Gundam MG collection

Although, I have the Re-GZ kit and I unfortunately snapped a key thigh-joint piece, it did not appear floppy prior to that.

But I have wondered if adding "nail polish" or something like it to the shoulder joints would help firm them up (i.e. Sazabi and shield combo).

That is, assuming this is the "trick" you're referring to.

yea the super glue trick does work, the zeta gundam is real floppy the wings are horrible, the hands are weird to, they have a hard time holding the hyper mega launcher ,the joints at the top of the arm are weak to much like the GP-02A, but a little glue on the joints make them nice and tight.

I'd like to see if someone has some experience with this on an MG kit.

Not sure if any of these products would work well inside the poly-capped joints.

**D"OH, answered before I posted!!!**

Zeo, do you mean in the shoulder poly-caps when you refer to the joints?

Edited by GRAND CANNON

i guess it depens on what kind of glue you use, i know by bad experience that some of the glue littlerly melts the rubber, so be careful I cannot remember what type I used , as for the joints I mean the one below the shoulder of the zeta, (can not remember what it is called), not the blue part, but the white part upper half of the arm <_< (hope you can follow what I mean, it is early and I am not quite awake yet) :p

yea the super glue trick does work, the zeta gundam is real floppy the wings are horrible, the hands are weird to, they have a hard time holding the hyper mega launcher ,the joints at the top of the arm are weak to much like the GP-02A, but a little glue on the joints make them nice and tight.

Cool thanks mate thats all i needed to know

*wombols off to order MG Zeta*

Hybridchild

i have not tried it just yet for those joints on the 2 Gundams i am right now out of glue , it is also a matter of how weak the arms are normaly with the GP-02A Shield and the Zeta's Hyper Cannon being just alittle to big for there own good, so I am not sure what type of difference the glue will make.

Wow, that makes me wish I painted my Sazabi in metallic red, instead of just doing some panel lining on the factory red plastic.

Is it true that the dry-transfers work on paint easier than they do on just the plastic?

Edited by Anubis

Is it true that the dry-transfers work on paint easier than they do on just the plastic?

I wish they would just give us the dry transfers, they are SO much easier to use and SO much better quality than the stickers that they give you with the MG, and especially the PG kits <_< .

I wish they would just give us the dry transfers, they are SO much easier to use and SO much better quality than the stickers that they give you with the MG, and especially the PG kits <_< .

Yeah, they look so much better. My Goud wook look a lot better with all dry-transfers. Downside is it's easy to screw one up. Do they rub on easier on paint than the actual plastic though? I've wondered about that.

Sazabi's were a pain in the butt. I'm still surprized I got the shield cross on right. I did screw up the bottom of the squiggly emblem on the skirt plate though. :( Thankfully only noticable up close.

Having made MG kits and a PG Eva-01, should I be able to make a 1/60 Glorious Series MS-07B Gouf? Is it like a big MG with wiring, or is it more complex than that? It seems like a daunting task, but looks awesome.

Edited by Anubis

Well, never mind the 1/60 gouf, I just made out like a bandit today.

GSentry, one of the few anime stores around here, is closing. :( Sorry to see it go, he had some good stuff for a while, and I found several wallscrolls there. His Gundam Kits always were a little pricey, but better than the other places around here, I still got all mine online anyway. I got my VF-19A there last year. With the closout sale, 50% off all anime merchandise, I got a PG Zeta Gundam during lunch for 135 bucks! I also got a MG Gouf custom, so I spent 175 bucks total for both after tax. Be building these boys soon. After exams of course. Along with my Freedom.

post-26-1083725579_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Wow, that makes me wish I painted my Sazabi in metallic red, instead of just doing some panel lining on the factory red plastic.

Dry-transfers may work better if you wash your plastic with warm soapy water first to get rid of the mold release agent.

Try blue instead on your Sazabi:

mix_ism_img600x600_1017927419sa

Dry-transfers may work better if you wash your plastic with warm soapy water first to get rid of the mold release agent.

It's like a Kampfer on steroids!!

Gorgeous.

It does look kind of like an evolved Kaempfer colored like that. :lol:

I think both were designed by Yutaka " Patlabor" Izubuki. That might explain the similarities, although technically both models inhereited Ramba Ral's Gouf colors.

Here's another alterna-color scheme which works well for a monoeye:

wow... you do that? I would have to agree that the Gouf looks... well... pretty awesome in that color scheme, maybe like a "what if..." Shin Matsunaga custom?

As my kits are all packed away :( , I'd like to show off someone else's work also......you can find more pics at Andrea Annibale's ZEON FORGE. Although some will find them "too dirty", I still say "Holy Schnikeees" when looking at them......

post-26-1083729621_thumb.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Couple more includng my favorite....the Kämpfer....

Woah, the way those two models are painted they look like the in game models from EIS and AEUG vs Titans.

• 1 month later...

Finally finished my PG Zeta gundam!

Awesome kit, I kinda want a PG Zaku now, but I don't know if I want to undertake a project this LONG again.

Edited by Anubis