Best "Soul Of Chogokin" set?

I have recently been stricken with osme osrt of "Chogokin" bug and have ben buying the SOC sets up like mad. Personally, and so far, I am hooked on my Dancouga. However, I am awaiting a Combattler-V (Black version), Grendizer (Black version) and Great Mazinger "R" version...so my personal jury is still out.

So what about you guys? :huh:

Sometimes, I grade the best SOC sets by the kind of shrieks I get . Almost everytime in the morning, I would use a different bot, and place it on my sleeping nephew's face. So far, my GX07 Mazinger got the highest score. I should try the bigger bots next time. :lol:

boss borot is great, and most people that see my collection like him best.

Daiku Maryu is viciously pointy and the a testiment to dangerous toys

and the full grendizer set and getter robo set are the most "fun" of the bunch.

honorable mention goes to aphrodai a for having some sweet assed shootin boobs

I have the Popynica Yamato...and it is as awesome as everyone had said. I think the Evas are great too, but something about me is digging those "Old School" bots... the Mazinger and Grendizer. Hell, it's all good really.....

The SoCs are all great toys, but my personal favorite is the standard color Combattler V, as that was my childhood favorite Super Robot anime back in the late 1970s.

I used to own the Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Grendizer, Hover Pilder & Getter Robo SOCs, but sold them all due to lack of space. The only one I kept was the Combattler V.

I've never liked the black 'Gucci' versions.

Graham

Only one I own is the Danny C, I may get the Zambot, and perhaps a Combattler V, but beyond that Super robots toys that have no variable ablilities usually don't do it for me. Though if they made an sleak 80's version of Tetsujin I'd nab that in a heartbeat. Also if they made a Getter Robo set that actually could break down and transform into all its individual parts, like the SHE, I'd nabe that as well. http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?SHE030

Edited by GobotFool

not SOC, but you should also check out the shin and neo getters from aoshima...pimp as hell (especially the black shin with the glow in the dark bits!!!)

To true... Those massive wings. Badass! B))

Ahhh SOC.... I love them all. Something about them that is classic and still appealing. I would have to say that like the OVA Mazinger, Full Grendizer Set, Getter Robo sets (both), Boss Borot, Combattler,Daiku Maryu, Dancouga,EVA's all the most.

And if anyone's looking for an Aoshima Neo Getter.... I have a new one for $65

GX-04S full set : Goldorak go! :lol:

not SOC, but you should also check out the shin and neo getters from aoshima...pimp as hell (especially the black shin with the glow in the dark bits!!!)

The Aoshima Shin Getter and Mazinkaiser are great toys, although the articulation is a bit less than most SoCs. The wings on those things are real space killers tho. :D

Graham

I was getting into the soc line. But I decided not to continue on. I came to the conclusion that for me, giant robots should be... well... HUGE!

But I'd get a Voltes V. :p

The quality is great on those toys. Its a great line.

While I agree that a bigger size would be good for some, I actually prefer their small-ish stature. I don't know about the rest of you, but display space is at a premium in my collection these days.

The 1/48 valks and the GX-13 Dancouga take up shelf space fast.

Curse SOCs :p , I own a few. My collection includes the Dancouga, Combattler V, Space Batteship Yamato and the Gaiking Space Dragon. Since I mutilated my orginal Voltes V as a child, I would love to see Bandai release an updated one.

• 8 months later...

Will Voltes V finally be a SOC?

From ZP:

http://www.zincpanic.com/view_article.phtml?id=21133

The sneaky people at Dengeki, the flame bearers of gokin hysteria and toy hype, have given us hints for the next 3 Soul of Chogokin toys. Let your mind wander over the following tidbits and clues ...

SOC 1

* From the 80's

* From Wheeled to Flying Mecha

* Less than 100m Tall

* Due in April Issue

SOC 2

* Powerful Enemy - Mass Produced

* To a Strong Ally at Many Times

* Young Boy

* Due in May Issue

SOC 3

* Combining

* Sibling Story

* Ninja Descendant

* Due in June Issue

It's pretty obvious #2 is Black Ox or Karolia and #3 Voltes. Choices for #1? Xabungle? Tryder? Srungle? Orguss? Bryger? RJ-tan?

Meanwhile, Erik opines "#2 is probably just the easy, predictable Karolia repaint Tetsujin 28. And #3 should be Tobikage, if I had my way."

Ed counters with "All three will be Mazinger Z."

Official announcements will come in Dengeki in 1 month intervals, starting with the next issue. Bahala na.

If so I'm surely gonna get one!

God yea. Voltes V is so popular in our homeland. Heck even my godbro's mom KNEW about it. Sometimes I wish I was born earlier so I could witness the fascination of super robots and voltes, but hey for a guy born in 84 I sure did witness a lot of things.

And at the same time missed out! sigh, g1, gijoes, super robots, rar................. :(

• 4 months later...

Rather than start another SOC thread I dug up this one. I just wanted to show you guys a few pics of the new Gaiking. It ROCKS! Comes with multiple sets of arms, legs and hands so you can build him in 'big' or 'skinny' modes. Also comes with 3 heads, one which you can pull apart to see the detail inside. Bigger than both the Mazingers and the new Shin Getter. And you can break him up into the 3 parts for display. I think he's my favourite so far. (thanks to blackaces for picking one up for me!)

gk10rh.jpg

gk20hh.jpg

gk34hq.jpg

I restrained myself to EVA 01... cause I'm waiting for the Aquarion SOC that should be coming out soon :lol:

01 is pretty good though, good posibility, lots of weapon options, and you can also go into berserker mode with it! I just wish they had included the S-core...

The only SOC I have is Eva 01 which is godadamn gorgeous and one of my favourite pieces from my collection.

I want to get Dancougar someday, Eva, 00/02 and the original Getter Robo set whenever Banndai reissues it.

I have allready pre-ordered Xabungle though, I love the smaller scale for him, it works really well and allows for the masses of weapons he has. :lol:

I want a white Eva-05 to finish the EVA set.

I want a white Eva-05 to finish the EVA set.

Ditto. I'm surprised they haven't made one yet.

My main SOC dream came true already: Tetsujin 28. Although the EVA-01 is one of my favorite all-time toys, I think I like SOC Fatty just a wee bit better. I'd like to see Black Ox made, but even more so I'd like to see a SOC Monster, which is basically just a tin can with wirey arms and legs. :)