New Eva Figures with Rei and Asuka

Dude...that's the artbook for Girlfriend of Steele 2 or Iron Maiden 2. And I thought you were talking about Evangelion 2, the PS2 game that the figures were from. :huh:

Iron Maiden 2 has pretty crappy art IMHO. They weren't illustrated by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and instead look like a collection of doujin drawings. Iron Maiden 1 introduced a new female character whose name I forgot, who was also the pilot for EVA03.

Iron Maiden series are pretty much like any dating sim game. I'm not sure how the combat mechanics work in that game, but I think it requires nothing more than making choices:

a.) kick the angel

b.) use progressive knife

c.) run away.

Dude...that's the artbook for Girlfriend of Steele 2 or Iron Maiden 2. And I thought you were talking about Evangelion 2, the PS2 game that the figures were from. :huh:

Iron Maiden 2 has pretty crappy art IMHO. They weren't illustrated by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and instead look like a collection of doujin drawings. Iron Maiden 1 introduced a new female character whose name I forgot, who was also the pilot for EVA03.

Iron Maiden series are pretty much like any dating sim game. I'm not sure how the combat mechanics work in that game, but I think it requires nothing more than making choices:

a.) kick the angel

c.) run away.

Isn't that the only PS2 game, or is there another one I don't know about?

Dude...that's the artbook for Girlfriend of Steele 2 or Iron Maiden 2. And I thought you were talking about Evangelion 2, the PS2 game that the figures were from.  :huh:

a.) kick the angel

c.) run away.

Isn't that the only PS2 game, or is there another one I don't know about?

You probably don't know about it then...hehe

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game100203b.htm

post-26-1084378379.jpg

Edited by wolfx

Battle map mode. Turn based.

eva13.jpg

Action mode using live cameras in Tokyo 3.

eva14.jpg

"Dating" mode

eva7.jpg

More action mode

eva5.jpg

Story mode.....anime anyone? :lol:

eva30.jpg

And this is the game where the F-type armour which you see the evangelion figures have appear.

Edit: Bah...no direct linking....gonna sleep now so am not gonna bother for now....zzzzz

Edited by wolfx

Oh, stupid me then, I thought all this stuff was in the Iron Girlfriend 2nd. How in the bloody hell did I miss another game coming out? :( Especially one that looks as damned sweet as that.

I hope they import it. I'd take either of them though. Learn something new every day.

Edited by Anubis

How about these figures?  Anybody getting these?  I forgot who got the chinese dress ones.

I did. :) Good figures. Those classroom ones are nice too, but not for me. Most of the new sega figures are pretty good. I didn't like the face sculpts on the ver. 2 school uniform figures, but that's about it.

The two school figures that came in my gasaphon 6-pack (you can see 3 from that set in this pic) will suffice for that.

Still waiting on my Misato completed statue from Hobbyfan. :(

post-26-1084386728_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

And this?

Whoa. Where can I find a set of these? B))

last time I saw the classroom desk figures was on e-bay. The ver. 2 school uniform figures (don't look as good this time IMO) can still be found online, but are going quick.

School swimsuit ones are forthcoming as well, as are new beach and plus suit figures.

post-26-1084388982_thumb.jpg

I'm still wating on this completed beauty from hobbyfan.

post-26-1084389180_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Damn you Anubis!!!! now I have to spend more money :p Seriously sweet Misato figure. As for Rei and Asuka figures I have quite a collection going but even I think they're going a little overkill, the chinese dress figures are very nice but I think after the grimrock and sega plug suit figures my rei and asuka figure collecting will be coming to an end.

Rob :ph34r:

The Misato is a $90 resin statue. I want a good Misato, so I'm willing to cough up some green for her. Especially a pre-painted one (some assembly required). They are in stock now as of Friday, and I'm waiting for my peorder to ship. I'm not sure how long to give them before I politely remind them about my order. Misato is my favorite from Eva, and I've been waiting for a good completed statue of her that I could afford.

The China Dress figures I got from NCSX for 67 shipped. Last time I looked they were both still in stock too.

