Just one more 1:48 Yamato, please

Knight26

I know I may be in the minority on this one, but before yamato closes down the 1:48 molds and shoves them in the back room I think i would be a great service to the fans if they made a VF-1D. They don't have to make all the two seaters, but the VF-1D is just my favorite valk design, love two seaters in general and makes sense for variable mecha in my opinion. Also, the VF-1D would be the easist to make in 1:48 without making to many design concessions, the biggest problem will be the chest shield. What do the rest of you think?

lol.. not only do you want a valkyrie Yamato will never make in 1/48 scale, you want it in a limited edition paint scheme??????

Might as well ask for the Dark blue VF seen for a brief second on the deck of the prometheus in one episode or the other.....

I don't understand why it's not probable... I mean who knew they were going to come out with a Koenig? How much sense did that make? I say predictions and all speculations are out the window... but that's not going to stop us is it?

Hopefully they make all that they did in the 1/60. :p

lol.. not only do you want a valkyrie Yamato will never make in 1/48 scale, you want it in a limited edition paint scheme??????

Might as well ask for the Dark blue VF seen for a brief second on the deck of the prometheus in one episode or the other.....

Oh yeah, I want that dark blue one, too! Come on, if a two-seater low-vis was made, you wouldn't buy it?

Now, before somebody gets on here and says, "hey Wicked Dumbass, Yamato will never make this, because. . . " I just want to be clear and say the I'd LIKE this and I'd BUY this. That's all. :)

Edited by Wicked Ace

I know I may be in the minority on this one, but before yamato closes down the 1:48 molds and shoves them in the back room I think i would be a great service to the fans if they made a VF-1D. They don't have to make all the two seaters, but the VF-1D is just my favorite valk design, love two seaters in general and makes sense for variable mecha in my opinion. Also, the VF-1D would be the easist to make in 1:48 without making to many design concessions, the biggest problem will be the chest shield. What do the rest of you think?

not just the chest shield,

the transformation system must have a little bit change,

since the battroid head will move more backward then a normal VF-1 when

in fighter mode, the head will have no room to fit because there have a

hip joint swing bar.

so , if in this double seat cast, must add a slider on the head joint,

let it move forward to fit in the place.

I know I may be in the minority on this one, but before yamato closes down the 1:48 molds and shoves them in the back room I think i would be a great service to the fans if they made a VF-1D.  They don't have to make all the two seaters, but the VF-1D is just my favorite valk design, love two seaters in general and makes sense for variable mecha in my opinion.  Also, the VF-1D would be the easist to make in 1:48 without making to many design concessions, the biggest problem will be the chest shield.  What do the rest of you think?

not just the chest shield,

the transformation system must have a little bit change,

since the battroid head will move more backward then a normal VF-1 when

in fighter mode, the head will have no room to fit because there have a

hip joint swing bar.

so , if in this double seat cast, must add a slider on the head joint,

let it move forward to fit in the place.

Good point. I didn't think of that. But it's not an impossible job.

The only 3 one seaters they have yet to make are Cannon Fodder, Max 1S and Kakizaki 1A.

Graham already stated that its doubtful they would go back and do 2 seaters such as a VF-1D or Elint/Ostrich. Although the thought would be sweet.

I am sure if they're looking for a quick buck, they could release another limited low vis variant like a 1S or 1J, but again, doubtful.

I would look forward to the Mac Zero releases as well as the Koenig.

I'd much rather they make a 1/48 VT-1 Super Ostrich. I'm more a DYRL fan than a TV design fan.

I don't know whether they have changed their minds or not, but in the past (about a year ago) Yamato did mention to me that there would be no 2-seat 1/48 toys.

Graham

I'd much rather they make a 1/48 VT-1 Super Ostrich. I'm more a DYRL fan than a TV design fan.

I don't know whether they have changed their minds or not, but in the past (about a year ago) Yamato did mention to me that there would be no 2-seat 1/48 toys.

Graham

The non-combat Valkyries have their appeal, but I don't like them as much. Sure you get a lot of parts and a good sculpt, but there's just something not there for me. I remember you saying that Yamato said it had no plans for the two-seaters - pity.

Edited by Wicked Ace

I can't imagine them not making the D and the Elint nad Ostrich. Isn't Yamato making the most bank form their Macross line? The Roy VF 1S, Hikaru 1A, and the Low Vis sold extremely well.

Why would they not run with the license and complete the line?

Am I wrong or is the 1/48 line selling better than the 1/60 line?

I think for sure the 1/48s have sold better than the 1/60s.

Anyway, I'd definitely buy a VT-1, VE-1, VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki and a VF-1A Cannon Fodder if they made them in 1/48.

I probably wouldn't buy a Max TV VF-1A or a Kakizaki TV VF-1A as I find the color schemes to boring.

I'd have to think carefully about buying a VF-1D or VF-1S DYRL Max if they made them, but I'd probably end up buying them without having to have my arm twisted too much :D

Graham

I would think that the entire line of 1/48 and 1/60 kinda play off of each other? with both lines going forward with releases, Yet not releasing the same thing at the same time, I think that except for a few the non-valk mecha(destroid and enemy)will stay in the 1/60 line? Although I'm hoping for 1/48 destroids? so I think that as of right now the macross line kinda needs these various sizes/scales.

I do think the 1/48 sells faster now, but for how long? they(yamato) seem very content with three or four scales at the same time, wich gives them a great degree of flexibility. they can come in with a budget line at one end and a collector type grade at the other or diffrent licenses for different scales ect.

I do think it would be a shame if they failed to complete the 1/48 line as I think it would really frustrate a large percent of the current customer base, also I think so far yamato has come thru on alot of levels that as fans/consumers thought were just pipe dreams, so this alone gives me hope :)

Graham

Mmmm... That leaves the door wide open for me then! Muahahahaha!!!!

I think Yamato's full of smart guys... they certainly realize these 1/48's are selling well... I think they'll come up with a way to do some 2 seaters.

I'd much rather have a VF-1D (my personal favorite valk), VT-1, and VE-1 rather than TV Max or Kakizaki, or more DYRL variants.

At this point, the only 1-seater 1/48 I'd buy would be the CF... and that makes me sad. I want to blow more money on this design! I love each and every 1/48 I've gotten and I'd love to see more of the classic TV and movie designs - particularly the more interesting ones with different heads and armors.

I think the 1/48 is probably one of Yamato's biggest, if not their biggest ticket item.

From what I can glean from their website, they seem to make mostly smaller, cheaper figures etc.

I really doubt that Yamato will abandon their biggest cash cow toy line at this state. I think it's pretty safe to say that the Macross toys are what really put Yamato on the map, so I'd be surprised if they stop now.

I also think it would behoove Yamato to go ahead and finish out the single seater line first before moving on to the twin seaters. Give me my Cannon Fodder then move on to the 1D and DYRL twins. So far they have made a 1/48 for every 1/60 they have (with the exceptions of the low vis and 1S Hikaru) I really don't see why they should stop now...

Except for one thing: how are these toys selling in the main market? I keep hearing stories of the Macross toys not selling so well in Japan, and as we all know they are the primary market (and the people Yamato listens to, not us)... so if there is a downturn in these toys I'd say no twin seaters then.

I have to agree. Why abandon the cash cow? They should have skipped the 1/60 line but alas I wont go into that detail. As Graham stated before, Yamato will not make a 2 seater VF. But as some ppl here said before, who knew they would make the VB-6 Koenig Monster? Now they say they are. Frankly, all bets are off on what Yamato will not make. Of course, that means I hope to see a VF-4 in the future.

As for the VF-1s, I will buy whatever they put out long they are not the ugly @$$ M7 colors. :D

I would love to see the sales numbers for the 1/48 and 1/60 lines. I'm guessing that the number of units sold drop a little with each subsequent release. There is also probably a point at which the diminishing returns crosses below a point of reasonable profit.

Out of the various 1/48s that haven't been released yet the only ones I would pick up would be a CF, VT-1 and perhaps a VE-1. I'm sure other people would pick a different subset to pick up. There are also people who would pick them all up. The dilema that Yamato faces is determining which models have enough appeal to sell well in the 1/48 line. Yamato of course has access to the 1/60 sales numbers, which can help to predict 1/48 sales. It may be that these numbers indicate that the 2-seaters or perhaps even the CF aren't worth their time in the 1/48 line.

Fatalist, you're forgetting the Max 1A (TV style).

I could be wrong, but I'd consider the Max 1A TV style to be pretty unlikely. . . only because I think the Max 1A DYRL style sold rather poorly.

I'm only basing that on indications that few places (that I know of) sold out, and many have been on sale since shortly after their release.

I'm hoping for a Cannon Fodder! :)

H

Edited by Hurin

Fatalist, you're forgetting the Max 1A (TV style).

I could be wrong, but I'd consider the Max 1A TV style to be pretty unlikely. . . only because I think the Max 1A DYRL style sold rather poorly.

I'm only basing that on indications that few places (that I know of) sold out, and many have been on sale since shortly after their release.

I'm hoping for a Cannon Fodder! :)

H

DYRL Max sold poorly? Damn... I thought it did well. I bought 5 of them.

DYRL Max sold poorly? Damn... I thought it did well. I bought 5 of them.

Like I said. . . could be wrong. I've just never seen it sell out anywhere. . . eek! Just checked TMP. . . and they are now sold out. So much for that theory. :)

Was just a (perhaps false) impression I got from stock levels and sale prices. Not saying Yamato didn't make money on it or that it was a disaster or anything. Heck, maybe demand for good ol' Max (1A) was just overestimated and some buyers over-bought.

Just FYI for anyone who wants one: Toy-wave has had them on sale at $89 for months now (+ shipping from overseas). I don't have any direct experience with them, but that's a damn good price on a new 1/48!

As for your particular toy buying habits: I think we're all aware that you're abit kookey. . . but in a wonderful, wonderful way. :D

Best Regards,

H

I think it just took a while for the Max 1A to become scarce, but they're getting to that point. I think there's one on eBay now, but it took me a while to get another one just this last 2 weeks. As far as dealers here I believe Neova was the only one that had it. Not impossible to get but definitely getting harder.

I think it just took a while for the Max 1A to become scarce, but they're getting to that point. I think there's one on eBay now, but it took me a while to get another one just this last 2 weeks. As far as dealers here I believe Neova was the only one that had it. Not impossible to get but definitely getting harder.

Yep... I always expected Max to be the first 1/48 to fall victim to a monster HLJ clearance sale. I bought my Max 1/60 for about $27 during one of HLJ clearance deals.

No such luck. The Max 1/48 is a contendah.