UN Air Force VF-1A

Jin_Kune_Do

Hey Guys....

....this might be old news, but i just noticed it now. On this picture, you can see that the other Valkyrie is a UN AirForce Low Viz, with the appropriate squadron markings. If you look closely at the two, the other one has a Macross Zero pilot, while the other one as a standard Airforce pilot with the white helmet, aparently in the same 1/48 scale as the Macross Zero pilot (there is a detailed picture on the old forums, of a low viz with a standard airforce pilot, but i couldnt find it)

Does anyone make custom plain low viz fins like on the picture?

Are those squadron markings stickers? (or painted on?)

Is that a custom made UN Airforce pilot? (or can one buy a pilot like that?)

-Jin

post-4-1062866629_thumb.jpg

Saw that before I think.

Anyways, it's painted up as a USAF F-15. 18th fighter wing, based at Okinawa (certainly the most famous USAF squadron in Japan, since they're based there--Misawa would be second). Anyways, 18th FW is currently F-15C's, and has had F-15's for a LONG time, one of the very first and best F-15's wings there was. Kadena is the name of the base itself.

They're "The Samurai" and have one of the few logos as cool as The Jolly Rogers. And their tail code is ZZ, as you can see.

It'd be easy to make yourself, just snag some 18th FW decals and you're set. (I think I have some ZZ tailcodes myself, but no insignia).

PS--that's lower-low-vis than even they themselves do. 18th FW has always been one of the most colorful of F-15 wings.

PPS--"Shogun" is their newspaper, one of the best in the Air Force. Also, they publish it online, so I read it whenever I can. http://www-02.kadena.af.mil/18wg/staff/18w...news/shogun.htm