PowerPuff Girls-- Anime Style

I've been checking out some goodies drawn and made by bleedman - http://bleedman.deviantart.com/

He's re-create the Powerpuff Girls, Dexter, Samurai Jack, and Courage as an anime in his very own Doujin manga.

So far, he's up to chapter 2.

Just check out his stuff. This guy is a godsend to me.

Just check out his work. This is cover for chapter 1:

First_PPG_doujin_.jpg

Good find! Although I have always thought the style of PPGs, Dexter and SJ, is anime in a sense, the guy's take is also great. I like how he has put a bit of the anime kawaiiness into their expressions and elongated their bodies abit - all while retaining the simplicity of lines.

Okay, i dont know wether to be impressed, scared, or if i should go lay down in the corner in a fetal position :THEY DONT MAKE AN EMOTICON FOR THIS:

Assume the fetal position!

::falls to the ground and starts having spasms and shuddering:: :p

the powerpuff girls don't have hands though. everyone else has hands, but the girls have nubs.

after all they are just a bad chemical experiment, no biology at all.. uh.. unless.. chemical X is.. oh professor... how low can you get?

how about some berserk powerpuff, whipped it up in mspaint in about 5 minutes

That's excellent!!! But you got his right eye wrong. :D

yea i notice that after i finished it, i also got the eye sin general wrong, too close together

This guy is pretty darn good. I think this is the best amateur stuff I've ever seen... and I love how he brought in Dexter as well. I also love how he puts in pencil sketches for action-filled panels... great effect.

The PPG drawing is really good.  But when you see his sequential it brings him back down to amateur status.  He's alright.

Could you elaborate more, please?

Compared to this...

The_Powerpuff_Girls.jpg

which I think is really good...

this:

PPg_chapter2_p5_p6.jpg

is really amateurish. I would love to see his sequential get up to speed with his pinups.

The PPG drawing is really good.  But when you see his sequential it brings him back down to amateur status.  He's alright.

Could you elaborate more, please?

Compared to this...

The_Powerpuff_Girls.jpg

which I think is really good...

this:

PPg_chapter2_p5_p6.jpg

is really amateurish. I would love to see his sequential get up to speed with his pinups.

I see, thanks. Just wasn't sure what you were referring to. Now I do.

His follow up works may not equal his pin up work, but damn, that guy is talented, he was able to make the girls more detailed, while stull keeping them semi-superdeformed and still super cute. The colors he uses are really good, because he is able to use more variety thatn the original shows, but still keeps a super-vibrant pallette, which is trademark for those shows, both Dexter and PPG.