New Aliens Vs. Predator featurette

glane21

Okay, at the end of Alien 3, that was supposed to be Weyland right?

No, it was just another Bishop android. If you look carefully after "85" bashes him with the wrench, you'll see that half of his head - especially around the ear - is sorta hanging off. It was just another company trick to try to get Ripley to turn over the queen.

Bingo.

No, it was just another Bishop android. If you look carefully after "85" bashes him with the wrench, you'll see that half of his head - especially around the ear - is sorta hanging off. It was just another company trick to try to get Ripley to turn over the queen.

What was up with the red blood then?

I never have very high expectations for any movie based on the Aliens franchise. It's a real shame the Alien franchise only lasted a singe movie.

Guh? Ok, you are officially the second person I know of on planet earth who does NOT like Aliens. Congratulations. :D

Thank you. Thank you very much. :)

Uhm, damn he's one well preserved guy, because Alien  took place like 50 years after Alien.  And we don't know how many years Alien is supposed to be in the future sooooooo.... :blink:

Could be a descendant, like his great great grandson or something.

If you watch carefully, when "85" hits bishop in the head you can see the ear falling a little bit. It was another android.

I will hate this movie so much if they introduce a half alien/predator hybrid. Like the stupid baby alien in Alien Resurrection. If I see a big mutant alien with dreadlocks in this movie, I will scream real loud and walk out of the cinema. <_<

I will hate this movie so much if they introduce a half alien/predator hybrid. Like the stupid baby alien in Alien Resurrection. If I see a big mutant alien with dreadlocks in this movie, I will scream real loud and walk out of the cinema. <_<

Are PredAliens canon? Saw them a lot in the two AVP games... and from what I gather, the two AVP games didn't deviate much from canon material...

or I could just be speaking out of my $#()* again...

oh, btw... I was thinking about Call when talking about Ash... arrrgg....

I will hate this movie so much if they introduce a half alien/predator hybrid. Like the stupid baby alien in Alien Resurrection. If I see a big mutant alien with dreadlocks in this movie, I will scream real loud and walk out of the cinema.  <_<

Are PredAliens canon? Saw them a lot in the two AVP games... and from what I gather, the two AVP games didn't deviate much from canon material...

or I could just be speaking out of my $#()* again...

oh, btw... I was thinking about Call when talking about Ash... arrrgg....

Technically speaking, the AVP franchise isn't even canon. It started out as a fanwork project for a comic due to the Alien skull cameo in Predator 2. The rest is history. So Predaliens are pretty much as canon as AVP is canon.

Oh, the predator helmet in the trailer looks pretty bad ass. It has teeth. :lol:

Technically speaking, the AVP franchise isn't even canon. It started out as a fanwork project for a comic due to the Alien skull cameo in Predator 2. The rest is history. So Predaliens are pretty much as canon as AVP is canon.

Oh, the predator helmet in the trailer looks pretty bad ass. It has teeth.  :lol:

huh... well, if the skull was in the movie, then it's canon enough for me :D

I was wondering about those teeth... cause if you look at the helmet right next to the view area... we see a rather dull, plain helmet... throughout the rest of the trailer, we see dull, plain helmets.... the only time it resurfaces is towards the end of the trailer, doing the *shink* with his wrist blades.

Given that in Predator lore, each helmet is unique to each individual predator... does this mean more than one predator, or is it some of that liquid metal armor coming into play? :lol:

err... basing all this on the manual from AVP again... so might not be canon :p

addendum: just watched all the other featurettes... yes! a, and I quote, "a whole hunting clan of predators." unquote. woot!!! I guess this is only news to me... :p

Edited by Akilae

I still say we need a bedscene between the Queen Alien and macho Predator... :p:p:p

Reading some magazine articles about this movie, the producers state that there'll be about FIVE Predators in the film, and they were having a hell of a time trying to establish different personailities in the characters, given that they're aliens and don't talk or have any dialog :)

As well, they decided to up the size of the wrist blades to make for a slightly more badass predator :)

One thing I'd like to see is when they start releasing the trailers for this film, is one trailer for each species. An Alien-centric trailer, human-centric trailer, and one for those nifty Predators.

Oh, and finally getting to see that shoulder targeting scope would rock.

