Better hurry

APU

APU, make sure you do a review on it when you get it. I don't think this is the big 1/3000 one. It doesn't even look like it has landing gears. I'd say it's the smaller one. But I'm not too entirely sure. Give us an update.

I will give a review when it comes. I think its kinda big because I use the corner of the bed it is on as a size judgment but the photo of it out the box looks small....hell, I dont know.

We are talking about the TOY, not the auction. If the MODS want to move it, they will.

You start the thread with 'Better hurry - SDF-1', and the only thing in your first post is a link to an Ebay auction. If this was a toy discussion thread, you would have made the title 'Has anyone seen one of these before', linked to the auction, and then asked some questions. Should have been started in the Auction forum, plain and simple.

We are talking about the TOY, not the auction. If the MODS want to move it, they will.

You start the thread with 'Better hurry - SDF-1', and the only thing in your first post is a link to an Ebay auction. If this was a toy discussion thread, you would have made the title 'Has anyone seen one of these before', linked to the auction, and then asked some questions. Should have been started in the Auction forum, plain and simple.

Exactly.

APU, you're response of "We are talking about the TOY, not the auction. If the MODS want to move it, they will." is kind of smarmy (indicated by the capitalization of "TOY").

Learn some TACT, man!

Why do you guys have to be so serious about everything? I thought I was on a toy board but you can be so negative some times. I wasnt advertising the auction, I just wrote hurry because it was a topic about this SDF-1on this board and I wanted you guys to see that there is more out there if you wanted it and spark discussion about the toy, not the auction. Some tact? Ill leave that alone.

Well... maybe this is a negative toy forum... can't we be both? :p

But to be more serious, just because someone thinks it should be posted somewhere else doesn't make the forum negative, it just makes it a bit anal-retentive.

As for the APU name... I always thought you ran the Kwik-E-Mart, man!

post-4-1083953547.jpg

Well... maybe this is a negative toy forum... can't we be both? :p

But to be more serious, just because someone thinks it should be posted somewhere else doesn't make the forum negative, it just makes it a bit anal-retentive.

As for the APU name... I always thought you ran the Kwik-E-Mart, man!

that is what i was thinking also

This is the bigger one...

compared to the one APU put up...

<_< I dunno anything about sdf-1 toy, can a post a pic with a 1/55 or 1/60 or 1/48 (something i know :D ) aside

By the way : It seems that u cant keep an avatar more than a day these days. :D

Edited : delete pics

Edited by TheFrenchOne

how can you tell the size?

I'm guessing based on which sculpt they booted...

By the way : It seems that u cant keep an avatar more than a day these days. :D

I'm having trouble expressing myself... but I think Minmay pretty much says it all... ;)

how can you tell the size?

I'd guess it is kinda small (6-8"). I'm basing this on the lack of detail and lack of elbows. The screw holes may also be an indicator or they may be really big screws.

I can't tell what it's sitting on in the auction picture, but I would guess it is a table.

Guys, the topic of this thread is a semi-bootleg of the Takatoku 1/5700 Macross "block system" SDF-1. I started a thread on that a week or so ago in the Toys section.

"Semi-bootleg" because I suspect it was made using the original molds by Matsushiro or an associate, similar to the 1/55 and 1/100 Matsushiro "Space Fighter". There's also a 1/3000 "semi-bootleg" which has similar packaging to this one; the toy itself is supposedly nearly identical to the Takatoku 1/3000.

Anybody notice that the little launchers on the legs are missing. You know the one's that flip up on the Taka or Matchbox. It might be the right size but it definitely a bootleg. I wouldn't pay more than $30 for that ugly thing.

They could have at least given it DYRL arms instead of those poorly cast TV one's. Look at the end of its left arm and compare it to the original. THe spikes/points are much shorter.

Guys, the topic of this thread is a semi-bootleg of the Takatoku 1/5700 Macross "block system" SDF-1. I started a thread on that a week or so ago in the Toys section.

"Semi-bootleg" because I suspect it was made using the original molds by Matsushiro or an associate, similar to the 1/55 and 1/100 Matsushiro "Space Fighter". There's also a 1/3000 "semi-bootleg" which has similar packaging to this one; the toy itself is supposedly nearly identical to the Takatoku 1/3000.

About how many inches is the one in tne topic?

I'd pay $20 for it, but no more. Looks cool, but at the same time, looks tacky as hell. Still a lot better than anything Toynami has made :D Maybe Toynami should just repackage this into their book-style boxes and sell them for $80 a pop. (hehe)

And man, to comment about some of the forum topic issues: do we have to break down the forums so much? Who cares if it's an ebay or toy discussion... it's a TOY and it's on EBAY... so, it belongs in either/or as far as I'm concerned. Why make things complicated?

2 years from now, we're going to have a forum for every aspect:

TOY FORUM

TOY YOU GOT FROM EBAY FORUM

TOY YOU GOT FROM SOME FILIPINO GUY FORUM

TOY YOU GOT FROM SWAP MEET FORUM

TOY YOU BOUGHT WHILE EATING A SNICKERS BAR FORUM

Thanks mods for not moving this thread. And to the guys who want to make trivial things complicated... uh... your lives must be one, big cluster frakk. :D

I'd pay $20 for it, but no more. Looks cool, but at the same time, looks tacky as hell. Still a lot better than anything Toynami has made :D Maybe Toynami should just repackage this into their book-style boxes and sell them for $80 a pop. (hehe)

And man, to comment about some of the forum topic issues: do we have to break down the forums so much? Who cares if it's an ebay or toy discussion... it's a TOY and it's on EBAY... so, it belongs in either/or as far as I'm concerned. Why make things complicated?

TOY FORUM

Thanks mods for not moving this thread. And to the guys who want to make trivial things complicated... uh... your lives must be one, big cluster frakk. :D

I agree. But believe me MW is not that specific compared to some of the forums I visit. Some have more than 30 catagories.

TOY FORUM

But what about the TOY YOU BOUGHT ON EBAY WHILE EATING A SNICKERS BAR forum?