More colour Monster pics

Subotnik

The koeing on the other hand is the first toy of its kind, so it could warrant a high price tag, but it shouldn't surpass the price of a non FP 1/48 IMHO. just from the comments/complaints alone in both koeing threads, theres no way yamato/retailer/etailer could justify a ridiculously high price tag. if they do, they'll be sitting on them for a long, long time.

Because it´s the first toy of its kind, because it´s as tall as a 1/48 (but the VB-6 has more volume thus more material used), because the transformation is more complicated, because it has a lot of parts...

Let me ad that we get a robot, a destoid monster and a shuttle, 3 in 1 (with the VF 1 series we get a plane and a robot ´cause gerwalk is a combination of the other two)

...Because all that, it will be more expensive than a non FP 1/48 valk.

Disclaimer: all of the above will be the reasoning of Yamato (I share some of those thoughts)

My guess is that it will cost a minimum of U$S 180 if not more.

Note: the above price is not what I´m willing to pay, it´s what I firmly believe Yamato will charge us.

I suck, I want the König Monster so...

FYI dudes,

yamato isn't charging us a thing. its the retailers and etailers that charge us.

i.e. yamato can sell these wholesale to a retailer/etailer for let say $50. the retailer/etailers then come to this board or some other message boards to figure out the maximum amount they can charge.

they in turn, take that info and mark it up to the max amount(lets say its $200) if they so chose. hence we got some expensive arse toy for no reason other than we can't keep our thoughts about prices to ourselves IMHO.

FYI dudes,

yamato isn't charging us a thing. its the retailers and etailers that charge us.

i.e. yamato can sell these wholesale to a retailer/etailer for let say $50. the retailer/etailers then come to this board or some other message boards to figure out the maximum amount they can charge.

they in turn, take that info and mark it up to the max amount(lets say its $200) if they so chose. hence we got some expensive arse toy for no reason other than we can't keep our thoughts about prices to ourselves IMHO.

That´s why I say we´ll end up paying big bucks

Couldn´t agree more with you haterist ;)

(But I believe it will have a high wholesale price tag)

Back on topic :lol::lol:

I like the sulpt a lot, I don´t think the cannons are on the short side.

This toy is an almost perfect representation of the line art.

I´ll say it again, the VB-6 König Monster is at the top of my buy list

I like the way this guy looks.. I wish it was a little more squat in gerwalk mode, but I can deal.

don't have a problem with the length of the cannons but I would like to see the little nose mounted turret though.. I always thought that was a nice realistic touch, on such a slow long range weapon you would want something for up close fighting.

I am really hoping the price on this will be reasonable.. around the 100 dollar mark.. I know I'm dreaming but I think 120 or 160 is just way too much.

Edited by eugimon

No, don't turn it into a "don't mention prices" thing anymore!

Now you say the retailers are the ones doing it, but they only base their prices on the suggested retail price that Yamato gives them.

as i've said on numerous occassions now, please feel free to discuss prices or whatever your heart desires. its a free country, do what you want, i don't really care. i'm simply giving my opinion(just like you are) with logical reasoning behind why i think, what i think. :)

*the prices i used in my example are completely fictious. i know nothing of the actual wholesale prices of anything....though i've been in working in retail as a buyer for the past 11 years of my life, but what do i know? :blink:

Well, we will have to see. when this will come out. I lile the VB-6 Konig Monster. Haterist is right about the 1/60 Monster. Price tag would not justify my spending on it even though I am willing to buy it.

for 300 bucks i'd rather get a new TV instead....or 2 more valks. :D

i really do like the koeing monster a lot and i mean A LOT! especially after the pics of it painted and shown in all 3 modes, its totally friggin awesome! B)) everything about it screams BUY ME! BUY ME! BUY ME! :p

Well, I hope they have a weathered, beat-up looking version to compensate for the lack of detail. I want it looking sort of similar in age to those dirty AT-ATs from the original star wars trilogy rather than all shiny and new. If I can only get one, I would choose a battle-worn version over a shiny, clean-looking edition.

I just think heavier mecha look cooler when they old and dirty. Maybe even sprinkle some sand or something to suggest it's been in a dusty, rugged environment... the uglier the better I say :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm guessing at least $120 for Mr. Monster. Can't wait for my month-long ramen diet when this guy is released. :lol:

Heck.

The only problem with that is that I live off of Ramen all the time...

I have no fine living funds to cut into for toys. ='[

Why do these jets cost so freagn much?! :o  Or rather Why Can't I aford one! :o  :angry:  <_<  :blink:  :(  :huh:

Got a job?? :p:lol:

Typical response from an american capitalist oppressor!!!

Why can't yamato make these valks for much cheaper when there is such a high plastic surplus? and surely the CAD design should drive down costs!

Valks should be free! We should be able to get them with our morning newspapers!

Yes I have a job hoser! :p All I know is that you use to b eable to get a jetfire for around $50 something if that! With all the armor & all! :D So hell ya these thigns seem expensive to me! If someone wants to put up a list of an reasonable explination of why they cost so much then I'm all ears :)

BTW I'm all for the morning newspaper thing :lol: I'll take one blue jet & then one red jet for a start :lol::D

Yes I have a job hoser! :p  All I know is that you use to b eable to get a jetfire for around $50 something if that!  With all the armor & all! :D  So hell ya these thigns seem expensive to me!    If someone wants to put up a list  of an reasonable explination of why they cost so much then I'm all ears :)

Because sellers choose a price that will bring them the most money while not alienating too many customers.

Basic economics. The market drives the price. It's priced that way because we're willing to pay it. It's the classic balancing act. . . find a price point where a lot of people buy it. . . not so high that too many are turned off. . . not so low that you're selling lots of them for next-to-nothing.

If some seller prices it too high, we'll go elsewhere. If someone prices it too low, he'll sell out quickly and not make as much as he could have. . . leaving his competition to make more by selling what he has at a higher price. (which is a recipe for having your business fail).

Finally, don't make the mistake of thinking that a product's price is based on how much it costs the manufacturer to produce that item. That is only a minor consideration (in that it sets a price floor in most cases). The price of an item is set by the market, not by its production costs.

H

Edited by Hurin

wow! i think this is a first but i couldn't agree with you more Hurin. :)

who would've thunk it? :blink:

Well, yes, but we disagree about how much our input here matters. But let's leave that alone. ;)

who would've thunk it?  :blink:

I think Hell froze over. :lol::pB))

Anyways, it is just basic economic law of supply and demand and that sets the price.

buurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr its cold in here! :p:D:lol:

i guess its official then, we kissed and made up. ;)

who would've thunk it?  :blink:

I think Hell froze over. :lol::pB))

Anyways, it is just basic economic law of supply and demand and that sets the price.

according to the dante, hell is frozen at it's deepest levels....

So how much do these suckers actaully cost in japan then?

you can find them at TRU japan for $90 at full retail with typical discounting for sales and clearances.

theres one member here who paid on average of $86 per valk including ones with FP's and ones without! :o i wish really wish he was my best friend. :p

What are " FP's" agaiN?

FP = Fast pack.

please use the search function for simple questions....even difficult ones can be answered as the "search function" here actually works. ;)

He might have. . . except the search function won't work for words under four characters long.

What are " FP's" agaiN?

FP = Fast pack.

please use the search function for simple questions....even difficult ones can be answered as the "search function" here actually works. ;)

He might have. . . except the search function won't work for words under four characters long.

and really, why get all upset over a simple question?

Does it really detract from your enjoyment so much that you have to answer and then comment on his question?

How about we lay off on the newbies and only go after chronic offenders?

As for the perceived lack of panel lines, I think that some of them are perhaps not showing up well in the photos due to the lighting and the color of the plastic, but they are there. And remember, Yamato should only put whatever panel lines are on Kawamori's lineart. I personally don't agree with adding additional non-canon panel lines just for the sake of having more detail, as Hasegawa are prone to do with their Macross model kits.

Regarding the length of the 4 top cannon, well this is limited by necessity. The cannon have to be able to fit inside in shuttle modeso can only be as long as the internal bay in shuttle mode.

And I'm hoping the small 30mm chest gun will be on the final version. Judging from the photos, I suspect this is still not quite the final version.

Graham

As for the perceived lack of panel lines, I think that some of them are perhaps not showing up well in the photos due to the lighting and the color of the plastic, but they are there. And remember, Yamato should only put whatever panel lines are on Kawamori's lineart. I personally don't agree with adding additional non-canon panel lines just for the sake of having more detail, as Hasegawa are prone to do with their Macross model kits.

Regarding the length of the 4 top cannon, well this is limited by necessity. The cannon have to be able to fit inside in shuttle modeso can only be as long as the internal bay in shuttle mode.

And I'm hoping the small 30mm chest gun will be on the final version. Judging from the photos, I suspect this is still not quite the final version.

Graham

Cool! I did think it was possible for the photo itself to be not showing what panel lines are there... you can see bits of them in certain parts of the pics.

I also don't agree with adding lines that aren't there - but this one looked pretty bare in those pics.

I wonder if we'll see any other changes in the final design...

Why do these jets cost so freagn much?! :o   Or rather Why Can't I aford one! :o  :angry:  <_<  :blink:  :(  :huh:

Got a job?? :p:lol:

Typical response from an american capitalist oppressor!!!

Why can't yamato make these valks for much cheaper when there is such a high plastic surplus? and surely the CAD design should drive down costs!

Valks should be free! We should be able to get them with our morning newspapers!

Freeloader!!! :p:lol: j/k :D

Graham

Cool! I did think it was possible for the photo itself to be not showing what panel lines are there... you can see bits of them in certain parts of the pics.

I also don't agree with adding lines that aren't there - but this one looked pretty bare in those pics.

I wonder if we'll see any other changes in the final design...

I certainly do hope so. Like Graham said, this isn't the final version, yet.

Graham

Well, I'm glad there's going to be more detail... though, I'm ok with how it looks in the photos already... so bonus!

I'm not sure about the adding of non canon panel lines/detail... the Q-rau's, IMO, could have used some extra detailing...