New Eva Figures with Rei and Asuka

Gotta be from the game. Unit 1 has that hideous armor on it :( , and the right one looks like some kind of new "Jet Alone" model, so that would be the bad guy mecha.

going via babelfish here's what i come up with:

It's from the EVA game

It's from Bandai

There is a secret.. chase figure related to Asuka?

Randomly distributed in the box

Comes out this month (May)

quote of babeled text:

Game ' new century エヴァンゲリオン 2 ' of yet deep-rooted popularity appears new model エヴァンゲリオン which, Bandai to ハイクオリティ multi-layerization! As for line-up F type equipment and JA reforming of the first number machine, the twill wave ray, 惣 there is a secret in 4 kinds of flow ground mosquito Langley's. * Being purchased in the box, there is no guarantee that the figure of all type is even.

* Manufacturer: Bandai

* Reservation price(including tax): ¥3486 2004 May sale schedule

Pffft....old news fanboys....pre ordered them from HLJ about a month ago, the grimrocks and the pinky:st ;)

Those things sell like hot cakes....about 2 days after i preordered, they stopped preorders.

I happen to think anything with a hammer that big is cool. I'd love to see the JA' in action.

No, I'd like to have the game it's supposed to appear in XD

As for the equipment, newtype says that's AT control feild equipment. You can't have a Full Armor Eva, so they came up with this nifty gear instead. All they said about the JA' is that it's smaller than the origional and that when using it, spin the entire torso around so that the hammer does the most damage. Of course, the screen shot showed it bashing the crap out of a M-P Evangelion unit, so i'm happy :)

and they were available via Diamond in last month's Previews.

edit - and supposedly the Rei in Schoolgirl outfit is upcoming.

Uh dude...i think that school costume is from the other Pinky figures. The picture is to demonstrate that the heads, accesories can be interchanged like the other Pinky figures. I'm buying the rei/asuka along with 3 other Pinkies from HLJ. Sweet mixing and matching goodness. :lol:

I have the book from the new 2nd game. The character interactions look great. Shinji gets to date both Asuka and Rei at different points it appears :)

In a twist the operational Eva units are 00, 01, 02, 03, and 05, with Toji and Kaoru piloting. Odd to see a white mass production model fighting along side the other Eva's. There was also a shot of Kensuke in an orang plugsuit. The character aspects seem pretty interesting. There are shots of the Evas fighting past angels as well so I don't know what the deal is there.

Edited by Anubis

Someone had better post screencaps or other pictures of this game. I wanna see!

It seems like one of those "branching story" tpe of games. There were no "controlling unit one to kick ass" screenshots in the book that I could tell, it was all Animation.

I'm curious to know more about it myself.

Uh dude...i think that school costume is from the other Pinky

no i've read elsewhere that they might come out with that figure.

I could've sworn that that's the uniform with the other Pinky...and at least Rei's uniform doesn't look like that.

No matter....who has a larger scan of this magazine page so we can see what it says.

EDIT: I'm now very sure those are parts of Pinky 04 and 05.

The bottom from #4

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?GNZPK-004

The top from #5

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?GNZPK-005

Compare it to the rei with school uniform.

Edited by wolfx

Uh dude...i think that school costume is from the other Pinky

no i've read elsewhere that they might come out with that figure.

I could've sworn that that's the uniform with the other Pinky...and at least Rei's uniform doesn't look like that.

No matter....who has a larger scan of this magazine page so we can see what it says.

EDIT: I'm now very sure those are parts of Pinky 04 and 05.

The bottom from #4

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?GNZPK-004

The top from #5

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?GNZPK-005

Compare it to the rei with school uniform.

I think it was mentioned in one of the item pages that all the pinky's were designed to interchange parts. So you could use the phugsuit shirt on another doll for instance.

I have the book from the new 2nd game. The character interactions look great. Shinji gets to date both Asuka and Rei at different points it appears :)

In a twist the operational Eva units are 00, 01, 02, 03, and 05, with Toji and Kaoru piloting. Odd to see a white mass production model fighting along side the other Eva's. There was also a shot of Kensuke in an orang plugsuit. The character aspects seem pretty interesting. There are shots of the Evas fighting past angels as well so I don't know what the deal is there.

I got the impression that the JA' was a pilotable machine to Fight the MP evas, which would have been cool because I rate the JA' over the MPs anyday.

Newtype says amazing things about this game. Suppoedly this is the closest that game designers have to abducting Anno and questioning him for everything about Eva (They did, acutally, and it lasted longer than ten hours so Newtype says) The scripts for the game are more than a foot tall.

The game supposedly allows you to re-play the entire Evangelion series, any change you can make can and will effect the rest of the story (As already said). As for screenshots the ones you can find here and there are random clips, nothing really revealing (Other than the return of Eva 03 and yes, even the silver unit 4.)

cute.... as in an S&M kind of way cute? :blink:

THe only way its S&M cute is the chained thing....otherwise catgirls always get my vote. :)

I got the impression that the JA' was a pilotable machine to Fight the MP evas, which would have been cool because I rate the JA' over the MPs anyday.

Newtype says amazing things about this game. Suppoedly this is the closest that game designers have to abducting Anno and questioning him for everything about Eva (They did, acutally, and it lasted longer than ten hours so Newtype says) The scripts for the game are more than a foot tall.

The game supposedly allows you to re-play the entire Evangelion series, any change you can make can and will effect the rest of the story (As already said). As for screenshots the ones you can find here and there are random clips, nothing really revealing (Other than the return of Eva 03 and yes, even the silver unit 4.)

What's a JA and MP? :blink:

Anyway, I bought the game but don't own a PS2 since I'm such an EVA freak. I brought it over to a friend's place to play the training mission which was the same as the 1st episode of EVA. SAchiel comes through the city and Misato guides you like the small scaredy whiny Shinji that you are.

Misato: "Press X button"

Shinji: "I don't wanna! Why must I fight? I hate you, DAD!"

Misato:"........."

At least that's what I kinda understood from the Japanese speech that was going on, but otherwise, I don't know how you play the game. My EVA01 does kicks at Sachiel and stuff....and I don't know what's happening. Unfortunately I don't think playing this game without knowing rudimentary Japanese is possible.

But the game plays like Super Robot Wars during battles. You see a tactical screen like how you see it in NERV headquarters. Very fancy green/yellow map and red blips and symbols that show you where the weapons bays are. You move your eva represented by a red icon...i think. And then when you engage the angel, you view the action via "live" cameras in the area just like in the EVA anime.

JA = Jet Alone. The "competitor mecha" that had the nuclear reactor inside it in the show originally. New version of it to contend with in the new game.

MP = the white Mass-Production Model Eva's from End of Eva that ran off of Kaworu dummy plugs. The one in the game is actually piloted by Kaworu.

If I had a scanner here I'd take scans of the book. :(

Animenation had them in stock if anyone wanted one though.

Edited by Anubis

If you want to get technical, (Ja') is JA-Prime. If the cards fall correctly the JA project continues and produces this prime variant, which is also armed. In addition to the massive hammer it comes with a shock ring that I belive can snap AT feilds. It has it's own form of connection plug too, it's needed for coolant to cool the production-type reactor.

Hmm...can't find any book related to the game on Animenation...

Here it is:

Evangelion 'Iron Girlfriend' 2nd Encyclopedia

Good book, picked it and Die Sterne up at the same time.

animenation_1788_43225567.jpg

post-26-1084371901_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis