bloody murder if Yamato went that route. Expensive non-transformable Valkyries and Macross fanboys don't mix. And yes, they would be expensive, Yamato isn't a charity service.

Also, one of the appealing aspects of the current 1/60 GBP is that you can put it on any 1/60 Valkyrie out there (excluding the 2-seaters). With the armor molded on, you won't be able to have a GBP Max, Roy, Milia, or CF unless you want to buy multiples.

- Better sculpted. (you know, not so SQUARE and HEFTY)

Actually, I rather like the 'Hefty' properties of the 1/60. Incidentally, I traded off my sole 1/48 VF-1A precisely because of its lack of heft :).

More solid and durable

I also find the 1/60 plenty 'Solid and Durable', provided that all of the fasteners are tightened down properly, which they are often not right out of the box.

And, maybe they could have just boosted the size up to 1/48?

But then, they would not be 1/60 scale anymore, no? :p

Technically, a 1/60 GBP is already non-transformable..

I kind of like the overgrown golem look to the current GBP, so it doesn't really bothers me. It is probably close to what a RL GBP would look -- anime magic is good, ain't it?

From a technical POV, having the GBP as a one-piece toy is probably more secure in the long run, but the flexibility of being able to use the GBP across multiple Valks is really attractive to me. Also, with a one-piece, unless the alternative heads are included, I won't get more than one -- but with this setup, I currently have 2. :)

I think I like it the way it is; the flexibility is a big sell point for me, really. With what I have, I can choose to display my Valks as any of the 3 basic modes, with Strike parts, and as a GBP, so it's a good thing.

(Besides, I got the K&M GBP toy. :) )

I mister drop it all and break it all have my GBP in a VF-1A DYRL Max and looks really cool, the valk fell from the top of my tv like 5 feet to the floor the the pieces pop out, no pieces broken on the armor or valk, I think it is very durable, of course i am not going to let it fall again.

Transformable or not--it doesn't matter, I'd still get it!! That's how much I like this particular armor!

Thank You!

I've been waiting for this armour, too. (I mean, we all have, but I jerked off to it when I found out it was being released -- and I get to cover my first Yamato product I ever bought).

It was always the looks of it!

Even had about 56 of those Garbage Pail Kids cards. :D

MacrossGPKcards.gif

Well, there's always those Toynami Posable GBP's.. *gripe*

Edited by fifbeat

Would prefer it to be non-tranformable so it'll look better on my desk instead of valk just standing. That's why i'm waiting for a Hasegawa verion instead.

I mean it cool that you can dress up armor on almost all 1/60 valk but if it limits your posting of that valk to just standing and moving the arms up and down then forget it.

I wouldn't mind a super posable verion of it either :rolleyes:

If only they would of release a special box version that has a high detail possable GBP that's non-transformable along with the GBP armor upgrade for 1/60 valks.

:lol: i think those are trading sticker instead of card :lol:

Ah the good old days when a Bandai was fro $20, and joke machines were $15

Edited by F360°

I prefer the current system but a non-transformable version would of worked since you can only display the gbp in one mode. However, that would mean Yamato would have to design another toy. Then, they would have to go through all the variants... again. It's time to move on.

I think it all depends on what you're looking for in the set. Are you going to leave it on one Valk for display purposes or do you want the flexibility to put it on different Valks without having to buy more than one set? If you want to simply display the armor, then I think a non-transforming version would be OK. If you want the flexibility, then the set that's out is perfect for that.

Personally, I like it as it is. I like to change things up every now and then. Keeps my displays fresh and also makes dusting a lot more fun when I spend an hour or two re-posing stuff as I clean.

i believe it was i who said it would've been better off as a superposable. :D

if they made one(as sad as most of the SP are) i'd probably buy it so i can get buck with it instead of having them sit there collecting dust as they're doing now.

you just can't play with it, i mean its hard enough to pose a 1/60 from the get go, now you gotta work around this bulky armor? :blink: with a cod piece that keeps falling off(i scotched taped it).

don't get me wrong, the GBP is ultra-fresh thats why i bought 2 but i still think i nice fixed/poseable version would be cool as far as playability goes.

i guess if you want the armor you can play with, you gotta cough up the dough for the 1/55 GBP. :(

If it were up to me, I'd simply offer two versions...

A close to accurate proportion non-tranformable GBP with super detail and JUST the armor set for transformables.

but since yamato is not me, I think they took the option that pisses the least amount of fans without them using too much of their resources. Good decision on their part as a business.

dayam I dunno about you people,

but I just want to see a GBP come out for the 1/48 scale...

stop beating around the bush yamato and give us what we want!

:D

GBP = Garbage Pail Kids! hah! Brings back memories! :D

US Parody Laws allows them to get away with it. Same thing applies to movies with gags of popular franchises. Austin Power being a more recent example along with the classic Space Balls.

I guess a non-accurate but cool posing GBP Valk would be a nice ADDITION ala super posables and the KMS gashapon armored VF-1J. If it had to replace the removability of the GBP, then I would say no. You can always (try to) mod your Valkyrie for better articulation if need be.

If the 1/60 was stable in Battroid mode with the armor on, I'd say "no" to a non- transforming posable figure. But since the Battroid mode of the 1/60 is as floppy as a wet noodle, I'd have to say "yes". I like the way my 1/60 looks with the armor but it feels like its going to fall over.

An ABS/PVC super detailed figure would be more stable than the current incarnation.

Edited by dejr8bud