LV-7

The LV-7 isn't from Macross, and it's (technically) not a VF.

Kawamori designed it for the Air Cavalry Chronicles. I don't remember if it was supposed to be a game or something, but I don't think it ever got past the planning stages.

The VA-3, VF-9 and the Fz's from M7 are derived from Air Cavalry Chronicles designs.

Looks like a stylized F-104 Starfighter

I believe that was the inspiration.

I like the design alot but the battroid mode sucks (I hate HATE coneheaded robots) and I'm not feeling the forward swept wings much.

But it's a cool design.

Vostok 7

The LV-7 isn't from Macross, and it's (technically) not a VF.

Kawamori designed it for the Air Cavalry Chronicles. I don't remember if it was supposed to be a game or something, but I don't think it ever got past the planning stages.

The VA-3, VF-9 and the Fz's from M7 are derived from Air Cavalry Chronicles designs.

Air Cavalry Chronicles eventualy became the Vision of Escaflowne (note the names of the different forces in Air Cavalry: Asturia, Fanelia, and ZaiBach Empire) ...

Quote from the MAHQ site:

Next up is a mecha section for Air Cavalry Chronicles, with pictures courtesy of Jameson Leaser. While not a true Macross design series, it is related. These designs, which consist of some originals and some recycled Advanced Valkyrie designs, were originally for the project that evolved into Escaflowne. Many of these designs have since appeared in Macross 7 and other projects.

Here is the RAF desert storm like color. Could anyone show me how the 'Desert Pink' actually looks like? :)

Its very hard to show what desert pink looks like, as most people who see it only see a blur streaking past at zero feet, in front of the smoke column that used to be whatever they were defending... :p

Nice colours, though!

Is Desert Pink really still used? I read about Mountbatten Pink (something like that) which was used on ships in WWII, but eventually abandoned. I assumed Desert Pink was also relegated to the realm of nostalgia.

Anyway...so this thing has a battroid mode? Edit: Ah, okay.

Edited by ewilen

Nnnooooo, not swords..! :(

Nnnooooo, not swords..!  :(

Swords are fine, it's the conehead that pisses me off.

Vostok 7

You don't like the VF-14 then, do you? :p

Swords are fine, it's the conehead that pisses me off.

Vostok 7

The head looks pretty cool IMHO it reminds me of the 2nd group of Decepticon Seekers: Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet.

I thought the Jaguar and the Tornado during Desert Storm were in desert pink scheme?

Anyway, here is the cleaned up LV-7 battroid

So this is where Kawamori got the inspiration to do the SV-51 B)) niceeeee :D

What relevance does the head unit have ? does it have to look ok for some to like the entire mecha ? damn , some people are just picky.

Well , some like that trend , some other people don´t .

Looks like the Pope in power armour.

:lol::lol::lol:

Only thing missing is transformation sketches. Of course weather they really exist or not is a mystery...

Battroids and Fighters are not strictly related with Kawamori... I can't see a complete transformation. I feel like the swords were supposed to morph into wings.

Aegis, for me the SV-51 Battroid came from proto-Elgerzorene. Cone head, small forearm shields, crotch and all. Macross 7 Elegerzorene also gave SV-51 its purple/yellow colour scheme.

Air Chronicles, if you didn't see it

FV

I like LV-7. It resemble to F-104, in fact, in the Macross Handbook, Shoji Kamawori mentioned the F-104 (though I don't know much about Japanese), while the page shows this LV-7. Yes I don't like the sword either, I would prefer it to be equip with gun. ;)

Here is the LV-7 in Thunderbird scheme

post-26-1084096960_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
What relevance does the head unit have ? does it have to look ok for some to like the entire mecha ? damn , some people are just picky.

Hah. Yes. The head unit is key. Hence the hate some have for Firevalks. And my personal ambivalence towards the SV-51. And a bunch of other Kawamori designs. It just doesn't fly if it's wearing a silly looking giant hat. Picky we are.

-Al

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/aircaval...kou-fighter.jpg

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/aircaval...er-fastpack.jpg

I have a feeling Shoji was inspired by the Su-27 when he design the SeiRan. Looks very sleek to me.

Inspired is an understandment. The forward fuselage is virtually identical.

I LOVE it B))

post-26-1113237099_thumb.jpg

Ok, while we're at it, I think I'll hijack the thread just a little bit. Here's a pic of the Fast Pack Battroid mode (not really the same as the solo one, guess is a second version or something - it's more bad ass anyway :ph34r: )

post-26-1113238724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lindem Herz

Damn, double post. Ah, might as well use it.

Does anybody out there knows something of the feasibility of THIS design. As far as I know, it's supposed to attach and detach in midair - but I don't know how possible it is without entering into a world of pain like a flat spin or something.

Last post about the Seiran 99, I swear.

post-26-1113238527_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lindem Herz

I have a feeling Shoji was inspired by the Su-27 when he design the SeiRan. Looks very sleek to me.

Inspired is an understandment. The forward fuselage is virtually identical.

I LOVE it B))

WOOOOOOOWWWWWW! A Su-27 inspired VF!!!!! COOOL!

I have been trying to do sketches for a transformable su-27 and this sketch by Kawamori is 10X better than what I've done... We once again recognize the unrivaled master of mecha design here :o

The su-27 is my favorite real-life fighter! I play a su-27 sim for PC very often, don't know if you've ever heard about it, it's called Lock On: Modern Air Combat, and it rocks!!! :p

BTW, if Lindem Herz or anyone else has other sketches of this kind, please share!!!! I'm very curious about Kawamori's attempts to VF-ize real life warplanes :)

Damn, double post. Ah, might as well use it.

Does anybody out there knows something of the feasibility of THIS design. As far as I know, it's supposed to attach and detach in midair - but I don't know how possible it is without entering into a world of pain like a flat spin or something.

Last post about the Seiran 99, I swear.

NOOOO please more posts of SEIRAN + PICS, PLEAAAASE, we loves it! :p

About the feasability of such a design, where in fact the plane is made of two VF's that detach in flight, well I don't know much about that... That would be called a "parasite design" and that was studied very thoroughly in the fourties and fifties.The idea was to attach a small, short-range fighter (or several of them) onto a bomber. The fighter(s) would separate from the bomber if attacked by enemy fighters.

The separation phase was generally successfull, but the docking phase was very often a problem because of the turbulent wake of the bomber,which caused a controllability issue for the parasite... it was very hard for the parasite aircraft to dock onto the "bigger" aircraft! Sometimes a failed approach would result in a crash of the parasite onto the bomber. That happened with the "goblin".

Examples of (such) parasite designs:

The (US) goblin (fighter) and the B36 (bomber) (cancelled because too dangerous)

The (soviet) I-16 (fighter) and the SPB (bomber) (successful I think)

Sorry that's all I know...