Reading some magazine articles about this movie, the producers state that there'll be about FIVE Predators in the film, and they were having a hell of a time trying to establish different personailities in the characters, given that they're aliens and don't talk or have any dialog :)

As well, they decided to up the size of the wrist blades to make for a slightly more badass predator :)

One thing I'd like to see is when they start releasing the trailers for this film, is one trailer for each species. An Alien-centric trailer, human-centric trailer, and one for those nifty Predators.

Well, they're giving the main Predator (main character as he's referred to in the featurettes) the biggest shoulder cannon to ever grace the screen.

One thing I'd like to see is when they start releasing the trailers for this film, is one trailer for each species.  An Alien-centric trailer, human-centric trailer, and one for those nifty Predators.

Well, they're giving the main Predator (main character as he's referred to in the featurettes) the biggest shoulder cannon to ever grace the screen.

He's probably compensating for something :rolleyes: sorry couldn't resist.

You know... longer wrist blades, bigger cannons... what's next, cannons swinging out from under the crotch? <_<

alright.. let's get this back in line....

Phallus shaped tentacles....don't forget those! :lol:

I heard from a friend that the predators are a culture, not an alien race. IE: Any race can be a predator. There was some comic about some bad ass earth chick who got accepted into Predator society and was given the Predator gear. Then she would go around the galaxy hunting ass.

Like most people here, I will go to see this at the cinema when it comes out.

However, I'm refusing to watch any trailers and I'm not going to read any reviews prior to seeing it as I want to see it with as few preconcieved notions as possible.

Although honestly, I don't have very high expectations for any film with a 'Vs' in the title :D

Graham

One thing I hope they do in AvP... show as little of the Aliens as possible. Thats the biggest thing I hated the Ressurection. Alien, Aliens, and even Alien 3 were dark movies, and you could barely see the Alien, it added tension to the movies. Ressurection was like Aliens in disneyland. <_<

You know... longer wrist blades, bigger cannons... what's next, cannons swinging out from under the crotch? <_<

alright.. let's get this back in line....

Phallus shaped tentacles....don't forget those! :lol:

I heard from a friend that the predators are a culture, not an alien race. IE: Any race can be a predator. There was some comic about some bad ass earth chick who got accepted into Predator society and was given the Predator gear. Then she would go around the galaxy hunting ass.

That would be the original Aliens Vs. Predator Comic. After fighting the queen, the girl and the lead predator were all that was left, though the queen wounded the predator. Before dying, the predator snapped one of the queen's fingers off, and marked a lighning-bolt-looking symbol on her forehead, making her a blooded. At the end of the mini-series she was shown with her little house (with the queen's head mounted like a trophy on the roof) and she had some of his gear saved (I think).

In the sequel series (which wasn't as good) you see that the predators had come back to the planet, to see what happened, and find her there. She had the mark, which declared her a warrior of their own, so they took her with them, gave her some modified gear, and she rolled with them. Though they never directly spoke to her they communicated, and she had her own little room on the ship. I forgot what the actual plot was though.

I always hoped that the original would have been made into the movie. It was the best of any AvP's I've read. There was even an Alien stampeed (from a herd of cattle) that was sweet.

Oh, the predator helmet in the trailer looks pretty bad ass. It has teeth.  :lol:

Thats not the first time that Helmet is seen.....at the end of Predator 2 when the rest of the "crew/clan" de-cloaks, You can see a predator with that same mask step forward. I'll never forget it because I always thought it was Bad-A$$!!! I kept rewinding my tape so I could acurately draw it!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

NSync vs The Backdoor Boys

I'd actually like to see this if it was a campy slasher flick. I'd even go see it in the theater if it was a Gladiator-style cage match to the last man standing. Awesome way to poke a little fun at themselves while bringing in the guy crowd. The pre-teen girl crowd would come to see it even if they just stared at the camera for 90 mins.

NSync vs The Backdoor Boys

I'd actually like to see this if it was a campy slasher flick. I'd even go see it in the theater if it was a Gladiator-style cage match to the last man standing. Awesome way to poke a little fun at themselves while bringing in the guy crowd. The pre-teen girl crowd would come to see it even if they just stared at the camera for 90 mins.

N*sync RULES!!!!