News on Terminator 4....and 5?

I just found this on Dark Horizons. I'd take it with an extremely large grain of salt, but you never know.

C2 checked into Moviehole this weekend with an update on all things "Terminator" this weekend, saying Schwarzenegger will definitely be a part of both of the two planned sequels (hmmm, I'll believe that when I see it):

"I've learned (removed) that the offer Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna will make James Cameron to come back to direct the final chapter in his own Terminator universe is to give him "complete control" on the project.

Kassar and Vajna will still own the rights (and would be fools to give it up due to the millions they will make) but the idea or deal is to give Cameron full control to do or write whatever he wants. This is said to include a pay day that will rival or eclipse Peter Jackson's deal for King Kong (20 million upfront plus a huge percentage).

Also, not to belittle T4 before it comes out or ruin anything, but Mario and Andy wants Arnold back for T5 (the final chapter) playing the evil cyborg. When I say "evil", I mean just as nasty as he was in The Terminator. Before he became a babysiter in T2 & T3."

To paraphrase AgentONE,

Cameron + Arnold = Good movie?

Well it would definitely be one big movie if they get them both under the Terminator banner. So far the Terminator franchise has been treat well. I'd be interested in seeing an all out futurisitc war though.

Great, Terminator Underwater....

LOL!

"Don't let go, John."

*terminators weight pulls both of them underwater*

Seriously though, the big problem with their master plan is Cameron himself. He's had over 10 years, and if he really wanted to do another Terminator movie I think he already would have. And the last I'd heard, he was finally doing his big "Battle Angel Alita" movie, so it would be at least five years before he got around to starting T4 or T5.

Considering how 3 left of, 4 & 5 are going to have to be the future war. I'd say 4 would deal with the aftermath of the nukes and the the beginning of the resistence.

Part 5 would be the end of the war and show the past movies' characters being sent back in time.

I for one wouldn't mind if they dropped both Cameron and Arnold, if they can keep the budget. I think the most important character obviously is John Connor. If they can get Nick Stahl and Claire Danes to come out in it again, that'd be even better, along with Stan Winston's robots of course.

God I hope not. Arnold said during the election that he had "plenty of money", that being said, he doesn't need the cash that crappy sequels would provide.

The last Terminator film was mediocre at best.

I sincerely hope he doesn't cheapen himself by continuing a franchise that really should have died after T2.

Great, Terminator Underwater....

LOL!

"Don't let go, John."

*terminators weight pulls both of them underwater*

Seriously though, the big problem with their master plan is Cameron himself. He's had over 10 years, and if he really wanted to do another Terminator movie I think he already would have. And the last I'd heard, he was finally doing his big "Battle Angel Alita" movie, so it would be at least five years before he got around to starting T4 or T5.

Agreed. I'm awfully tired of hearing about what cool project Cameron has lined up that never happens. Instead we get 700 IMAX features about the Titanic and water.

I liked the second film the best though it was just a rehash of the original. The only reason it was better was because of the ground breaking effects and the higher production value. Not to mention less Aqua Net spray on the characters. I hated Edward Furlong's acting and much preffered Nick Stahl's performance.

T2's script pretty much closed the possibilty of the first film happening, even though it gave the suggestion that anything can happen. T3 was more logical the the lore. It was less philosophical and more straightforward.

I wait for AgentONEs response, and that's what I get?

It's even more dissapointing then T3. :p

-NOS

Just ragging

Sorry, I am super busy at work.

To tell you the truth IF the Terminator franchaise DOES this and makes the story come full circle, as in, in the end of T5 Arnold goes back in time to kill Sarah Conner, that will be truly a first for Hollywood. Never before has this happened in a movie series.

My fear is, it will be seen as Arnold going slightly too far, lets face it, the guy isn't that young anymore, and no amount of make up will make him the 80's bone crushing machine he was. I want Arnold to be remembered as an Athlete who inspired us, and a Hero who rescued first a state of the Union, then America from fiscal irresponsibility.

I have mentioned before I feel Arnold to be almost Godlike in presence and he should be remembered as such.

To tell you the truth IF the Terminator franchaise DOES this and makes the story come full circle, as in, in the end of T5 Arnold goes back in time to kill Sarah Conner, that will be truly a first for Hollywood. Never before has this happened in a movie series.

What's funny is that this was one of the ideas for Robotech. But it was panned as mostly stupid. =)

-Al

To tell you the truth IF the Terminator franchaise DOES this and makes the story come full circle, as in, in the end of T5 Arnold goes back in time to kill Sarah Conner, that will be truly a first for Hollywood.  Never before has this happened in a movie series.

What's funny is that this was one of the ideas for Robotech. But it was panned as mostly stupid. =)

-Al

Were they going to redub Ninja Scroll and say that the main dude was Hunkey Rickie Hunter who had gone back in time?!!?!?!

:rolleyes:

Well, it wouldn't have been as lame as the Sentenels.

It was all part of the Sentinals Arc actually :lol:

*Cackles* Yep. It was actually supposed to be how The Sentinels ends... that somehow, Hunter and crew end up back in time (probably due to another spacefold mishap), and end up being the progenitors of those we eventually come to know as the Robotech Masters. The Macross Saga would then be shown after The Sentinels' airing, as the logical sequel to The Sentinels, leading to a perpetual syndicated time-loop cycle. Silly, kinda. Unless Ahnuld is somehow involved of course.

-Al

i dont see how they going to make a 5th movie. if they make a 4th they can sqweeze the formation of the resistance and the fall of skynet even though with t3 messed it up since why would a virus/ai nuke itself to kill most of the humans.

i dont see how they going to make a 5th movie. if they make a 4th they can sqweeze the formation of the resistance and the fall of skynet even though with t3 messed it up since why would a virus/ai nuke itself to kill most of the humans.

I think cause the human body is more susceptible to being nuked? After all, presumablly the AI would reside in a hardened bunker and therefore immune to being nuked.

If the AI launched neutron bombs, then it would be even better...

I think cause the human body is more susceptible to being nuked? After all, presumablly the AI would reside in a hardened bunker and therefore immune to being nuked.

If the AI launched neutron bombs, then it would be even better...

thats the thing. in t3 it says skynet wasn't a computer in a bunker but all the computers in the world. even if it infected an updated computer system unlike those old ones shown in the bunker john and his future wife got tricked into, skynet would still destroy vast parts of itself.

It was all part of the Sentinals Arc actually :lol:

*Cackles* Yep. It was actually supposed to be how The Sentinels ends... that somehow, Hunter and crew end up back in time (probably due to another spacefold mishap), and end up being the progenitors of those we eventually come to know as the Robotech Masters. The Macross Saga would then be shown after The Sentinels' airing, as the logical sequel to The Sentinels, leading to a perpetual syndicated time-loop cycle. Silly, kinda. Unless Ahnuld is somehow involved of course.

-Al

Dude if HG had done that I would forgive it for all of its sins! That would have been the most kick ass thing ever... Of course it is a TV show and the Terminator franchaise is a set of movies so it still aint the same thing.

thats the thing. in t3 it says skynet wasn't a computer in a bunker but all the computers in the world. even if it infected an updated computer system unlike those old ones shown in the bunker john and his future wife got tricked into, skynet would still destroy vast parts of itself.

Skynet knew which targets it would aim the nukes at so it wouldn't put important info on computers in that area, or it had multiple copies of itself so if one part got blasted, the info would still remain. It spread through every computer to prepare for the nukes. Keeping communications jammed and people not in control to try to stop it.

Actually they did exactly that in the Planet of the Apes movies, but you have to suffer through all of them to get there. ;)

I want them to bring it full circle with 4... I mean... do they REALLY need 2 more movies? They could tie it up with the events leading up to the final Skynet battle... maybe make Stahl(who I LOVE as John Connor) look a lil more like the hardcore looking future John in T2...

I want them to bring it full circle with 4... I mean... do they REALLY need 2 more movies?

I agree. At this point we pretty much know the rest of the story, at least as it was laid out by Reese in the first movie. It could all be neatly tied up with just one more film. Anything more just reeks of them padding out the franchise for another film.