Valkyire fighting space monster!

hevangel2

For Macross 7, is the FX my best choice?

I'm willing to ditch out money to buy legal copies, yet I need GOOD English subs.

Would a petition to Animeigo help? After all, the footages don't have to be repaired, only subs are needed.

Still waiting to buy Macross 7 DVDs....Sigh...

From your current post, I don't think you understand the difference between Spiritia and Anima Spiritia at all. And dude, you made Basara and gang sound god-like; this is something Macross characters are not all about. They are abnomalies yes, but never god-like. And the ones who are abnomalies ie:- Max Jenius, is severely lacking in other aspects of his live.

I do understand the difference of Anima Spiritia and conventional spiritia. I already proven it with the different types of spiritia that the vampires harvest.

Basara IS god-like. They portrayed him as such in M7 since he was the bane of all the protodeviln and he was the only one who could stand up to them. So he sorta fills in the "prophecy" (not really prophecy, but history) of the Anima Spiritia's role in the temple ruins.

Anima Spiritia is more or less like, and nothing more than a PR or streetsmart skills that made a better salesman - something that can be attained and improve upon with practice and experience. All the members of the Jaming birds, have what Basara had. They just lack experience.

I highly doubt that. Jamming birds being able to be trained to become as good as Mylene , Veffidas and Ray is very possible, yes. But they can't be trained into Basara. Like you said. He is an abnormaly. He is Anima Spiritia.

Had Basara not chosen to sing, the protodevlin uprising can still be quelled by ANY other group of special people (and an individual), who had Anima Spiritia. It could even be Bobby. :ph34r: Had he worked harder and was not so concerned with getting his poon, tanged.

Does this mean that you think that the Protoculture created humans as Anima Spiritia to counter the protodeviln uprising? Remember that the Anima Spiritia were created to fight the protodeviln. If timeline serves correct, the protodeviln wars happened long before humans were discovered and then their evolution accelerated by the Protoculture. This proves humans were not the special race, Anima Spiritia that the protoculture created. Yes, sure. ANY other group of special people (and an individual), who had Anima Spiritia can take them on if Basara had chosen not to sing. But you see, the problem here is ONLY BASARA has Anima Spiritia.....at least known to have Anima Spiritia. So as far as we are concerned, only HE can fight the protodeviln. Remember when Basara went off on his own because he didn't know what he was singing for? Mylene, Ray and Veffidas can hardly hold off on their own against the protodeviln. They had strong spiritia....but that alone can't defeat them.....until Basara comes in to save the day.

Basara is not Godlike, I don't even feel they prortray him as such in the series. He's simply determined.

It's not that he holds some mystical force that only the prophesized can have, he simply believes in his ideals. He has coniction, determination, and faith. Anyone else in the Macross universe could attain his musical skill, that's not what the Protedvlin feared, it was why he sung. That's the only thing special about him. Anyone sharing those ideals with his conviction could do what he did.

People like that exist.

i agree.

vinnie

Ok so if it's all dependent on how passionate about something someone is, how come hardly any (if any) of the UN pilots had generated really high levels of Spiritia? I can imagine that there were pilots protecting their families there with the same kind of passion the RAF Fighter Command pilots had in fighting off the Luftwaffa.

Sure they were generation spiritia. Their spiritia levels kept rising. However, spiritia isn't just about doing things passionately. It's about the power to touch people through the power of emotions. I believe that t be what anima spiritia tobe. The UN Spacy pilots weren't exactly exuding the kinds of emotions that can touch the Varutua pilots.

vinnie

Wow... finally I had just finished all 49 eposides of Macross 7.

All I have to say is.... watching the VF-22 of Max and Mira

in action make it worth sitting thru Basara's crap.

I'll buy the blue and red VF-22 pair if yamato release them.

It's just so cool.

Maybe yamato should release the sound force and jamming bird valkyires too.

After being brainwash by 49 eposides, they doesn't look that bad anymore.

I think Ray's green VF-17 is actually pretty nice.

BTW, I think I come across the end of the argument about anime spiritra.

According to the subtitle of the M7 I downloaded at imacross4 ftp server,

Lord Gepelnitch do generate anime spiritra.

On 2nd thought, Basara is not the most annoying character in M7, Sivil is.

She is simply mentally retarded, only know to repeat a few lines,

and scream in a high pitch voice without any reason.

Edited by hevangel2

BTW, I think I come across the end of the argument about anime spiritra.

