Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

If you don't like the styling of the older GM kit, you could go for the RGM-79C GM Kai space version.

The GM Kai uses the more updated look. The original GM however has more the "old school" look to it though.

Pic from Dalong.

post-514-1134424644_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

The first GM master grade is one of the first Master Grades to exist I think.  They should change the mold into something nicer.

Same thing with that MG Gundam they got listed, it's the 1.5 and its nearly the exact molding as the GM.

Personally I find getting the OYW Gundam is so much better, more detail, great stiff joints to mess around with, the works.

351753[/snapback]

Isn't the rx-78 gundam that's listed on amazon the First version? I could swear it's not the ver1.5.

Edited by F360°

It IS the first version on Amazon. Don't be fooled. For 10 bucks though it's not bad.

So both are older kits? Hmm.... I don't know if I'll go and putty them... I'll have to see how bad it is. Are there different kits of these designs that I should have gotten instead? The one on Amzon seemed to be the only 8th MS Team RX-79 I could find... and I still intend to get the Sniper variant GM model for all the weapons... but I'm basically stuck if I want all 1/100 scale MG kits of these designs, right?

Oh its Version 1? I didn't know that, my Gundam 1.5 came from Gamestop, that one I know was 1.5, thought it was the exact same one, they look alike.

I trashed my RX-78GP-01Fb, 1.5, Zaku II, and some 1/144's....but most of the collection I tossed came from my SEED shelf.

So both are older kits?  Hmm.... I don't know if I'll go and putty them... I'll have to see how bad it is.  Are there different kits of these designs that I should have gotten instead?  The one on Amzon seemed to be the only 8th MS Team RX-79 I could find... and I still intend to get the Sniper variant GM model for all the weapons... but I'm basically stuck if I want all 1/100 scale MG kits of these designs, right?

351789[/snapback]

yeah, the only ones left on Amazon from the 08th MS team is the RX-79 ground gundam. and if you want a GM from the same series they did released a Master grade 1/100 RGM-79[G] GM that has all the sniper weapons and stuff but you'll have to get it else where. Most online stores have it.

If you are only shopping from amazon then yes, you are stuck with what they have. There are also different kits with those designs ( rx78, gm, etc) but you'll have to buy them else where for a higher price.

here's a link with all the 1/100 mastergrades released

http://211.233.38.221/dalong/mg.htm

Edited by F360°

Awesome site. Thanks for the link... now I know that there is only one version of the RX-79 from 8th MS Team.. and a couple 78 variants, and alot of Zeon mechs to get.... are Zaku IIs hard to find or crappy kits or anything? I read that the coolant hoses are nasty, but otherwise it sounded alright....

are Zaku IIs hard to find or crappy kits or anything?  I read that the coolant hoses are nasty, but otherwise it sounded alright....

351807[/snapback]

Nope. Zakus are fairly easy to get and pretty good. The hoses can be a pain but it's nothing big to worry about (or nothing a bit of glue can't solve).

It's still very possible they could since they've been doing alot of OYW models over the last year.

But I think the main reason we haven't seen one is lack of demand, its sort of why you don't see Southern Cross figures around :p

Sure there are fans, but there might not be enough to make the product sell.

I was gonna take some pictures of my OYW Gundam with my ......pathetic Gundam, but my battery died so I'll have to bug ppl for batteries.....I could of sworn I had some spares cause of my Lightsabers.

The Zeon suits are fun to build, but like mentioned those hoses can be a real pain in the ass.

The Zaku's in Zeta Gundam got rid of the hose problem by making them rubber instead.

Sadly the only Zeon suits I got are MG Kampfer, OYW Gouf, OYW Dom, 1/144 Gelgoog and Sazabi..........man I really love the detail off the Sazabi. Might be pretty lousey for posing, but its size and the time I took on customizing it was fun!

If I could get another OYW Gundam, I'd more than likely make an RX-78-1, the color scheme off that is nice.

But off this sites list the MG's I'd want......

ZAKU II White Wolf Custom/Johnny Riden

GM Custom (cause I ruined mine)

GM Quel (mine busted, it turned out so nice too)

Gouf Custom

ZEONG

OYW Zaku

OYW Gelgoog

Gundam MKII 2.0

and the soon to be released Zeta 2.0

mmmmmmmmmm the life wasted by those kits wouldn't make me feel guilty at all.

What's OYW? And howcome the Acguy, one of the ugliest Gundams, gets the most awesome substructure assembly of all the kits? And backstory wise, how come the 8th MS Team designs don't have 'Core Fighters'? Sorry for all the questions, but aside from stupid Gundam Seed and Endless Waltz i'm pretty new to Gundam stuff.... are any of the other series or movies as down to earth and gritty (realistic?) as the 8th MS Team? It's basically the only Gundam series I've watched and actually enjoyed.

What's OYW? 

You are forever banished. :p:lol:

OYW = One Year War - The 0079-0080 war between the Federation and Zeon

The Acguy got such an impressive kit because it is one of the newest Master Grade model kits. They've been getting better as they go along.

The 8th MS Team mobile suits didn't get core fighters because they didn't need them. Core Fighters are expensive, so only the Operation V suits got the initial core fighters. The core block that was optional on the Gundam, Guncannon, and Guntank. Those 3 could use either the Core fighter, or a standalone cockit core block. The GM's just used the block.

The gound suits in 8th MS Team didn't even use the core block system. They just had a regular cockpit in the chest, be it a RGM-79G or the RX-79G.

Edited by Anubis

What's OYW?  And howcome the Acguy, one of the ugliest Gundams, gets the most awesome substructure assembly of all the kits?  And backstory wise, how come the 8th MS Team designs don't have 'Core Fighters'?  Sorry for all the questions, but aside from stupid Gundam Seed and Endless Waltz i'm pretty new to Gundam stuff.... are any of the other series or movies as down to earth and gritty (realistic?) as the 8th MS Team?  It's basically the only Gundam series I've watched and actually enjoyed.

351848[/snapback]

For any more questions reagrding Universal Century Gundam check out mahq.net :lol:

for other mobile suits: B))

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/index.htm

for other gundam shows: WARNING: They contain Spoilers!! :ph34r:

http://www.mahq.net/animation/gundam/gundam.htm

HOPE THAT HELPS!! ;)

BANISHED!

Also for reference, when I speak of a OYW model I really mean the Mastergrade line that was created specifically for the One Year War video game that Namco produced.

Sadly, it seems the OYW Gundam Mastergrade was the only one to recieve the highest special treatment and could be regarded as being one of the best RX-78-2 kits available.

I'm sorry? Lol, thanks for the link...I've obvisouly got a few series to download. Are 080 War in the Pocket and 083 Stardust Memories any good? And what would it take to convert the PG RX-79 into an RX-79G? Aside from the chest vent and gun and the knee studs and not having a core fighter (a detail I would overlook and just leave in), are there any real differences?

Uhhh, I don't think a PG RX-78(G) has been even tried. But there's a HUGE difference between them.

That unit is modeled more after the Ground type GM and never had a core block. Not too mention its armor is greatly different.

As for show wise......0080, six episodes, mostly the Zeon side of the war, only mobile suit action is the start of the first episode and the final 2 episodes........the rest is just that damn annoying brat.

0083 has LOTS of mobile suit action, but when you think it should fill in holes between the OYW and Zeta....it creates more holes.

I'm sorry?  Lol, thanks for the link...I've obvisouly got a few series to download.  Are 080 War in the Pocket and 083 Stardust Memories any good? 

352027[/snapback]

Both are good. And avaliable on DVD. You can pick up the 0080 and 0083 collector's set for cheap.

http://www.digitaleyes.net/Details.cfm?info=BAN021031

http://www.digitaleyes.net/Details.cfm?info=BAN021032

There's also a 0080 & 0083-set out there. You could probably find that one as well.

And what would it take to convert the PG RX-79 into an RX-79G?  Aside from the chest vent and gun and the knee studs and not having a core fighter (a detail I would overlook and just leave in), are there any real differences?

Didn't know there was a PG RX-79...You can save yourself time by just buying the MG RX-79(G), Ez8, or the RGM-79(G). All of those are fairly easy to find.

http://www.plajapan.com

http://www.hlj.com

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/

Not RX-79, sorry, I meant the RX-78-2, my bad. I'm getting all of those MG models, I was just curious if there was a way to make a larger more detailed model...

I'm trying to decide if there's a way to make an MG 1/100 scale Guntank... I figure that there's gotta be a tank design similar enough that some modifications could make it right for the bottom, but I'm still trying to figure out what MG gundam has the most similar upper body... anyone else got any thoughts?

: / it sort of has the Guncannon upper body, but the head is different and most of the upper body is also changed, the only thing similar would be the arms, but you'd have to hack those and replace with guns.

I was going thru HLJ and saw a kit that'll allow you to take the exo skeleton of the OYW Gundam and help you create a OYW style GM unit which looked very cool.......but its 22 pieces which I think means alot of tape and paint to give it a truely authentic look.

That's something that also scares me about Resin kits...like the head is all one piece alot of the time isn't? Espically the GM head, its not like you got two pieces for the head and than a visor....its all one pieces.....and painting the visor would be difficult for me.

I always have a hard time working with models where a chunk of what you want to paint is molded with another piece you want a different color from what your shooting for.

to bad they do not show anything really new. most of the bonus items i have seen before like the chrome MK II PG kit and the red and white RX-78 10 anniversery MG kit.

chris

Dear lord........why would they use that inferior MG mold for the RX-78?! it can't support the shield weight, that's why one of my gundams doesn't have a shield anymore, the lower part of the arm keeps dropping. Haven't had the problem with the GM though.

But I do like that 1/1 scale MS seat.

I REALLY wish I could buy that MKII 2.0 :( it looks so nice, and my custom paint job off it would come out so well.

And that Argama diarhama is genius! I think its one of those paper cut out deals! I wish I could find a way to do that! I'd make stuff like that all the time for a cool way to dsiplay my UC models!

Edited by Hikuro

the big one is a limited edition Chrome Perfect Grade RX-178 MK II , the one with the pink wings is the Destiny Gundam.

chris

Awesome box art. Would make a nice wallscroll.

That looks VERY nice, and that kneeling pose makes me feel very confident about how stable the figure could be.

:( man and I love the Zeta too.....and all I got was the C1 and it sucks.

353083[/snapback]

You could always put a few on Ebay....assuming they're unopened....

Zeta ver. 2 looks good. But is it me, or did they thin out the width of the shield...oh wait, it's like that on MG ver. 1 and the PG kits....

My GM and Ball arrived. I really don't like the colors the GM is molded in. Very rare for a MG. The body is too green and the red is too light. It looks greener in person than any of the pics online. I could have dealt with a greenish tint, but it is really mint green looking. So I'll go ahead and paint it. It's very few parts runners so that will be easy. I shold have enough paint already. I'll also paint the Ball too, so I do need to pick up a can of grey and another can of matte black. Since the visor on the GM is clear I'll take the can of Olive I have left over from the MG Zaku II I painted and spray the backside of the visor.

Both are very easy kits, very few parts runners for each. Not surprising given the subject matter. The GM doesn't even have real internal detail outside of the backpack and the core block. The joints are more HG than MG unfortunately, but it doesn't have to support a lot of weight so it should be fine.

The red GM Kai kit is clearly a superior kit. The colors look like they would be the same though.

The Ball kit is just sweet. Very nice detail. The colors are fine as is (if panel lined), but since I'm going to paint the GM anyway it doesn't make sence not to paint the Ball too.

Edited by Anubis