1/100 Koenig Monster confirmed (Dengeki Hobby)

Shaggydog

Hey Solscud... we know what the Konig Monster looks like already! No need to keep posting images!  :p

Hurin- I'm not sure I get where you're coming from... The VB-6 Konig Monster IS canon.

But hey its so purty though and you gotta see it from all sides and angles right? Isnt that what we do? We hide behind the convienence of the internet and scrutinize the most insignificant of details. haha I love it!!!!

oh I figured it out. It is the cargo bay that hides the cannons. its too tall/blocky. look at the renderings the side walls angle out, rather than drop straight down, so the lines blend in with the wings.

Edited by Solscud007

If we're nit-picking then yeah, the sculpt needs some work. Partially I'm hoping for some mis-transformation in those prototype pictures (damn, can't anyone transform a prototype correctly?!?)...

But hell, like the Q-Rau this is the first and only toy of it's type!!!!! Can't complain about that!!!

Oh yeah and that scopedog is money too!!

Vostok 7

Aren't there any other pictures besides SHUTTLE MODE? Doesn't it have a TANK MODE also? :blink:

you mean "monster destroid mode" its not really a tank. Tanks are non bipedal machines (I think) but anyway the correct term would be destroid. and yes it does along with a batroid version

you mean "monster destroid mode" its not really a tank. Tanks are non bipedal machines (I think) but anyway the correct term would be destroid. and yes it does along with a batroid version

I should have rephrased it to slowly walking statue of Zentradi death. :D

OK... I'm happy as hell to be seeing this. But another thing is...

... it throws the whole theory about Yamato NOT merchandising anything that doesn't have different schemes for repainting sakes.

Ignacio, you may yet get your DYRL N-Ger. (me too!)

and my DYRL Macross. :D

... it throws the whole theory about Yamato NOT merchandising anything that doesn't have different schemes for repainting sakes.

Well said my friend, well said :lol:

One only can hope...

Also throws out my theory of video game only mechs not being produced lol :lol:

Love the Scopedog from VOTOMS. Hopefully Toycom will pick up this one for US release. I mean they picked up that GM... I mean Ideon ....

Guys.. Guys..

http://www.tfw2005.com/modules.php?name=In...jpg&MediaNum=12

Psssst... Koeing's awesome...

But we got STAR SCREAM?!?!

The Konig news plus these new remolded (and articulated) TFormers are gonna be great.

Mini Masterpiece Convoy and Starscream will be mine.

But you can't top the MONSTER news. It's HUGE! :D

Great news! I'm really excited by the Koenig... mainly because they didn't decide to make it too small or too big... 1/100 is a great size for this toy.

As for the canon issue... if it was designed by Kawamori, then it's canon. End of story.

Nice pics, too. I'm totally buying this one.

30cm Shuttle Mode=bliss :D

An actual Koenig Monster. Kick ass, I am so amazed at this. I wouldn't have thought they'd actually do it, and the shuttle sculpt look gorgeous, I can't wait to see more modes. I will have multiples of this baby.

This unfortunately leads me to my next point, not to kill the joy or anything.

Two brand new sculpts from scratch.

VF-0

and now the holy crap almighty VB-6!

So....

Where in the bloody hell is the YF-19 :angry:

This excuse against the VF-4 or SDF-1 just went out the window. But first the -19 must be finished.

Side note, I am also extremely excited about that Starscream. Transformable and Posable? I must see more on that thing in the Other Anime/SF forum.

I bet Valkyrie is pissed off right now. Though the resin will still kick ass.

There's no way I would have ever been able to put it together though myself, so this is a sigh or relief.

Edited by Anubis

As for the canon issue... if it was designed by Kawamori, then it's canon.  End of story.

I don't want to get into a big thing here. But just being designed by Kawamori does not make something "canon." The setting within which the mecha is placed must also be considered. In other words, a design by Kawamori that is placed within a non-canon work makes it a non-canon mecha.

I don't know enough about the Macross video games to speak intelligently about this. My understanding is that, by and large, the video games are considered canon. But I don't think anything Kawamori doodles on a napkin is automatically canon. That's a pretty open standard.

Edited by Hurin

Forgive the bossman for being candor... he's been smalling that Corinthean leather for a while now... I think he means within the Kawamori Design Works book it's safe to say it's canon... Where as I just point and say... the plane, the plane!

30cm Shuttle Mode=bliss :D

An actual Koenig Monster. Kick ass, I am so amazed at this. I wouldn't have thought they'd actually do it, and the shuttle sculpt look gorgeous, I can't wait to see more modes. I will have multiples of this baby.

This unfortunately leads me to my next point, not to kill the joy or anything.

Two brand new sculpts from scratch.

VF-0

and now the holy crap almighty VB-6!

So....

Where in the bloody hell is the YF-19 :angry:

This excuse against the VF-4 or SDF-1 just went out the window. But first the -19 must be finished.

Side note, I am also extremely excited about that Starscream. Transformable and Posable? I must see more on that thing in the Other Anime/SF forum.

I hope the hell so. I would like to see the SDF-1 and VF-4 as well.

i would've bought a plain old non-transformable monster but seeing as theres a transformable monster coming....

i have no complaints regarding size, molds, technical data or any of that mumbo jumbo. lets get over it folks cause it sure beats nothing.

I think he means within the Kawamori Design Works book it's safe to say it's canon... Where as I just point and say... the plane, the plane!

That would make more sense. Though "safe to say" and "end of story" are two very different attitudes towards the question. :)

My own personal yardstick is something actually appearing in an anime. Video games are always a bit iffy to me. Especially, when, by their very nature, the outcome and events in a video game differs from player to player. Thus making it hard to say that what happens in a video game is what "officially" happened in the Macross universe.

But, hey, if most people consider the video games canon. . . what do I care?

H

Edited by Hurin

But, hey, if most people consider the video games canon. . . what do I care?

H

LOL... What you or I consider doesn't make things canon... It's for the creator or the license holder to say if it's canon or not, in this case, the Froating Head himself. Look at HG... well no that isn't a good example... <_<

LOL... What you or I consider doesn't make things canon... It's for the creator or the license holder to say if it's canon or not, in this case, the Froating Head himself. Look at HG... well no that isn't a good example... <_<

Except for when there is a vacuum of information. As I said, I don't know if Kawamori has stated unequivocally that the video games are canon. Nor have I heard of BW doing so. Nor have I heard of either saying anything similar about the Design Works book.

I'm not saying that it hasn't been defined. I'm just saying that I haven't heard of it being done. And, in the lack of such information, yes, it is up to the fans to decide when the "gods" of a universe refuse to speak.

And, let's also not forget that the "gods" tend to reverse themselves on such issues.

I'm willing to be educated here. If the book or the video games have been officially designated as canon, please let me know. I don't really doubt that they have been since I have no factual knowledge of it. Indeed, I'm sure some would point out their inclusion in the Compendium as meaning that they are canon.

Either way, I think the issues surrounding what is and is not canon are more complex than either you or Blaine are acknowledging.

H

Better pic. I think that this is going to be too expensive! I refuse to buy it! Should have been cheaper for what you get. Not poseable enough and while I'm at it, where is the posable pilot figure with a nice round butt? :lol::lol:

post-4-1082678352_thumb.jpg