According to the subtitle of the M7 I downloaded at imacross4 ftp server,

Lord Gepelnitch do generate anime spiritra.

Are those on the imacross4 server the ones encoded by #anime-skyscraper? Cause if they are, i wouldn't trust those subtitles. <_<

The subtitles on #ass encodes were so bad.

On 2nd thought, Basara is not the most annoying character in M7, Sivil is.

She is simply mentally retarded, only know to repeat a few lines,

and scream in a high pitch voice without any reason.

I think I can agree with that. They DID look equally stupid though.

And just cause I am on the putting childhood picture

Here is one of Basara with his rumored dad

add:

I am sorry for the picture size...

What is the context for that picture? Seriously?

H

It is from the "National Inquire" of Macross 7 in that episode where they were inventing all sorts for stories about Basara

And just cause I am on the putting childhood picture

Here is one of Basara with his rumored dad

add:

I am sorry for the picture size...

What is the context for that picture? Seriously?

H

That picture was a; "Hey, lets throw something in from DYRL so people will be distracted from how lame this show is."

Yeah, those subtitles are dreadful since they're just direct rips of the subs from the Hong Kong bootlegs.

There is a set of high quality fansubs around, but they're not extremely common and they only appear to go up to episode 30 that I've been able to find to date.

Yeah, those subtitles are dreadful since they're just direct rips of the subs from the Hong Kong bootlegs.

There is a set of high quality fansubs around, but they're not extremely common and they only appear to go up to episode 30 that I've been able to find to date.

I had a bunch from a LAN party in wmv format but the person I leeched from were missing a few episodes so i had to rely on #ass for the missing episodes. They were VHS encodes btw.

I don't have one with Valkyries but I have one with Thunderbolts and a space monster:

LOL, so sissy-lame... Just seeing that makes the bile in my stomach boil... Funny how M7 is all about loving and embracing peace yet it makes me want to do so many violent things.

I've been thinking of checking out M7 for a while now, but having read the posts on this thread---well, let's just say that I would rather see MACII over and over again! ;):)

I've been thinking of checking out M7 for a while now, but having read the posts on this thread---well, let's just say that I would rather see MACII over and over again! ;)  :)

Another fan saved!

Yep

And remembering A1's statement in a previous M7 discussion

that means his work is done

he can now live happily ever after with his doorknobs

and die peacefully :p:p:p:p:p

Wow, that second monster pic is particularly inundated with gayness... looks like he's wearing some sort of gay space monster tuxedo.

"oooh, what a FANCY Valkyrie fighting space monster you are!!!"

I've been thinking of checking out M7 for a while now, but having read the posts on this thread---well, let's just say that I would rather see MACII over and over again! ;)  :)

Another fan saved!

Ignorance Is King!

Wow, that second monster pic is particularly inundated with gayness... looks like he's wearing some sort of gay space monster tuxedo.

I've gotten over all of Basara's songs (except for Planet Dance), I really like 'em now.

I've learned to even look past the silly "Scrander Hasshin" sequence and super-robo pose...

I've ignored the pedophilic Kawaii-ness of Mylene and Elma.

I've let Keith convince me that the anthromorphized mecha was allowed since the Sound Force is more civilian than military, and that it boosted morale by being easily recognizable in combat, etc.

But for God's sake...

Can't they draw more sinister, menacing looking monsters? The only monsters I've seen that are more wimpy than the above screenshots are the Pokemon, Cookie Monster, Teletubbies, and Barney. Even some in Monsters Inc. looked moderately more scary than that gay monster in the shot. Urg...

Edited by John Focker

Pfft....you guys just don't "understand" what the space monsters really mean. :rolleyes:

Before anyone thinks BSU is a fruit for defending this show, I will tell you all he is being carcastic.

That does actually bring up a good point...

Did Mikimoto design those... uh, space monsters? If not, who does design monsters, if Kawamori does the mechs and Mikimoto does the characters?

Even as a M7 fan, I'm not a huge fan of the monster-ish designs.

Though I will say that the Teletubbies are far scarier.

Keep in mind that VF has a face... It is also sings, and is controlled by a guitar. :rolleyes:icon8.gif

Pfft....you guys just don't "understand" what the space monsters really mean.  :rolleyes:

Before anyone thinks BSU is a fruit for defending this show, I will tell you all he is being carcastic.

You would say that....h8ter. :p

Seriously though, that thing looks like some stupid Macross hentai fan project.

Observe:

post-2-1084299198_thumb.jpg