Edited by Anubis

The Misato is a $90 resin statue. I want a good Misato, so I'm willing to cough up some green for her. Especially a pre-painted one (some assembly required). They are in stock now as of Friday, and I'm waiting for my peorder to ship. I'm not sure how long to give them before I politely remind them about my order. Misato is my favorite from Eva, and I've been waiting for a good completed statue of her that I could afford.

The China Dress figures I got from NCSX for 67 shipped. Last time I looked they were both still in stock too.

$67?! ouch! Yesanime has them for $25 per set and they are on preorder. As for the Rei Ayanami & Asuka Grimlock! Mix Edition YesAsia.com has them for $37.99 preorder. You getting them Anubis?

The Misato is a $90 resin statue.  I want a good Misato, so I'm willing to cough up some green for her.  Especially a pre-painted one (some assembly required).  They are in stock now as of Friday, and I'm waiting for my peorder to ship.  I'm not sure how long to give them before I politely remind them about my order.  Misato is my favorite from Eva, and I've been waiting for a good completed statue of her that I could afford.

The China Dress figures I got from NCSX for 67 shipped.  Last time I looked they were both still in stock too.

$67?! ouch! Yesanime has them for $25 per set and they are on preorder. As for the Rei Ayanami & Asuka Grimlock! Mix Edition YesAsia.com has them for $37.99 preorder. You getting them Anubis?

Nah, I don't think I'm getting the Grimrock figures. They are pretty good though.

Gotta ask though: What the heck is that wrapped around Rei's leg? :huh:

Thew China Dress figures are becoing pretty scarce. NCSX was the only online store I saw that had them in stock, and on ebay they cost more than that, before shipping. :(

Edited by Anubis

And this?

What exactly are these? Gashapon or trading figs?

15-20cm figures. PVC statues basically. Range from 1/8 to 1/6 scale I guess give or take.

The gasaphons are tiny, you can see 3 of them next to the china dress figures in my group pic above.

Edited by Anubis

And this?

15-20cm figures. PVC statues basically. Range from 1/8 to 1/6 scale I guess give or take.

The gasaphons are tiny, you can see 3 of them next to the china dress figures in my group pic above.

Just to avoid confusion, I was talkin about the school desk figures. You sure they are the big ones and not the small ones? I think I saw a picture of them on the Jap toy boards and they were gashapon/trading figure size.

And this?

Just to avoid confusion, I was talkin about the school desk figures. You sure they are the big ones and not the small ones? I think I saw a picture of them on the Jap toy boards and they were gashapon/trading figure size.

The majaority of Sega's figures are in the size range that I mentioned hovewring around 20cm, occasionally a little bigger. Some are smaller, around 14cm, like the upcoming 3 packs. Since they are sitting, the desk figures are 8 cm high. Not big, but nicely detailed. You definately get your money's worth with the original prices the eva figures go for. Once it goes e-bay only, then you get gouged.

The majaority of Sega's figures are in the size range that I mentioned hovewring around 20cm, occasionally a little bigger. Some are smaller, around 14cm, like the upcoming 3 packs. Since they are sitting, the desk figures are 8 cm high. Not big, but nicely detailed. You definately get your money's worth with the original prices the eva figures go for. Once it goes e-bay only, then you get gouged.

I know that.

But are you dead sure these are sega figures?

Cause I can't find them under sega in HLJ.

The majaority of Sega's figures are in the size range that I mentioned hovewring around 20cm, occasionally a little bigger.  Some are smaller, around 14cm, like the upcoming 3 packs.  Since they are sitting, the desk figures are 8 cm high.  Not big, but nicely detailed.  You definately get your money's worth with the original prices the eva figures go for.  Once it goes e-bay only, then you get gouged.

I know that.

That would be because the desk figures are discontinued. You have to do the advanced search to see them along with the other Segas at HLJ. Hobbby Serarch has them all listed by default as well, even though thy are of course sold out there as well. They have better pictures too. Run a search for Evangelion there.www.1999.co.jp/eng

The majaority of Sega's figures are in the size range that I mentioned hovewring around 20cm, occasionally a little bigger.  Some are smaller, around 14cm, like the upcoming 3 packs.  Since they are sitting, the desk figures are 8 cm high.  Not big, but nicely detailed.  You definately get your money's worth with the original prices the eva figures go for.  Once it goes e-bay only, then you get gouged.

