New Eva Figures with Rei and Asuka

August - Version 2 Pajama figures (Luminous)

Does that mean they glow? :blink:

I'm planning to get the gothic lolita version too. Hope that Goth Rei gets made as well....as it will go well with the asuka. Weird that there's no Rei version from Kotobukiya.

This Asuka will go good with the party dress Rei Statue I got a while ago though.

Got pics of that Rei you speak of?

Its the one lying down on the floor wearing a black purple evening dress.

I think these are posted before back....but i think this is the only SEGA prize set i'm getting. The number of this figures coming out is crazy....have to narrow it down even though all of them are pretty good.

ninja.jpg

specops.jpg

This Asuka will go good with the party dress Rei Statue I got a while ago though.

Got pics of that Rei you speak of?

She's in the center of my Eva shelf, couple pics up.

The camo Asuka is kind of tempting, but after the Gothic Lolita Asuka I think I'm done.

That'll bring me to:

Sega Plug Suit Rei/Asuka

Grimrock ver. Swimsuit Rei/Asuka (put away)

Misato uniform statue

Manga Vol. 7 Xmas figures

Asuka Summer Casual

Asuka Gothic Lolita

Rei Party Dress Statue

Sega End of Eva figure Set

a few Gashapons left in a storage box.

That should about cover me for Eva stuff, though I do need a Chogokin Eva 00 Yellow still.

Edited by Anubis

Here are the End of Eva figures.

I still don't really like the Asuka figure that much, but I got this set for Lilith-Rei and Shinji anyway.

Those two are pretty nice. When the Gothic Asuka comes out I'll probably put the Asuka from this set away.

post-26-1113640694_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

• 4 weeks later...

If I didn't have the pre-paint Hobbyfan Misato already I'd have snatched this New Line completed one in a heatbeat. Nice of them to give her the cool base to go with it too.

In case people were wondering, the spec ops rei and asuka are out, but unfortunately they look quite bad for the final sculpt. The weapons are good though but the actual figures itself unfortunately were pretty bad.

• 6 months later...

Beating out the Rei/Asuka Plusgsuit Medicom figures and the Alter statues on my list, Kotobukiya is releasing one of my favorite statue pairs in PVC in January. Also the Kotobukiya is very well priced.

January is a very good Eva month. It's a tough call with so many good figures.

and no one is making a Shinji STILL. :angry:

One good Shinji plugsuit figure is all I ask.

Here's the Kotobukiya 1/8 Plugsuit Statue PVC.

10046819a3rk.jpg

Here's the Alter 1/5 statues (about $60 + shipping)

Rei (already out)

alt201011zy.jpg

and Asuka (coming in Jan)

alt201106zu.jpg

The Medicoms due in January (posted previously)

evarahreicopy6hp.jpg

evarahasukacopy0qf.jpg

I was set on the Medicom statues when thsoe were announced, but the Alters had me thinking about those instead. The Kotubukiya pair is a great alternative to either.

The Medicoms are probably going to be terrific, but at $100 a piece they're super pricey.

Right now I'm going for the Kotobukiya set. There was a time I thought about having a resin version painted for me. I really like that one.

Now some Microman plugsuit figures would be nice too.

If I have enough extra cash I might consider the Medicoms as well. They look perfect but you have to pay through the nose for that. Enough to be a deterrent when there's quality alternatives coming out too.

Edited by Anubis

• 2 weeks later...

$190 is really high for those. HLJ has them for a little over a 100.

Still an expensive figure, but not 190.

So I ran the search engine and didn't find anything so here goes:

Angel-girls coming in Jan. 

http://www.hobby-wave.com/pickup/shito_xx/index.html

I'm not too versed in all the non Asuka/Rei Eva models, but how many angels actually got figures and not just the kubrik sd-ones?

angels.gif

352105[/snapback]

These are the Evangelion XX or Double X series where they depict angels as girls. So far Satchiel and Zeruel's prototype pics are out, whereas a sketch of Tabris and Lilith (which is Rei ayanami in plugsuit with wings) are out.

http://www.gainax.co.jp/goods/angel_xx/index.html

And AFAIK, the only other Angels that got figures/models were:

Satchiel 1/100 Bandai

Zeruel 1/144 Bandai

Various bandai gashapons

And i guess the rest of the angels aren't really aesthetically pleasing to make toys out of. :lol: Like mebbe a floating ball....floating diamond, daddy long legs....eyeball from space....etc.

Edited by wolfx

There's also the Kaiyodo Sachiel figure. That one wasn't bad at all really. More of a posable statue, but looks good. It's the only Angel figure that I know of.

It's true though, out of all of them before Kaoru, Sachiel is the easiest on to make a real figure out of. The other ones fixed pose gashapon would be the best method IMO.

Sachiel looks the best though.

I'm not interested in the other 3 angel-girl figures, but the winged "Lilith-Rei" would be pretty cool.

post-514-1134539727_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

• 6 months later...
I have the game but my PS2's swap magic 2.0 won't play it.. Wonder if 3.0 will.  Lately more and more of the Japanese titles won't play on 2.0.

That Jet alone is kinda fugly.  I like the hammer but hate the Jet alone.

143433[/snapback]

Sorry to butt in with an OT post but is this "swap magic" one of those discs that will let ypu play import games without needing to mod the console?

I'm looking for something that will let me play SRW Alpha 3. :D

I have the game but my PS2's swap magic 2.0 won't play it.. Wonder if 3.0 will.  Lately more and more of the Japanese titles won't play on 2.0.

That Jet alone is kinda fugly.  I like the hammer but hate the Jet alone.

143433[/snapback]

Sorry to butt in with an OT post but is this "swap magic" one of those discs that will let ypu play import games without needing to mod the console?

I'm looking for something that will let me play SRW Alpha 3. :D

409474[/snapback]

Yep. check either in the games thead to see if SRW 3 will work. You can also check ps2nfo.com for that info and info about the swap disks themselves. I eventually got the eva game to work but it sucks.

Just a quick note that the Angel Chromosome-XX figures by WAVE were made available in the U.S. by Yamato and we actually have them in stock now! Please check link below for further info:

Evangelion Angel Chromosome-XX figures

These come in really beautiful window box packaging. Unfortunately I haven't had any free time to take pics of them :(

Best Regards,

Tam

• 4 weeks later...

In the description on the Volks site it says that these arent available overseas due to licensing issues. :( Ok fine. Then how can i get these.

Gotta say it again that Rei Statue really is nice.

Volks

post-3216-1153126420_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

PM me Macross73, I know somebody might be able to help you. I order them through this guy. Don't know if he is till taking orders but I'll ask ;)

In the description on the Volks site it says that these arent available overseas due to licensing issues.  :(    Ok fine. Then how can i get these.

Gotta say it again that Rei Statue really is nice.

416800[/snapback]

Edited by Mowe

Y'know, maybe it's inappropriate for me to say all these things, but really, the amount of Rei and Asuka statues in various stages of dress and undress is really getting creepy.

They aren't even of legal age, I think...

Brrr.

416803[/snapback]

lets just say that they're Animated and leave it at that.

They're of the perfect legal age-in places like Japan and Mexico, where it's o.k. to gunpod a girl at the tender age of 14. Besides, with bodies like those does it really matter how long they've been on the Earth as it went around the sun?

back on topic before somethig happens.... :ph34r:

where and when is this statue gonna be available and how tall is it? what materials are used is it Resin?

edit : where was the pic of thsi taken from?

post-3216-1153128731_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73