What Happend to the 1/60 GPB?

irishman

So I broke down and bougth the 1/60 Max type, spent time worying that it would not be compatable because mine was a non FAST pack version, Was told I would be fine, and now Im sitting and waiting.

What happened to the set? Hello? Beuler?

Well, Yamato found out you were waiting on it, so they decided to delay the release. They didn't want me to tell you, but they really don't want you to have a GBP armor.

;)

Ok, I was lying. The armor is actually due sometime in May, probably toward the end of the month, last I heard. They pushed it back a few months ago, probably to make the product better.

Now, let me introduce you to something I like to call the Search the Forums page. It'll help you find answers all by your lonesome. Good stuff.

Actually, I think they delayed the release because it was too good. So, they went back to the drawing board and introduced a few flaws. That way they can make more money by selling you a second, improved one later. :p

:rolleyes:

H

I heard that they delayed the release so they could finish the 1/48 GBP armor that will be released exactly 3 months after the 1/60 GBP so they can make us all look like fools for buying the crappy 1/60 when they know we all would rather have the 1/48. Didn't you know they hired Dr. EVIL. HOOOHAAA HOOHAAA HOOHAAA

Actually, I think they delayed the release because it was too good. So, they went back to the drawing board and introduced a few flaws. That way they can make more money by selling you a second, improved one later. :p

:rolleyes:

H

Ah, the old Harmony Gold/Toynami theory. Also known as "let's screw up the MPC VF-1J so bad that we can make people buy more by saying we fixed the problems".

Great question, You are not the only one curious.

Edited by Mechwarrior

Thanks all! I had no idea that asking one simple question would gather so much wisdom! :o Especialy from Blaine who showed me how to search the forums! Unfortunatly, having at least seven fingers and part of a frontal lobe, I already knew that "GBP" was only 3 characters and too short, and "ARMOR" brought back tons of stuff! :p

Sounds like Im not the only one waiting on it, or frustrated about it. of course I still run the risk that even though they SAY it will fit on all 1/60s now, that it might not fit on my Max type. Well, if so, then Im only out $25 bucks.

I can't wait to get this thing, that's all I know. I'm thinking one or two 1/60 sets. I'll probably pass on 1/48 if/when it comes out. ;)

Thanks all! I had no idea that asking one simple question would gather so much wisdom! :o Especialy from Blaine who showed me how to search the forums! Unfortunatly, having at least seven fingers and part of a frontal lobe, I already knew that "GBP" was only 3 characters and too short, and "ARMOR" brought back tons of stuff! :p

Sounds like Im not the only one waiting on it, or frustrated about it. of course I still run the risk that even though they SAY it will fit on all 1/60s now, that it might not fit on my Max type. Well, if so, then Im only out $25 bucks.

Grow that lobe a bit more and you could search "armor" in "thread titles only" in the "toys" section. ;) That's what I did and that's where I got the answer.

Just trying to be helpful.

And for your reference, yeah, we're all waiting on it. I hope it comes along soon. ;)

This will be my only 1/60 VF-1 toy, as I will want a valk in scale to all the Zentran mecha to come (please Yamato). Plus the GBP armor is a favorite of mine since I first saw it oh so long ago. Will definately also get the 1/48 GBP version when it's released.

Last I read about the 1/60 GBP on some chinese site is that Yamato is still trying to find a supplier that can produce thicker sticker sheets. They also re-hired the backpack hinge engineer to redesign the chest missile bay doors.

How hard can it be to design a single hinge when you've allready made Soooo many impressive toys. :p

You guys are throwing around 1/48 GBP like it's solid information, is it fact or just wishfull thinking?

Fort Max

We should start a betting pool on which of Yamato's release dates actually work out on time. I am thinking the GBP will trickle in first week or two of June.

hope it comes out within june. I don't want to see it follow the path of the 1/60 fastpack upgrade kit.

I was worried about this too, until I saw it posted on the front page of the Yamato website and shown at the recent hobby show. This implies to me that it is coming soon.

Well, now. A bit of a surprise.

According to Neova's preorder thread they are still on track for the end of the month.

Kewl.

Edited by Anubis

2004年5月下旬

yippie yippie yippie my japanese is very rusty but this from what i can tell is may

went to bable fish and got this

Sale 2004 late May estimate value 10,290 Yen explanation * VF-1J+ アーマード part: 10,290 Yen アーマード part single item: 4,095 Yen Material: ABS/PVC/Die-Cast size: Total height approximately 240mm Installing possible アーマード equipment is appearance in 1/60 3 step deformation Valkyries. (You cannot install in the double seat type of VF-1D VT-1 VE-1. ) Each missile launcher hatch is opening and closing possible. The image of smart VF-1 profound tank image is feature in the exact opposite
Edited by buddhafabio