I know that.

That would be because the desk figures are discontinued. You have to do the advanced search to see them along with the other Segas at HLJ. Hobbby Serarch has them all listed by default as well, even though thy are of course sold out there as well. They have better pictures too. Run a search for Evangelion there.www.1999.co.jp/eng

Thanks for the site. I had no idea it was that old. It slipped through my net. Sigh! Oh well. There are way too many rei/asukas out there to collect them all anyway.

The Misato is a $90 resin statue.  I want a good Misato, so I'm willing to cough up some green for her.  Especially a pre-painted one (some assembly required).  They are in stock now as of Friday, and I'm waiting for my peorder to ship.  I'm not sure how long to give them before I politely remind them about my order.  Misato is my favorite from Eva, and I've been waiting for a good completed statue of her that I could afford.

The China Dress figures I got from NCSX for 67 shipped.  Last time I looked they were both still in stock too.

Nah, I don't think I'm getting the Grimrock figures. They are pretty good though.

Gotta ask though: What the heck is that wrapped around Rei's leg? :huh:

Thew China Dress figures are becoing pretty scarce. NCSX was the only online store I saw that had them in stock, and on ebay they cost more than that, before shipping. :(

Hey Anubis,

I went to my local anime store here and I got me Asuka chinese dress one. They didnt have the Rei but it is at the other store so I have it on hold for me. Cost like $24 each. They had 4 sets earlier so I was told. They are going quick. They said they are reordering more...

As for the grimlock ones, looks cute but I dunno if I want to get them.

Hey Anubis,

I went to my local anime store here and I got me Asuka chinese dress one.  They didnt have the Rei but it is at the other store so I have it on hold for me.  Cost like $24 each.  They had 4 sets earlier so I was told. They are going quick. They said they are reordering more...

As for the grimlock ones, looks cute but I dunno if I want to get them.

Good deal, congrats on the find. The only real anime store left here, Creature Zone, isn't as resourceful. During my quest I mentioned the new Sega line and he had no idea what I was talking about. Needless to say I don't go there much.

G-Sentry was better but they're closing.

Edited by Anubis

• 3 weeks later...

Great News:

Hobby Search has the Asuka and Rei China Dress figures restocked if anyone else wanted them.

They also got the expensive Aizu 1/4 swimsuit statues restocked as well for those with deep deep pockets.

Why do these figures get sold out so quickly? If you didn't pre-order, it's likely you would have missed them. :(

why? it's eva chicks+cutsie figures = instant sell out.

with diamond importing them i have no doubt they wont be overly difficult to find. personally i think i'm going to cancel my preorder.

Great News:

Hobby Search has the Asuka and Rei China Dress figures restocked if anyone else wanted them.

They also got the expensive Aizu 1/4 swimsuit statues restocked as well for those with deep deep pockets.

Have you ordered from them before? How do you rate their service? I personally like the Asuka Soryu Langley (Popsicle Ver.)

Great News:

Have you ordered from them before? How do you rate their service? I personally like the Asuka Soryu Langley (Popsicle Ver.)

I got my Mizuho Swimsuit PVC from Hpbby Search a couple months ago. They are cheaper than HLJ generally, and it shipped pretty quick. The key is getting to them while the item is in stock. I have started checking there every day or every other day to see what comes out. Their closing acceptance could be nice though, because you can probably rest assured the order you made before that will be filled.

They update daily the stuff that comes back in stock.

Good site. One of these days I'll give them another try.

Just checked Hobby Search, and the Cina Dress Figures are now sold out again! That was quick. They must have only gotten a handful back in stock. Gotta jump on these Sega figures quick when you can.

why? it's eva chicks+cutsie figures = instant sell out.

But since it's Evangelion, wouldn't they at least take the popularity into account and have a larger run?

I want the seaside set of 3 figures and the school uniform with tables.. but both are sold out!

The uniform w/ tables set, it was released in Feburary this year. Wasn't interested in it until the Minmay diorama came out.. then suddenly I had table fetish! :p

I don't know why the seaside set sells for only 1805 yen at Hobby Search. Other places sell double the price! Released in May, sold out in May!

Both are still available, but you have to pay much more.. <_<