New BATMOBILE Pix!

Amped

Remember, Bruce Wayne is just starting out as Batman. According the information plate used at the NY display, the vehicle is a Wayne Enterprises military prototype know as the "Tumbler". Check out the following links for additional images.

Larger image of the new Batmobile

Information plate on the new vehicle

Daily News piece on the new vehicle

I'm just glad that it looks nothing like the Batmobile used in Batman and Robin.

someone should tell hollywood that you can't just make something with random, ugly plates everywhere, large fins, mishapen windsheild and utter bizzarness and expect to get away with it by calling it "a stealth vehicle"

NOW THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO PICK OUR TANK UP ON RADAR SWEET!

well.. i like what they were going for, but why is it so messy? why not give it a body? why all the random jutting metal? why.... why?

i like the rear view, though.

What he said... wow that's ugly! It looked so promising in the pics that they released before.

Ah, the landmaster... now that's innovation! Still ageless. :D

I dig it. And I've been a Batman fan for a long time.

Personally, I hate the sleek look of the Batmobile in most films.

To put it simply, it never looked like a vehicle that a guy would build in his basement to fight crime in. If the car would never blend in with regular cars on the street, why not make it as tough as you can? I'll take this over some ridiculous armoring Tim Burton fetish mobile or a pimpmobile with a jet turbine welded to the bumper.

It just seems silly for Batman to bother putting a glossy black coat on a car he'll use to run down criminals. He's Batman, not Paulie Teutel.

This looks very Dark Knight Returns to me.

If it's functional then it'll make sense to me. Judging from the hydrolic hinges on the side it looks like the front wheels open up for some reason. I'm still looking forward to what Nolan has in store.

Or they could just be door hinges... :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by >EXO<

I think the designs a bit over the top, but it could make sense. Just like every other machine in development, things usually start off for functionality. Asthetics is an afterthought. The way I see it, Batman just grabbed an off-the-shelf vehicle to start off with before developing another that better suits the role it was intended for. Kinda makes sense. :)

I really hope that is not the final design

that is very very very ugly

I am a batman fan

and I do not take that piece of trash as a batmobile

really true to the words

junkyard wars, mad max, thunderdome, crash test dumpster,

:(

they have spent millions making that batmobile, its is fully functional, and they have already started filming, so i tihnk its the final design ;);)

I dig it. And I've been a Batman fan for a long time.

Personally, I hate the sleek look of the Batmobile in most films.

To put it simply, it never looked like a vehicle that a guy would build in his basement to fight crime in. If the car would never blend in with regular cars on the street, why not make it as tough as you can? I'll take this over some ridiculous armoring Tim Burton fetish mobile or a pimpmobile with a jet turbine welded to the bumper.

It just seems silly for Batman to bother putting a glossy black coat on a car he'll use to run down criminals. He's Batman, not Paulie Teutel.

This looks very Dark Knight Returns to me.

we arent just talking about "a guy" we are tlaking about bruce wayne, hes a billionare so he could easily make any car he wants, i dont think this batmobile looks any more functional than the burton batmobile, this one looks like it will fall apart at any second, it would have been better with armor welded together, unless that thing is supposed to transform there is no need for loose armor plates everywhere

It's tough, powerful, and would you really want to screw with the guy that comes out of that thing?

Not a drop of cheese so far in any Batman Begins pics. Looks dark and serious.

Can't wait for more.

Edited by Anubis

we arent just talking about "a guy" we are tlaking about bruce wayne, hes a billionare so he could easily make any car he wants, i dont think this batmobile looks any more functional than the burton batmobile, this one looks like it will fall apart at any second, it would have been better with armor welded together, unless that thing is supposed to transform there is no need for loose armor plates everywhere

Yeah, I'm talking about Bruce Wayne, too. He is a billionaire, not some guy determined to make a giant, shiny, nonsensical fetish machine.

The "loose" armor look is a design choice, just as is just about everything involved in a Batman movie. To me, it doesn't look at all as if it will fall apart at any minute. It looks far tougher than previous Batmobiles.

I stand by my argument that this looks like a more "realistic" choice for a one man war on crime to drive around in and kick ass.

The Batmobile (as the comic defined and Burton's film updated) was obviously created to cater to certain "hot rod" car fetish. Slick paint job, Bat logo prominently displayed, bubble windows... none of that really does anything other than look like it was designed by a car-rabid kid in the 50's.

The Burton Batmobile is far from functional, by the way. It drove up the side of a building... how? Doesn't matter. Armor plates cover the whole vehicle in an instant... how? Doesn't matter.

This movie is taking a more realistic take on Batman, and this vehicle looks like it could do more than show up at car shows and look cheap.

Yeah, I'm talking about Bruce Wayne, too. He is a billionaire, not some guy determined to make a giant, shiny, nonsensical fetish machine.

The "loose" armor look is a design choice, just as is just about everything involved in a Batman movie. To me, it doesn't look at all as if it will fall apart at any minute. It looks far tougher than previous Batmobiles.

I stand by my argument that this looks like a more "realistic" choice for a one man war on crime to drive around in and kick ass.

The Batmobile (as the comic defined and Burton's film updated) was obviously created to cater to certain "hot rod" car fetish. Slick paint job, Bat logo prominently displayed, bubble windows... none of that really does anything other than look like it was designed by a car-rabid kid in the 50's.

The Burton Batmobile is far from functional, by the way. It drove up the side of a building... how? Doesn't matter. Armor plates cover the whole vehicle in an instant... how? Doesn't matter.

This movie is taking a more realistic take on Batman, and this vehicle looks like it could do more than show up at car shows and look cheap.

while i agree with you over all, you kinda missed the point a few times.

yes.. the burton bat mobile is not nearly (in appearance) as functional as this new thing looks. it had no ground clearance, apparently bad visibility (well so does the new one..)

this new thing can jump and stuff, thats pretty functional.

your argument that the burton bat-car is "not functional" because it can drive up walls and armor itself, is incorrect, both of thsoe things would be VERY functional if they worked!

i think you mean "not realistic" or "not plausable" or something.

but i like the idea of the batmobile being a sleek tankish monster car, just.. that doesn't mean it has to be but fugly

Uhhh, sure, it would be logical as this would fit as a 'prototype' thing. But this is from the world of BATMAN, which really, isn't very futuristic to begin with. Sooo, its rather bombastic for its intended premise.. Lol. If it turns out to be a different beginning for a different kind of Batman on a different world/setting, that WOULD be something interesting to see.

the burton batmobile didnt just "drive up" the wall, it pulled itself up with a grappling hook

and the reason i say this batmobile doesnt look very functional is because of the massive amount of gaps in the armor, if its gonna be a tank make it solid, not with random pieces jutting out and flapping around just waiting for for a bullet to wedge itself inside the gaps and frakk something up, also if he was to be making it himself then it would be made for functionality and simplicity because he or alfred would have to do all the repairs, and that thing is anytihng but simplie, its got about as much random plates coming out of it as a bird has feathers

I think it looks king of cool in its own way. It could be some sort of bat-mole. :lol: Nothing? But as the main vehicle? Hell no. Btw that landmaster thing. Its parked in a small lot by the freeway down the hill from my house.

LOL, yeah off the 101. It's slowly degrading. The owners don't want to take care of it. What a pity... <_<

the burton batmobile didnt just "drive up" the wall, it pulled itself up with a grappling hook

and the reason i say this batmobile doesnt look very functional is because of the massive amount of gaps in the armor, if its gonna be a tank make it solid, not with random pieces jutting out and flapping around just waiting for for a bullet to wedge itself inside the gaps and frakk something up, also if he was to be making it himself then it would be made for functionality and simplicity because he or alfred would have to do all the repairs, and that thing is anytihng but simplie, its got about as much random plates coming out of it as a bird has feathers

I thought that was in Batman Forever.... a non Burton film ...?

It is Batman YEAR ONE... maybe it made the most sense

I don't think it looks terrible taken as it's own entity, but as a Batmobile, it completely goes against the grain. The Batmobile has always been sleek, sexy, and filled with gadgets, not a futuristic tank.

Still, it does look kinda retro compared to what Bruce Wayne might be driving a few years later. Maybe that was the intent?

I don't like it, but by itself it won't ruin this new Batman for me. I'll give it a look and see what I think.

Like I said before it`s just the beginning of this new Batman story/movie , I wonder how the Batwing looks if there`s going to be one.

Heh it will probably be the result of a f-117, f-15, a sawblade and an armadillo, having a bastard child after a heavy night of drinking cocain usage and a thalidomide IV. :blink::ph34r:

while i agree with you over all, you kinda missed the point a few times.

yes.. the burton bat mobile is not nearly (in appearance) as functional as this new thing looks. it had no ground clearance, apparently bad visibility (well so does the new one..)

this new thing can jump and stuff, thats pretty functional.

your argument that the burton bat-car is "not functional" because it can drive up walls and armor itself, is incorrect, both of thsoe things would be VERY functional if they worked!

i think you mean "not realistic" or "not plausable" or something.

but i like the idea of the batmobile being a sleek tankish monster car, just.. that doesn't mean it has to be but fugly

When I say "not functional"... I mean that there is absolutely no way that the Tim Burton (or is it Schumacher's update of Burton's batmobile?) could pull itself up the wall with a grappling hook. If it did carry a winch and could pull itself up a wall, it would take about 2000 times longer than it did in the movie. Anyone's who's ever used a wire to pull anything can tell you this.

So, by way of further explanation, I mean not functional in the purest sense. It cannot function. Which could also be not realistic or not plausible. Tomato, tomahto, etc. :p

I totally agree with those here that believe that this is a total change from the Bat designs of the past... but I think they're doing this deliberately, with a bit of logic behind it. Not just F--ing with legacy for the fun of it. I could be very wrong, of course.

But to my eyes, this design is far more practical and realistic than past Batmobiles. I don't think a guy that dresses up to fight crime will look at his car and go... "yeah, man... that looks baaaaadasssss. Now I just add some sick graphics to the hood and I gotta drop a DVD player in the back seats for my homies. Then it'll be awesome." :lol:

The Batmobile has always been sleek, sexy, and filled with gadgets, not a futuristic tank.

The Batmobile has also been heavily armored and good at making things go boom. Plus, who says that this one isn't full of gadgets? We already know it freakin jumps. It looks like something Batman would roll in during Year One... when he's testing out his idea for having a Batmobile or something.

Plus, the idea of Batman riding a jet powered jumping tank is appealing to me.

i still like the batmoblie in batman and batman forever!

Yup. Better than that beastly looking Mad Max Armadillo thing. :lol:

Edited by Uxi

Nope, the M577 Armored Personel Carrier the marines in "Aliens" used is FAR more badass than this....

That is SO not a Batmobile. While I liked the one from the first movie best, even the second one was better than this. It looks more like something out of HALO.....