Opinion: best sc-fi Capitol ship designs....

A pic is worth 1,000 words. ;)

what the heck is that called????

i've thought about this ship but couldn't remember what it really looked like(other than the big ass gun in the front) or what it was called? i must've been 4-5 years old when i saw this cartoon.....what the heck is this ship called???

Ummmm dude thats the yamato... :p

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh................

i never put 1 and 1 together...LET ME LIVE! :lol:

nobody ever really posted a pic of it before and no pics = all words which can't help a guy who couldn't remember what it looked like. :blink:

where the heck can i get one of those? the cartoon was called battleship yamato? i saw this when i lived in korea when i was just a wee lad and don't remember what it was called...in korean anyway.

A pic is worth 1,000 words. ;)

what the heck is that called????

i've thought about this ship but couldn't remember what it really looked like(other than the big ass gun in the front) or what it was called? i must've been 4-5 years old when i saw this cartoon.....what the heck is this ship called???

Ummmm dude thats the yamato... :p

But when he watched it, it was probably called the Argo.

The TCS concordia class from Wing commander

http://www.wcnews.com/encyclopedia/showrecord.php?id=1292

Just to make sure that you did mean this Concordia and not the one from WC II (which I think is far superior)

As for my own list, aside from whats been mentioned here so far, id like to add a few hear and there:

The Battleship from Project A-Ko: Part Yamato, Part Arcadia, Part Zentraedi, and part every other cool ship from anime lore. Not to mention it makes a handy amusement park and hotel.

Dogos Giar from Zeta Gundam: One of the few Gundam ships I respect as it carries a decent armament and more than say 4 mobile suits.

Queen Emeraldas from Queen Emeraldas: Gotta love a ship which looks like a Zeppelin with a 17th Century Man-O-War on the bottom.

Lean Horse Jr (Reinforce Jr) : Whatever you call it you gotta love a ship with a giant Beam Saber attack.

The Sol Bianca

Cygnus from Disney's The Blackhole

The Valley Forge from the film Silent running

The big badguy asteroid thing shaped like a "dragon" from the old, old Saturday morning TV show Jason of Star Command :blink:

The Nestromo and refinery from Alien

The sword fleet ships from the Thunder Force games

Most anything Nagano has designed for L-Gaim and Five Star Stories :D

Edited by MSW

Fav cap ship?

Tiidan Destroyer from Homeworld

Dreadnaught from Homeworld:Cataclysm

Battle Cruiser fully outfitted with fire control tower and other goodies from Homeword 2

Hiigaran Battlecruiser (http://well-of-souls.com/homeworld/hws/hw2/images/battlecruiser_weaponry.jpg http://images.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=well...UTF-8%26sa%3DN)

Vaygr Battlecruiser (http://well-of-souls.com/homeworld/hws/hw2/index_vaygr.html)

TCS Concordia (Confederation Class - Wing Commander II)

USS Enterprise NCC 1701-E

New Battlestar Galactica

Star Destroyer

Super Star Destroyer

That's about it for now...

The Uchuu Senkan Yamato

Flagship Andromeda

Arcadia

And hell, another vote for just about any ship designed by Matsumoto.

Exactly.....even though his designs are nearly 30 years old they're still top honors in my book.

Pic taken from Yamato Mechanics.com B))

post-26-1082956145_thumb.jpg

STAR TREK:

Borg Tactical Cube

WING COMMANDER:

TCS Tigers Claw

actigersclaw.jpg

TCS Concordia

wc2confederation.jpg

TCS Exeter

wc1exeter.jpg

TCS Waterloo

wc2waterloo.jpg

Midway (WC Prophecy)

wcpmidway.jpg

there were some good ones in Freelancer and Starlancer and Freespace 1&2...

Westwood's canceled Earth&Beyond had some sweet ships too

The CG Protoss Carriers and Terran Battlecruisers from Starcraft were pretty cool. I loved the opening Brood War CG movie.

Ahh, how could I forget that... :)

Before I say what I think the best capital ship designs are... WHERE CAN I GET THIS??? I love RD!!!!

ty96401_reddwarf500_257.gif

Now, onto rants. First, from Babylon 5:

Narn G'Quan class Starcruiser

narnstcr_lg1.jpg

The Earth Alliance's Omega Class Destroyer

eaomega_lg1.jpg

Non-Babylon 5

NS-966-C Nadesico C

iND_n_nadesicoc_1.JPG

And lastly, the Flagship/Carrier from Irresponsible Captain Tylor. I think it was called the Ho-Oh, but I'm not sure. I couldn't find a picture, will have to screen-cap it later.

Edited by Tekkaman Blade

I also would have to go with the Nadesico ND-001 and the Nadesico with the Y-unit attatched. Also have to give a nod to some of the variations of the Nadesico that appear in the Manga.

Besides that I liked the Nirvana from Vandread, and the UGAS Heavy Battlecruiser on the boxart from a really really old PC/AT game called starfleet by Interstel.

Rob :ph34r: